Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MP 53 w Aerotech Steelfiber i95 - Pics and Fitting Review

Go down 
+17
BigblackGoof
DRGjr72
jtek
pushslice
DGman
haragolfer
beehome
wilkang
slinger
system12
hkhamateur
Technospaz
gingerus
copen123
shimizu.toruk
scottycollector
pocketace
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

MP 53 w Aerotech Steelfiber i95 - Pics and Fitting Review Empty
PostSubject: MP 53 w Aerotech Steelfiber i95 - Pics and Fitting Review   MP 53 w Aerotech Steelfiber i95 - Pics and Fitting Review I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 12:07 am

Folks

Background: currently 17 hcp. I had been gaming the Burner 2.0 irons in stock graphite stiff flex. Irons play had been average at best. Irons inaccuracy led me to staring at long putts (for pars or birdies)... put a lot of pressure on my putting

I had a swing analysis session back in Dec . The swing analysis (and Ikasu wedge) was my prize I won at the GR event. Eric just passed me the BFG irons to try, one with SF shaft, the other with KBS shaft for comparing the Trackman stats next to my Burner 2.0 irons. 'Light weight iron shafts may not work for everyone' Eric pointed.

I came away impressed with the combo. 'You can go for i95 stiff or KBS Tour 90 Reg', he said. I was hopeful for a moment then... Eric went on to add, 'anyway I got no stocks...'

Fast forward couple of months, I just collected my MP 53 w i95 from BFG earlier. Although Eric was away this week, I was fitted last Sat by him ... 'add 1/4 inch, standard lie, 2 layers tape to the grip', and collected them earlier today. Each iron head is measured independently.

MP 53 w Aerotech Steelfiber i95 - Pics and Fitting Review IMG_9471

White Golfpride MC grip to match with white ferrules

MP 53 w Aerotech Steelfiber i95 - Pics and Fitting Review IMG_8232

MP 53 w Aerotech Steelfiber i95 - Pics and Fitting Review IMG_4246

First time I am being properly fitted for irons. Thanks Eric and the BFG team.
I will be gaming them this sat. Just sharing some pics now... will it work for me on course? I'll update field report...
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: MP 53 w Aerotech Steelfiber i95 - Pics and Fitting Review   MP 53 w Aerotech Steelfiber i95 - Pics and Fitting Review I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 12:12 am

very very nice. all the best for ur game on sat. and pls tell us how the steelfibers feel. i'm getting very interested in them
Back to top Go down
shimizu.toruk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
shimizu.toruk

PostSubject: Re: MP 53 w Aerotech Steelfiber i95 - Pics and Fitting Review   MP 53 w Aerotech Steelfiber i95 - Pics and Fitting Review I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 12:21 am

What a handsome-looking set! I must quickly get consistent to go for fitting...
Back to top Go down
copen123
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
copen123

PostSubject: Re: MP 53 w Aerotech Steelfiber i95 - Pics and Fitting Review   MP 53 w Aerotech Steelfiber i95 - Pics and Fitting Review I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 12:51 am

Sweee! I am also playing MP53s. Perhaps it's time to pay BFG a visit. I have never been there before.
Back to top Go down
gingerus
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: MP 53 w Aerotech Steelfiber i95 - Pics and Fitting Review   MP 53 w Aerotech Steelfiber i95 - Pics and Fitting Review I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 12:54 am

looks gorgeous... can share with us what's the cost?
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: MP 53 w Aerotech Steelfiber i95 - Pics and Fitting Review   MP 53 w Aerotech Steelfiber i95 - Pics and Fitting Review I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 7:16 am

Cost depends if you need to extract shafts outta previous irons and type of grips you choose (iomic will cost more!). DGman posted on another thread that it is around 100 ish per club. It is definitely not as economical like steel shaft. But you get what you pay for. Depends on what you want. suggest you pop by bfg and have a chat with Eric aka Dgman.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: MP 53 w Aerotech Steelfiber i95 - Pics and Fitting Review   MP 53 w Aerotech Steelfiber i95 - Pics and Fitting Review I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 7:19 am

Bro, very very nice looking clubs. Congrats Smile
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: MP 53 w Aerotech Steelfiber i95 - Pics and Fitting Review   MP 53 w Aerotech Steelfiber i95 - Pics and Fitting Review I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 7:37 am

Thanks mate! The proof is on the pudding. Just hit them in bfg trackman, hope they perform on course
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: MP 53 w Aerotech Steelfiber i95 - Pics and Fitting Review   MP 53 w Aerotech Steelfiber i95 - Pics and Fitting Review I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 7:54 am

Wow.....perfect color match n serious lookg set after w new shaft fitted. Shocked
Guessed yr comg Sat game, b4 drivg to e tee off box yr flights mate alr lost e first 9 liao. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
system12
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: MP 53 w Aerotech Steelfiber i95 - Pics and Fitting Review   MP 53 w Aerotech Steelfiber i95 - Pics and Fitting Review I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 8:09 am

How much does the whole thing cost ?
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: MP 53 w Aerotech Steelfiber i95 - Pics and Fitting Review   MP 53 w Aerotech Steelfiber i95 - Pics and Fitting Review I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 8:31 am

welcome to the family....

may u have more pars n birdies....
Back to top Go down
wilkang
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
wilkang

PostSubject: Re: MP 53 w Aerotech Steelfiber i95 - Pics and Fitting Review   MP 53 w Aerotech Steelfiber i95 - Pics and Fitting Review I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 8:47 am

Since the SF group is grwoing, maybe we should have a SF game Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: MP 53 w Aerotech Steelfiber i95 - Pics and Fitting Review   MP 53 w Aerotech Steelfiber i95 - Pics and Fitting Review I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 8:52 am

Thanks Slinger... so long as got 'chocolates' from you when I next play with you lor... Heheheh
Back to top Go down
beehome
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
beehome

PostSubject: Re: MP 53 w Aerotech Steelfiber i95 - Pics and Fitting Review   MP 53 w Aerotech Steelfiber i95 - Pics and Fitting Review I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 9:04 am

hi pocketace, thks for sharing ur experience. I am very surprised bcos our cases r v similar.

I had Eric checked my swing last Dec too. was playing graphite (as everyone advised it is easier) but Eric said I could handle steel. Played with NSpro the last 3 games. Irons are sharper now and distance same as graphite.

Should have visited a clubfitter earlier. Anyway I am v interested to know how ur game will be. Please keep us posted. Nice clubs, enjoy!
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

PostSubject: Re: MP 53 w Aerotech Steelfiber i95 - Pics and Fitting Review   MP 53 w Aerotech Steelfiber i95 - Pics and Fitting Review I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 10:04 am

My two cents on the fitting. Got my putting looked at and putter fitting by Eric 1.5 months back. and i have been putting like fantastic since i gotten used to the new setup taught by Eric. AS aways, BFG is very professional. and Eric was very helpful to help me correct my putting woes.

Now i am thinking of going back to fit my irons and all.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: MP 53 w Aerotech Steelfiber i95 - Pics and Fitting Review   MP 53 w Aerotech Steelfiber i95 - Pics and Fitting Review I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 11:08 am

Thank you all for your kind words.

Since last year the Aerotech shafts have been moving very well world wide. we have been fitting Aeroetech since 2006 and have a lot of experience working with them. whether its soft stepping and hard stepping to match the desired feel and robustness of the impact.

In pocketace case he was all ready to go with either the i80S or the i90R until he was asked if something more robust might be the feel that he was after. he tried the i95 S soft step and like it immediately. hence we soft step the i95 S instead and i am sure he will get tight dispersion and even consistently longer distance than before.

what's more important is the quote "SteelFiber composite iron shafts provide greater vibration dampening and reduced fatigue which means greater playing ability over a longer time."

Aerotech Steelfiber Facebook

Rest assured lots and lots of SF arrive last week and quite a few are pre-orders.

i will be back tomorrow and looking forward to letting those who are looking for a friendlier and more vibration dampening solution to their irons.

DGman

Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: MP 53 w Aerotech Steelfiber i95 - Pics and Fitting Review   MP 53 w Aerotech Steelfiber i95 - Pics and Fitting Review I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 11:46 am

DGman, any chance Aerotech offer more colours next year....brownish grey dont match up well anything but white or black, i'm very vain these days after Frostee intro-ed me to color ferules What a Face
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: MP 53 w Aerotech Steelfiber i95 - Pics and Fitting Review   MP 53 w Aerotech Steelfiber i95 - Pics and Fitting Review I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 11:49 am

spray paint your own shaft lor.....
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: MP 53 w Aerotech Steelfiber i95 - Pics and Fitting Review   MP 53 w Aerotech Steelfiber i95 - Pics and Fitting Review I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 4:44 pm

after a couple of weeks lay off (due to unforseen circumstances), I finally managed to sneak 1 round this morning in Kranji, very first time hitting these AT SF on my Mp53.

I started the round in a sloppy manner, clearly the rust after laying off for 3 weeks is telling. Plus MP53 is far less forgiving compared to my Burner 2.0 in the past. Anyway, after I warmed up to the round, initial reaction is that the iron shots are so much straighter and dispersion is tighter.

While, I could tell from the range practice, I was hitting the irons further but I wasn't able to tell any marked increase in iron distance on course. Anyway, for me, controlling my irons more impt.

I was telling DGman earlier at BFG this afternoon, that for one of the par 5 this morning, I teed with a driver, followed by 6iron and 8 irons, 2 putts. 'Controlled play' as DGman puts it. It was really nice to have control over my irons (maybe my so-so skills didn't help!)

it is still early days yet. I'm gonna do another mid week round followed by 1 round on next sat. Let's see if my review can be further validated. Cheers for reading!
Back to top Go down
beehome
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
beehome

PostSubject: Re: MP 53 w Aerotech Steelfiber i95 - Pics and Fitting Review   MP 53 w Aerotech Steelfiber i95 - Pics and Fitting Review I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 4:57 pm

pocketace, im following ur post closely. don't worry im no no stalker haha........
in my earlier post, i said tt ur case n mine r quite similar. Im v interested in knowing how the steelfibre is performing for u. thks.
Back to top Go down
jtek
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: MP 53 w Aerotech Steelfiber i95 - Pics and Fitting Review   MP 53 w Aerotech Steelfiber i95 - Pics and Fitting Review I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 5:24 pm

"SteelFiber composite iron shafts provide greater vibration dampening and reduced fatigue which means greater playing ability over a longer time."

Does the dampening help to lessen the load on the back? Cos been having backache and looking for many solution to carry on enjoying golf...
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: MP 53 w Aerotech Steelfiber i95 - Pics and Fitting Review   MP 53 w Aerotech Steelfiber i95 - Pics and Fitting Review I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 7:12 pm

I don't play so many rounds per week to get backache. But if within a single round you already got backache, then u may need to address the issue. Not sure if SF is the solution. Could be bad posture?
As far as I'm concern, using the SF shaft does not cause swing fatigue. But I suspect any lightweight graphite can help with that. I guess what SF gives u in addition is precision that steel shaft promotes. Let me validate in the days ahead. There are a no. of old birds here using SF for awhile already, perhaps they can chime in

Back to top Go down
jtek
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: MP 53 w Aerotech Steelfiber i95 - Pics and Fitting Review   MP 53 w Aerotech Steelfiber i95 - Pics and Fitting Review I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 8:40 pm

For me... I only green once a month... range once a week... But usually after 100 balls on range... no issue... after 150 balls on range... the ache come along...

So I am thinking whether do i need a shaft that can let me play more shots than now...
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: MP 53 w Aerotech Steelfiber i95 - Pics and Fitting Review   MP 53 w Aerotech Steelfiber i95 - Pics and Fitting Review I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 9:45 pm

you guys should ask Panji aka Pushslice too.....DGman
Back to top Go down
DRGjr72
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
DRGjr72

PostSubject: Re: MP 53 w Aerotech Steelfiber i95 - Pics and Fitting Review   MP 53 w Aerotech Steelfiber i95 - Pics and Fitting Review I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 9:53 pm

I think that any dampening will lessen the load that is felt on various parts of the body. Impact is one of those things that is severe and can cause damage depending on the severity of it, and the level of repetition has an impact as well.

I would suggest that you take an iron out that has a steelfibre in it and hit some balls on the range and compare to your set. If they feel better, it could be a solid choice. If it does not feel better, then it will not do anything to cure your problem.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MP 53 w Aerotech Steelfiber i95 - Pics and Fitting Review   MP 53 w Aerotech Steelfiber i95 - Pics and Fitting Review I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MP 53 w Aerotech Steelfiber i95 - Pics and Fitting Review
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next