Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best place to buy Yamaha clubs?

Go down 
+11
golferx
flashpacker
philipbai
goh.YF.52
pocketace
enwee
bigsplash
angeldogleslie
kwannick
andrew-golf
yaozza07
15 posters
AuthorMessage
yaozza07
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

Best place to buy Yamaha clubs?  Empty
PostSubject: Best place to buy Yamaha clubs?    Best place to buy Yamaha clubs?  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 12:59 pm

Any bros know where is the best place to get a yamaha set? 
The model of interest is the new RMX Maraging Face. Is it recommended to buy from Rakuten?
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: Best place to buy Yamaha clubs?    Best place to buy Yamaha clubs?  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 1:02 pm

interesting question...
Back to top Go down
kwannick
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
kwannick

PostSubject: Re: Best place to buy Yamaha clubs?    Best place to buy Yamaha clubs?  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 1:34 pm

Ultimately, unless one gets them from official and recognised sales channels/agents, one can never be sure of authenticity. Perhaps that's why brick and mortar golf shops still have a place.

I have been told by a friend that a Yahama 2014 RMX forged set with tour ad 75g stiff shafts at a reputable golf shop is going for about $1.6k after discount. That's definitely an attractive offer if you are keen on Yahama irons, TS.  Surprised
Back to top Go down
angeldogleslie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
angeldogleslie

PostSubject: Re: Best place to buy Yamaha clubs?    Best place to buy Yamaha clubs?  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 2:28 pm

kwannick wrote:
Ultimately, unless one gets them from official and recognised sales channels/agents, one can never be sure of authenticity. Perhaps that's why brick and mortar golf shops still have a place.

I have been told by a friend that a Yahama 2014 RMX forged set with tour ad 75g stiff shafts at a reputable golf shop is going for about $1.6k after discount. That's definitely an attractive offer if you are keen on Yahama irons, TS.  Surprised

This is provided if your "Friend" doesnt get it before TS. Hahahaha

Hi TS, Rakuten is similar to Ebay/amazon. While my shopping experience with Rakuten has been quite positive, you are still encouraged to buy from reputable vendors in Rakuten (after all iron purchases isnt cheap). 

Perhaps you can get more referrals from tourspecgolf?
Back to top Go down
bigsplash
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Best place to buy Yamaha clubs?    Best place to buy Yamaha clubs?  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 2:32 pm

second that
while ive bought off rakuten, its usually a few hundred each time. so in the event that something happen, defective products/not as u expect, the heartache wont be so much. that said, ive never had any problem with rakuten. stick with the shops with more recommendations.

ive tried proshopks and atomicgolf. both delivered as promise and very prompt. 4 days to spore after orders placed.
Back to top Go down
kwannick
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
kwannick

PostSubject: Re: Best place to buy Yamaha clubs?    Best place to buy Yamaha clubs?  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 4:38 pm

angeldogleslie wrote:

Hi TS, Rakuten is similar to Ebay/amazon. While my shopping experience with Rakuten has been quite positive, you are still encouraged to buy from reputable vendors in Rakuten (after all iron purchases isnt cheap). 

My "friend" was just trying to poison me lor...TSG is pretty expensive in comparison to Rakuten.

Having said that, I have not heard any complaints about their service, delivery or the authenticity of their products...Rakuten I have not tried. For accessories it might be worth a punt.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Best place to buy Yamaha clubs?    Best place to buy Yamaha clubs?  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 4:45 pm

kwannick wrote:
angeldogleslie wrote:

My "friend" was just trying to poison me lor...TSG is pretty expensive in comparison to Rakuten.

Having said that, I have not heard any complaints about their service, delivery or the authenticity of their products...Rakuten I have not tried. For accessories it might be worth a punt.
So what u wanna get in Rakuten???? I help u get???? lol! 
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: Best place to buy Yamaha clubs?    Best place to buy Yamaha clubs?  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 4:54 pm

kwannick wrote:
angeldogleslie wrote:

i think I'm not that "friend" right?
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Best place to buy Yamaha clubs?    Best place to buy Yamaha clubs?  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 6:19 pm

i thought you are GolfSimply's best friend?
 cheers 
din know you are good frens with Rakuten too? scratch
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: Best place to buy Yamaha clubs?    Best place to buy Yamaha clubs?  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 6:42 pm

pocketace wrote:
i thought you are GolfSimply's best friend?
 cheers 
din know you are good frens with Rakuten too? scratch

Rakuten, yes

Golf Simply.. I'm a small player compared to others haha
Back to top Go down
goh.YF.52
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
goh.YF.52

PostSubject: Re: Best place to buy Yamaha clubs?    Best place to buy Yamaha clubs?  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 9:01 pm

Why dont get from MST in singapore?
Back to top Go down
philipbai
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Best place to buy Yamaha clubs?    Best place to buy Yamaha clubs?  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 5:06 pm

Hi
I am new to the game here.
is there any place to demo Yamaha clubs in singapore?
Also i am keen to hear from you guys if Yamaha Inpress X D iron set is suitable as a first iron set for a newbie?

thanks

Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Best place to buy Yamaha clubs?    Best place to buy Yamaha clubs?  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 6:12 pm

philipbai wrote:
Hi
I am new to the game here.
is there any place to demo Yamaha clubs in singapore?
Also i am keen to hear from you guys if Yamaha Inpress X D iron set is suitable as a first iron set for a newbie?

thanks

You can demo at MST Golf at Bukit Batok (and Marina Bay if I rem correctly).
There're 2 sets of D-Forge at the new JDM shop and 1 set at Golf Simply.
Forgiving sets and good for beginners.  cheers 
Back to top Go down
golferx
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
golferx

PostSubject: Re: Best place to buy Yamaha clubs?    Best place to buy Yamaha clubs?  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 11:20 am

Only MST carry Yamaha. I have suggestion to reduce your cost. Do not take full set of iron, you can take 5-P and it will reduce your overall cost. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
munching222
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
munching222

PostSubject: Re: Best place to buy Yamaha clubs?    Best place to buy Yamaha clubs?  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 11:56 am

yes, agree with golferx, i hv bought 2 sets of Yamaha irons fr MST before (Classic with graphite shafts & also the V-Forged with Tour AD shafts). i only got 5-PW fr them each time. this will reduce yr price & allow you to mix yr bag with other of yr fav wedges.

if u do travel to Jkt, the best prices are at TopGolf at Plaza Bellezza. they are distributor for all Yamaha gears. they sell genuine golf stuff and all indo golfers will know their good reputation. their Scotty putters are at least S$40-50 cheaper than good prices here in Spore. their Yamaha irons are lower price than Spore too.

i am a regular golfer in Jkt and i hv checked prices between them & Spore shops, i know they are cheaper. hope it helps. cheers
Back to top Go down
Golfish
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Golfish

PostSubject: Re: Best place to buy Yamaha clubs?    Best place to buy Yamaha clubs?  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 10:47 pm

BFG?
Back to top Go down
philipbai
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Best place to buy Yamaha clubs?    Best place to buy Yamaha clubs?  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 2:17 am

Thanks all for your recommendation of the shops and advice on getting on 5-p set.

I thought the same abt 5-p as well, but more because i am afraid i cant handle the longer irons.ha!

Any ideas how much does a 1st hand and 2nd hand yamaha inpress X D 5-p cost?
Back to top Go down
aze06
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Best place to buy Yamaha clubs?    Best place to buy Yamaha clubs?  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 10:56 am

If you're not too particular, you should check out the used clubs at Golf Partner for the JDM clubs. Yamaha impres D are great for beginners. I had them (2007 model) for close to 6 years. My set was with NS Pro shafts. Sold for $5xx last year. It is not an indication of what prices are today but sharing my experience.
Back to top Go down
philipbai
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Best place to buy Yamaha clubs?    Best place to buy Yamaha clubs?  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 11:52 am

How to check that Golf partner or Golf Simply are selling 2nd-hand Yamaha sets are JDM and not manufactured in china or usa?

Apologies if it sounds a bit noob.
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Best place to buy Yamaha clubs?    Best place to buy Yamaha clubs?  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 12:42 pm

philipbai wrote:
How to check that Golf partner or Golf Simply are selling 2nd-hand Yamaha sets are JDM and not manufactured in china or usa?

Apologies if it sounds a bit noob.

JDM = japanese domestic market

it does not mean made in japan....

your assumption may not be right....

it could be made in china or usa but retail for just the japanese market....
Back to top Go down
philipbai
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Best place to buy Yamaha clubs?    Best place to buy Yamaha clubs?  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 2:01 pm

I see. Thanks for clarification
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best place to buy Yamaha clubs?    Best place to buy Yamaha clubs?  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best place to buy Yamaha clubs?
Page 1 of 1