Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New (2014) Mizuno JPX FLI HI HYBRID Review & Pics (compared with previous model)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

New (2014) Mizuno JPX FLI HI HYBRID Review & Pics (compared with previous model) Empty
PostSubject: New (2014) Mizuno JPX FLI HI HYBRID Review & Pics (compared with previous model)   New (2014) Mizuno JPX FLI HI HYBRID Review & Pics (compared with previous model) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 2:46 pm

Folks, here is a side by side comparison of Mizuno latest JPX FLI HI Hybrid vs last season's model
both are #5 hybrid (yes i cannot hit my 5i to save my life!) 
[url=https://s243.photobucket.com/user/juzluvpink/media/Mobile%20Uploads/ .jpg.html]New (2014) Mizuno JPX FLI HI HYBRID Review & Pics (compared with previous model)  [/url]

Length : 38 inches
Loft : 25*
Flex : SR
Shaft : Stock Fujikura Orochi New (2014) Mizuno JPX FLI HI HYBRID Review & Pics (compared with previous model) Image_zpsfc685bfa

I had the previous jpx 800 hybrids and got rid of them in favour of my current jpx fli hi (2012~2013 version) , but I had mixed success, pulled shots being my misses. When Golfhouse brought in the 2014 version in stealthy black finish with orange accent, I just want to try it. 

Appearance wise, the 2014 version has lesser offset, and wider sole than the previous version. It reminds me of the previous MX700, and JPX 800 hybrids. New (2014) Mizuno JPX FLI HI HYBRID Review & Pics (compared with previous model) Image_zps0cbd288d

Headcover is a smart looking black sock with matching orange accent, functional, nothing fanciful New (2014) Mizuno JPX FLI HI HYBRID Review & Pics (compared with previous model) Image_zpse27bdf33

I took it out for a 9- hole game at nsrcc Navy course this morning, no range session, just unwrap and whack. It sits nicely at address behind the ball, slight offset gives plenty of confidence. Last season's jpx fli hi is more like an offset iron with a bulge behind the clubface. I tend to hook that bad boy, it just does not agree with me at address. New (2014) Mizuno JPX FLI HI HYBRID Review & Pics (compared with previous model) Image_zpsb439eb56

The 2014 jpx hi fli gives a nice, reassuring 'thwack' at impact with a mid-high trajectory.

Guys who play with me knows Im a mizuno fanboy. That said, I have never written a review on their hybrids before (I have had past 3-4 models). This one, I really like. If you tend to sweep your hybrids off the deck, play this one. If you tend to hit down on your hybrid (not me!), then last season's model will do nicely for you. New (2014) Mizuno JPX FLI HI HYBRID Review & Pics (compared with previous model) Image_zpscee9b573

By the way, Mizuno also released another hybrid for 2014, known as the JPX EZ hybrid. It looks even bigger and more like a wood than the FLI HI version. Should be good for high hcp players. New (2014) Mizuno JPX FLI HI HYBRID Review & Pics (compared with previous model) Image_zps5d152128
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

New (2014) Mizuno JPX FLI HI HYBRID Review & Pics (compared with previous model) Empty
PostSubject: Re: New (2014) Mizuno JPX FLI HI HYBRID Review & Pics (compared with previous model)   New (2014) Mizuno JPX FLI HI HYBRID Review & Pics (compared with previous model) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 2:49 pm

first pic just refused to be displayed
here is the direct link
https://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff53/juzluvpink/Mobile%20Uploads/ .jpg
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: New (2014) Mizuno JPX FLI HI HYBRID Review & Pics (compared with previous model)   New (2014) Mizuno JPX FLI HI HYBRID Review & Pics (compared with previous model) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 3:04 pm

Thanks for the headsup.

the new JPX EZ hybrid is selling at a good price in Dubai, about 150 SGD/pc
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: New (2014) Mizuno JPX FLI HI HYBRID Review & Pics (compared with previous model)   New (2014) Mizuno JPX FLI HI HYBRID Review & Pics (compared with previous model) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 3:52 pm

the JPX FLI HI is already selling at 159sgd now at the so called GH Xmas sale
The EZ is more pricey

if the EZ is sgd150 in uae, its a great price!
Back to top Go down
Botak88
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New (2014) Mizuno JPX FLI HI HYBRID Review & Pics (compared with previous model)   New (2014) Mizuno JPX FLI HI HYBRID Review & Pics (compared with previous model) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 12:08 pm

bro pocketace;

how would u rate the 2 version of fil-hi in terms of;

1) forgiveness
2) workability
3) drive distance (i.e; which 1 can drive further or same?)

TIA
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: New (2014) Mizuno JPX FLI HI HYBRID Review & Pics (compared with previous model)   New (2014) Mizuno JPX FLI HI HYBRID Review & Pics (compared with previous model) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 12:22 pm

thanks for the review bro pocketace

this new 2014 jpx fli hi looks more similar to the jpx 800 hybrid, than the older jpx fli hi.

I agree with your review. the older fli hi is meant to be played like an iron, whilst this new one is definitely more like a hybrid. I had the older fli hi and had same issues as you - tend to hook or push it left. I just couldn't get on with the excessive offset.

the one thing i really like about the mizuno fli hi is the face material. You can really feel the ball springing off the club face.

I personally miss their Mp fli hi range. The last one came out in 2010. I wonder why they stopped producing it.
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: New (2014) Mizuno JPX FLI HI HYBRID Review & Pics (compared with previous model)   New (2014) Mizuno JPX FLI HI HYBRID Review & Pics (compared with previous model) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 12:52 pm

Botak88 wrote:
bro pocketace;

how would u rate the 2 version of fil-hi in terms of;

1) forgiveness
2) workability
3) drive distance (i.e; which 1 can drive further or same?)

TIA
(1) It is as forgiving as I expected it to be. I am of the view that it can be played by most golfers. I basically had zero range session and went on course with it. Perhaps my past experience with the older JPX 800 and mx 700 hybrids helped

(2) Can't really comment (just a 15 hcp) I only wanna hit it straight. I managed to do it with a touch of draw. My miss tends to be a hook which I avoided last Sunday (hope I don't jinx it!). 

(3) distance is what I expected of a 5 hybrid. It sits nicely between my 6i and 4hybrid when it comes to distance. Just as I hoped it should be!

It's a pity they only brought in R and SR flex this time. The SR flex is nicely balance for me thankfully! These are Jap specs so the stock grip is a tad smaller.

The last season's FLI HI just won't do it for me in all these 3 departments! scratch
Back to top Go down
Botak88
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New (2014) Mizuno JPX FLI HI HYBRID Review & Pics (compared with previous model)   New (2014) Mizuno JPX FLI HI HYBRID Review & Pics (compared with previous model) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 1:28 pm

Thks bro pocketace for the review Beer 

Kam sia kam sia

Maybe i shld replace my 3fli hi to the newer EZ since i alway hve prbm wth it Crying or Very sad

Last edited by Botak88 on Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
timang84
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
timang84

PostSubject: Re: New (2014) Mizuno JPX FLI HI HYBRID Review & Pics (compared with previous model)   New (2014) Mizuno JPX FLI HI HYBRID Review & Pics (compared with previous model) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 6:16 pm

Alas your jpx800 hybrid also no love with me, looking to put that on sale soon. But the old fli hi is still in my bag. really good club that goes high long and straight
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New (2014) Mizuno JPX FLI HI HYBRID Review & Pics (compared with previous model)   New (2014) Mizuno JPX FLI HI HYBRID Review & Pics (compared with previous model) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New (2014) Mizuno JPX FLI HI HYBRID Review & Pics (compared with previous model)
Page 1 of 1