Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

what happened to The Singapore Open

Go down 
+3
beehome
chien
zhenxua
7 posters
AuthorMessage
zhenxua
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
zhenxua

what happened to The Singapore Open Empty
PostSubject: what happened to The Singapore Open   what happened to The Singapore Open I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 9:30 pm

died?
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: what happened to The Singapore Open   what happened to The Singapore Open I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 9:42 pm

Taking a break this year. . Next year if back will be in early part of the year. ..
  Totally agree and makes sense... 

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/sports/story/golf-no-singapore-open-2013-tournament-will-be-held-early-next-year-20130
Back to top Go down
beehome
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
beehome

PostSubject: Re: what happened to The Singapore Open   what happened to The Singapore Open I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 12:07 am

This is total disgrace to Singapore golf. No support from corporations and of course not to mention the miserly government. Come next year, I will not be surprise if they say it is not going to happen.
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

PostSubject: Re: what happened to The Singapore Open   what happened to The Singapore Open I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 12:12 am

Why is it always the garmen at fault.  Other countries simply assume the garmen dont work.  

I think the problem is more political wrangling by the different tours who cannot talk to each other.  Ego or otherwise.  Asian tour versus dunno what dunno what tour.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: what happened to The Singapore Open   what happened to The Singapore Open I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 12:20 am

if one looks at the weather during the last few years, its a bad time to have a $6 million tournament....so shifting the dates makes a lot of sense. 

from what i heard, there are possible sponsorships but there are concerns too.....timing, weather, availability of top notch players, etc. one must learn from the thai, spend less but make it grand.....first thing to do is wine and dine the media.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
18underPar
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
18underPar

PostSubject: Re: what happened to The Singapore Open   what happened to The Singapore Open I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 4:58 am

Seems like the same thing is happening with the UBS Hong Kong Open for 2013.  Supposedly it will not be on the Race to Dubai track anymore and will be added to the beginning of the 2014 schedule.

Sucks to hear that the same thing may be happening with the Singapore Open.

http://www.eighteenunderpar.com/future-of-hong-kong-golf-club-in-jeopardy/

Back to top Go down
http://www.EighteenUnderPar.com
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: what happened to The Singapore Open   what happened to The Singapore Open I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 10:18 am

DGman wrote:
if one looks at the weather during the last few years, its a bad time to have a $6 million tournament....so shifting the dates makes a lot of sense. 

from what i heard, there are possible sponsorships but there are concerns too.....timing, weather, availability of top notch players, etc. one must learn from the thai, spend less but make it grand.....first thing to do is wine and dine the media.

DGman

Totally agree..

We all know end of year is bad weather..

End of day, sponsors want publicity.... IF organizers can give them lotsa that we'll have an easier time getting sponsors...
Back to top Go down
haertmage
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: what happened to The Singapore Open   what happened to The Singapore Open I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 8:11 pm

pretty sure it's gonna happen beginning of 2014
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what happened to The Singapore Open   what happened to The Singapore Open I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what happened to The Singapore Open
Page 1 of 1