Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BFG and ZEN in the finals of Singapore National Amateur Open

Go down 
+16
nicasio
teegem
pushslice
DLWL
shorthitter
asahi
ken23
EastCoastHack
paul@golf
zhikang
coe16arg
Technospaz
Yarra
Gmaran67
mengteck71
DGman
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

BFG and ZEN in the finals of Singapore National Amateur Open Empty
PostSubject: BFG and ZEN in the finals of Singapore National Amateur Open   BFG and ZEN in the finals of Singapore National Amateur Open I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 11:06 pm

We are delighted that young Yash Majmudar has reached the final of the Singapore National Amateur Open. Yash just short of his 16th birthday will face Singapore #1 National ranked player Marc Ong over 36 holes matchplay tomorrow. 

Yash Majmudar plays BFG irons & wedges and his trusted ZEN Zim QN Putter. Yash is also a practitioner of ZEN Putting Mechanics and ZPI.

We wish him all the best and may the force be with him.

BFG and ZEN in the finals of Singapore National Amateur Open 9620234237_c402e8949a_c
photo courtesy of golfing.com.sg

Of course Yash's talent, abilities, determination and mental strength are important factors in this journey so far. He has upstaged Singapore Development players along the way and  we are joyful that Yash choose BFG and ZEN in his quest to reach the final, including 90 gruelling holes in the last 3 days.

DGman

Last edited by DGman on Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: BFG and ZEN in the finals of Singapore National Amateur Open   BFG and ZEN in the finals of Singapore National Amateur Open I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 7:56 am

Congrats Yash.. 加油cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Gmaran67
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: BFG and ZEN in the finals of Singapore National Amateur Open   BFG and ZEN in the finals of Singapore National Amateur Open I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 8:00 am

Congrats to him and bfg
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: BFG and ZEN in the finals of Singapore National Amateur Open   BFG and ZEN in the finals of Singapore National Amateur Open I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 8:32 am

Good luck to Yash...
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: BFG and ZEN in the finals of Singapore National Amateur Open   BFG and ZEN in the finals of Singapore National Amateur Open I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 8:54 am

Awesome!! Keep going, Yash!! Smile
Back to top Go down
coe16arg
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
coe16arg

PostSubject: Re: BFG and ZEN in the finals of Singapore National Amateur Open   BFG and ZEN in the finals of Singapore National Amateur Open I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 9:29 am

Since this is on sponsorship, just curious to know if BFG supports any local player?

So far have only read about Yash (who is not singaporean) and thai pros in here. what about locals? or are they just not good enough?

hope this is not considered OT on this thread.
Back to top Go down
zhikang
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: BFG and ZEN in the finals of Singapore National Amateur Open   BFG and ZEN in the finals of Singapore National Amateur Open I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 9:37 am

coe16arg wrote:
Since this is on sponsorship, just curious to know if BFG supports any local player?

So far have only read about Yash (who is not singaporean) and thai pros in here. what about locals? or are they just not good enough?

hope this is not considered OT on this thread.
IIRC BFG supports Amanda Tan who is one of the best young female golfers around!
Back to top Go down
paul@golf
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
paul@golf

PostSubject: Re: BFG and ZEN in the finals of Singapore National Amateur Open   BFG and ZEN in the finals of Singapore National Amateur Open I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 9:46 am

Congrats to Yash and BFG boss! Yash gogogo!!! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: BFG and ZEN in the finals of Singapore National Amateur Open   BFG and ZEN in the finals of Singapore National Amateur Open I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 10:11 am

we work with lots of local players, amateurs and professionals alike...."sponsorship" can be made in various form and shape. unless the players do not mind us taking about it, we usually keep our mouth shut.

i would like to add that i only see golfers, i do not see colour, race or citizenship. it has nothing to do with nationality. Mardan is our #1 player and he gets nothing from the sports authorities. the only attention he gets is from the IRAs. 

so while we are here, enjoying our time on earth, we do what we can to grow the interest of the next generation of golfers and that has nothing to do with age as well.

hope it helps.......DGman
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: BFG and ZEN in the finals of Singapore National Amateur Open   BFG and ZEN in the finals of Singapore National Amateur Open I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 10:17 am

I am sure that BFG is always willing to work with people who are genuinely keen to improve their game, willing to learn, and willing to accept criticism, not those with ego bigger then their head.
Back to top Go down
coe16arg
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
coe16arg

PostSubject: Re: BFG and ZEN in the finals of Singapore National Amateur Open   BFG and ZEN in the finals of Singapore National Amateur Open I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 10:20 am

hi boss, thanks for sharing. guess bfg is not like those big mnc companies, die die must always force the players they support to acknowledge openly and publicly.

no doubt in my mind that bfg is supportive of talents here...so how, can support me too? what do i need to do? bring suckling pig to the den? Laughing
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: BFG and ZEN in the finals of Singapore National Amateur Open   BFG and ZEN in the finals of Singapore National Amateur Open I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 10:53 am

if you have a game and cannot afford to pay for the equipment that will make you a better player, you are in line.

we do not force players to use our equipment. in the case of Amanda, she is "sponsored" by a major brand but she prefers BFG irons and Wedges. she started with a ZEN and we made her earned that prototype putter with set goals. She achieved the goals and she was awarded the prototype putter. her family has no problem paying for equipment but to achieve the goals and be rewarded gives her immense confidence and satisfaction.

as for the rest of the equipment just like Yash, the parents pays for them. our sponsorship is in the form of time i spent with them in working on ZPM and mental prepareness. My what's app is usually pretty busy on tournament week.

watch out for Ryan Wong, local junior he is good. Andre Chong is another one, same age as Gabriel Yap who is a delightful boy. also several young turks like Khun Yang who has finished his studies, Eugene Sim who is starting to go out and compete on the regional circuit.

In fact this is what happened yesterday.....

BFG and ZEN in the finals of Singapore National Amateur Open 9627238098_aeb9b02254_z

BFG and ZEN in the finals of Singapore National Amateur Open 9627237976_1bdaae599b_z

BFG and ZEN in the finals of Singapore National Amateur Open 9627238216_ab8949958d_z

local young turk ES getting tips from Singapore #1 golfer and he found himself easily hitting 270 meters drives afterwards. MM is also one of those who wish to give his time whenever possible to help young players but most are afraid or unwilling to approach him. Imagine, none of the sports authorities including sports school have ever asked him to give a talk to budding golfers.

anyway since we talk so much already, nothing like a commercial break to start the buying frenzy......haha

here's the Oban Kiyoshi Black in the hands of Eugene Sim. he qualified and made the cut last week at the PGM event in Malaysia. We are very proud of his achievement and he has gained our respect. in fact we are starting to point Eugene to the right places to get fitter stronger, better prepared for his future challenges.

BFG and ZEN in the finals of Singapore National Amateur Open 9624061391_c85c698696_z

Thank you for reading.......DGman
Back to top Go down
EastCoastHack
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
EastCoastHack

PostSubject: Re: BFG and ZEN in the finals of Singapore National Amateur Open   BFG and ZEN in the finals of Singapore National Amateur Open I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 11:39 am

DGman wrote:

... He (Yash) has upstaged Singapore Development players along the way ...

... MM is also one of those who wish to give his time whenever possible to help...  (but) none of the sports authorities including sports school have ever asked him to give a talk to budding golfers...

DGman

Sensing a theme there, Eric.
Back to top Go down
ken23
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: BFG and ZEN in the finals of Singapore National Amateur Open   BFG and ZEN in the finals of Singapore National Amateur Open I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 2:35 pm

Congratulations to Yash for winning the SNAC with a 3/2 victory over Marc Ong!!!!! Well done!!!
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: BFG and ZEN in the finals of Singapore National Amateur Open   BFG and ZEN in the finals of Singapore National Amateur Open I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 7:08 pm

Congrats Yash!
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: BFG and ZEN in the finals of Singapore National Amateur Open   BFG and ZEN in the finals of Singapore National Amateur Open I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 7:29 pm

This is enough gratification for all of us at BFG....and to get first hand message from Yash mum and a personal call from his dad is just like how they treat us as a team....

BFG and ZEN in the finals of Singapore National Amateur Open 9626234057_21b71f4727_z

We do have a strategy for Yash in the final round and he follow it and reap the rewards.

DGman
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: BFG and ZEN in the finals of Singapore National Amateur Open   BFG and ZEN in the finals of Singapore National Amateur Open I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 8:19 pm

DGman wrote:
we work with lots of local players, amateurs and professionals alike...."sponsorship" can be made in various form and shape. unless the players do not mind us taking about it, we usually keep our mouth shut.

i would like to add that i only see golfers, i do not see colour, race or citizenship. it has nothing to do with nationality. Mardan is our #1 player and he gets nothing from the sports authorities. the only attention he gets is from the IRAs. 

so while we are here, enjoying our time on earth, we do what we can to grow the interest of the next generation of golfers and that has nothing to do with age as well.

My 2 cents....

DGman responded with a diplomatic, but honest reply....  I actually found COE****??'s comment quite offensive.

Singaporeans not "good enough". "He is not even Singaporean"! 

I have been working with BFG for a loooooong time, I know of at least 7-9 Singaporean Pro's using BFG equipment, I have on 2 occasions asked BFG to help out young players with equipment and those young players, still in High School may never get below 7 handicap, but because I asked BFG stepped up and said no problem. And yes they are Singaporean.

BFG will help if you ask regardless of Race, Creed, Colour Religion or in many cases ability.... please leave negative Race comments out of GR, don't assume that because BFG does not promote a player that they don't support them.

On another note, it was mentioned that if MM or LCB (at this stage as they are the leaders) achieve an OWGR preset target they will in fact get recognition from The Sports Council in a $$$$  form.
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: BFG and ZEN in the finals of Singapore National Amateur Open   BFG and ZEN in the finals of Singapore National Amateur Open I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 8:57 pm

shorthitterMy 2 cents.... wrote:

DGman responded with a diplomatic, but honest reply....  I actually found COE****??'s comment quite offensive.

I have been working with BFG for a loooooong time, I know of at least 7-9 Singaporean Pro's using BFG equipment, I have on 2 occasions asked BFG to help out young players with equipment and those young players, still in High School may never get below 7 handicap, but because I asked BFG stepped up and said no problem. And yes they are Singaporean.

BFG will help if you ask regardless of Race, Creed, Colour Religion or in many cases ability.... please leave negative Race comments out of GR, don't assume that because BFG does not promote a player that they don't support them.

On another note, it was mentioned that if MM or LCB (at this stage as they are the leaders) achieve an OWGR preset target they will in fact get recognition from The Sports Council in a $$$$  form.
+100
Back to top Go down
DLWL
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
DLWL

PostSubject: Re: BFG and ZEN in the finals of Singapore National Amateur Open   BFG and ZEN in the finals of Singapore National Amateur Open I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 9:09 pm

shorthitter wrote:
DGman wrote:

My 2 cents....

he was just asking a honest question.
And you are reading selectively.

He said

"Since this is on sponsorship, just curious to know if BFG supports any local player? So far have only read about Yash (who is not singaporean) and thai pros in here. what about locals? or are they just not good enough?hope this is not considered OT on this thread."

There is no "not even Singaporean", "Singaporeans not "good enough". which you have taken out of context and in the negative light.
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: BFG and ZEN in the finals of Singapore National Amateur Open   BFG and ZEN in the finals of Singapore National Amateur Open I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 9:30 pm

If that is your take.......
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: BFG and ZEN in the finals of Singapore National Amateur Open   BFG and ZEN in the finals of Singapore National Amateur Open I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 9:57 pm

its ok AK...i don't think Coe.... had any malice in his post....and i really don't mind suckling pig....Very Happy 

had a call with Mardan before he left for Switzerland for the Omega Master and he asked me specifically to call Yash to send his regards on his behalf. he has also agreed to my request to let Yash join him in Singapore for a few days to better understand how its like to be a professional...Yash will get to practice, go to the gym and even play with MM. that will be good for him to understand what happens when the golf course is your office.

DGman

Last edited by DGman on Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: BFG and ZEN in the finals of Singapore National Amateur Open   BFG and ZEN in the finals of Singapore National Amateur Open I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 10:08 pm

Wow congrats Yash and Eric! Maybe can even be better than Rashid Khan?
Back to top Go down
teegem
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
teegem

PostSubject: Re: BFG and ZEN in the finals of Singapore National Amateur Open   BFG and ZEN in the finals of Singapore National Amateur Open I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 8:32 am

congrats. Eric & Yash.
Back to top Go down
nicasio
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: BFG and ZEN in the finals of Singapore National Amateur Open   BFG and ZEN in the finals of Singapore National Amateur Open I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 8:45 am

congrats and well done to Eric and Yash...may the force will be with you forever and ever
Back to top Go down
buzz1211
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
buzz1211

PostSubject: Re: BFG and ZEN in the finals of Singapore National Amateur Open   BFG and ZEN in the finals of Singapore National Amateur Open I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 9:52 am

Agree with Shorthitter. The questioner may not have intended to offend but the thought process and question are certainly troubling. To see the world in black and white (foreign vs local, etc) must be stressful. Aren't we all the grandchildren of foreigners? Anyway congrats to Yash, Eric. And GR community for civil disagreement.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BFG and ZEN in the finals of Singapore National Amateur Open   BFG and ZEN in the finals of Singapore National Amateur Open I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BFG and ZEN in the finals of Singapore National Amateur Open
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next