Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lydia Ko signs for Callaway Golf

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

Lydia Ko signs for Callaway Golf Empty
PostSubject: Lydia Ko signs for Callaway Golf   Lydia Ko signs for Callaway Golf I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 1:35 pm

Looks like passing of the torch from Ernie Els leaving Callaway to Lydia Ko coming on board
 cheers 
http://www.golfwrx.com/162643/that-didnt-take-long-lydia-ko-signs-with-callaway/
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Lydia Ko signs for Callaway Golf   Lydia Ko signs for Callaway Golf I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 1:38 pm

Looks like Callaway is targeting at the younger plus up & coming pros ... Good examples are Ryo Ishikawa, Nicolas Colsaert, Sandra Gal, etc.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Lydia Ko signs for Callaway Golf   Lydia Ko signs for Callaway Golf I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 7:13 pm

More coming just stay tuned...the money they save on Ernie plus another Asian star will use to sign up younger players with more playing future. after all nobody wants to play with their "dad's" club, so the need to renew is always a priority.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Lydia Ko signs for Callaway Golf   Lydia Ko signs for Callaway Golf I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 7:50 pm

Heard that she signed up with IMG as well.

If that's true, hopefully she does not go the way of Michelle Wie.
Back to top Go down
astroboy888
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Lydia Ko signs for Callaway Golf   Lydia Ko signs for Callaway Golf I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 1:38 am

Yes Lydia has signed with IMG. She has also switched coaches. She has unfortunately received some negative press in the Kiwi papers about 'sacking' her Kiwi coach, Guy Wilson. What a lot of people don't know that for the past year she usually trains with just her father and not Guy.

They ignore the fact that all this is not her doing but IMG's.  IMG is now clearing the path for her into the world of professional golf.

She is a very young and humble girl who just wants to play golf. She always has time to sign autographs and take pictures with people even while practicing. I wish her the best and hopefully she will be able to make it on the LPGA.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lydia Ko signs for Callaway Golf   Lydia Ko signs for Callaway Golf I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lydia Ko signs for Callaway Golf
Page 1 of 1