Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Start of BPL

Go down 
+8
CKT61
pocketace
Underdog
blackpool_04
nomic76
de_moschino
aze06
asahi
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

Start of BPL Empty
PostSubject: Start of BPL   Start of BPL I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 8:42 pm

Finally! 

Something to distract me from my awful golf....

....an interesting season beckons, I reckon.

Especially with 'The Special One' back.
Back to top Go down
aze06
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Start of BPL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Start of BPL   Start of BPL I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 9:45 pm

Liverpool 1 Stoke 0

1st game of a very interesting BPL season....
Back to top Go down
de_moschino
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Start of BPL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Start of BPL   Start of BPL I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 10:40 pm

Chelsea look outstanding this season, but I would like to see how MC perform.
Back to top Go down
nomic76
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Start of BPL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Start of BPL   Start of BPL I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 12:01 am

incredible that Arsenal lost!
Back to top Go down
de_moschino
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Start of BPL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Start of BPL   Start of BPL I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 12:04 am

nomic76 wrote:
no worry...they still have 70m in bank to earn interest Laughing
Back to top Go down
nomic76
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Start of BPL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Start of BPL   Start of BPL I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 12:11 am

de_moschino wrote:
nomic76 wrote:
lol...Got money but unable to spend as no takers for the money!

How miserable can that be?
Back to top Go down
de_moschino
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Start of BPL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Start of BPL   Start of BPL I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 12:25 am

with 3 injuries after this week, they left 11 first team players.

new tactic is 2-7-1 lol!
Back to top Go down
blackpool_04
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Start of BPL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Start of BPL   Start of BPL I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 2:55 am

ramsey as centreback... how reassuring...
Back to top Go down
de_moschino
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Start of BPL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Start of BPL   Start of BPL I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 11:42 am

check out how Sagna get injured, that is scary
Back to top Go down
Underdog
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Start of BPL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Start of BPL   Start of BPL I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 3:24 pm

Coz' historically, when it comes to transfer market, Arsene is a "lowballer"...Laughing and quite a cheeky individual, e.g £40million+£1 for Suarez? (Just bcoz Suarez contract release clause must be "over" £40mil, then there came the idea of £1?). I'm not a Liverpool fan but that £1 is a sign of disrespect to Brenden Rodger. If he were to tabled a straight £41mil, I guess Liverpool's reaction would have been different, never-mind if the deal goes thru or not.

nomic76 wrote:
de_moschino wrote:
nomic76 wrote:

Back to top Go down
blackpool_04
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Start of BPL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Start of BPL   Start of BPL I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 3:58 pm

de_moschino wrote:
check out how Sagna get injured, that is scary
yeah man, damn jialat...
Back to top Go down
blackpool_04
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Start of BPL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Start of BPL   Start of BPL I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 4:00 pm

Underdog wrote:
Coz' historically, when it comes to transfer market, Arsene is a "lowballer"...Laughing and quite a cheeky individual, e.g £40million+£1 for Suarez? (Just bcoz Suarez contract release clause must be "over" £40mil, then there came the idea of £1?). I'm not a Liverpool fan but that £1 is a sign of disrespect to Brenden Rodger. If he were to tabled a straight £41mil, I guess Liverpool's reaction would have been different, never-mind if the deal goes thru or not.

nomic76 wrote:
de_moschino wrote:
nomic76 wrote:

penny wise, pound foolish. sigh...
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

Start of BPL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Start of BPL   Start of BPL I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 4:25 pm

blackpool_04 wrote:
Underdog wrote:

nomic76 wrote:
de_moschino wrote:
nomic76 wrote:

penny wise, pound foolish. sigh...
I'm a LFC fan and I derived great pleasure last night from seeing Arsenal lose 1-3 to Aston Villa
The manner in which Arsene deal in the Suarez bid is shambolic
£40m and £1? That is such a CHEAP shot

I dunno why he is so 'ngeow' in the transfer market after pocketing windfalls from the sale of the likes of Fabregas, Song, and Adebayor, etc. 

I'm sorry Arsenal fans, your club deserves better. Arsene Wenger has outlive his welcome for the Gunners. You guys deserve a manager who is ready to play with the big boys and win something befitting of a club like Arsenal 

I recall fondly in the past the Gunners play with such flair and had superb players like Dennis Berkamp, E Petite, F Ljunberg, Robert Pires, Anelka etc etc... He buys them cheap and sells them high. There comes a point many clubs keep their young promising players. Arsene cannot pull that trick anymore. 

Just look at your arsenal squad now. It is a pale shadow of its recent glorious past. IMHO, Suarez to Arsenal is a win-win outcome as long as there is £50m on the table. But the damage of the £40m and £1 bid is irreparable. Just put yourself in Brendan Rodgers' shoes now, who can he buy to replace Suarez at this late stage? 

I have nothing against Arsenal FC. It's Arsene Wenger that I cannot tahan!
Back to top Go down
CKT61
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Start of BPL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Start of BPL   Start of BPL I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 4:33 pm

Well said! I used to enjoy watching Arsenal play during that era... But not anymore now..  After they sold Fabregas, that's the last straw...
Back to top Go down
blackpool_04
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Start of BPL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Start of BPL   Start of BPL I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 4:43 pm

pocketace wrote:
I'm a LFC fan and I derived great pleasure last night from seeing Arsenal lose 1-3 to Aston Villa
The manner in which Arsene deal in the Suarez bid is shambolic
£40m and £1? That is such a CHEAP shot

I dunno why he is so 'ngeow' in the transfer market after pocketing windfalls from the sale of the likes of Fabregas, Song, and Adebayor, etc. 

I'm sorry Arsenal fans, your club deserves better. Arsene Wenger has outlive his welcome for the Gunners. You guys deserve a manager who is ready to play with the big boys and win something befitting of a club like Arsenal 

I recall fondly in the past the Gunners play with such flair and had superb players like Dennis Berkamp, E Petite, F Ljunberg, Robert Pires, Anelka etc etc... He buys them cheap and sells them high. There comes a point many clubs keep their young promising players. Arsene cannot pull that trick anymore. 

Just look at your arsenal squad now. It is a pale shadow of its recent glorious past. IMHO, Suarez to Arsenal is a win-win outcome as long as there is £50m on the table. But the damage of the £40m and £1 bid is irreparable. Just put yourself in Brendan Rodgers' shoes now, who can he buy to replace Suarez at this late stage? 

I have nothing against Arsenal FC. It's Arsene Wenger that I cannot tahan!
well said. arsenal fan here. supporting arsenal has become quite disheartening over the last few seasons. however, i'm not sure i really want wenger to go. 

first, i'm not sure how many better alternatives (in terms of managers) are out there and would wanna come to arsenal. possibly laudrup or klopp, but even they would probably want to join a bigger / more successful club (particularly for klopp). 

second, wenger has done so much for arsenal in the past, that it just wouldn't seem right for him to exit in such circumstances. i would very much prefer it if he left on a high, but maybe this is just me. 

all in, i just wish that wenger would change, adapt and be more flexible...

anyway, good result for pool last night. the mignolet double save was quite impressive! although i have no idea what agger was thinking/doing. he looked like he was trying some weird dancing yoga stretch mid-air!
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

Start of BPL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Start of BPL   Start of BPL I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 5:09 pm

Just move Arsene upstairs and take on a management / ambassador role lor

Any ex players cutting their teeth as a manager? You never know, just look at what Guardiola did with Barca

Actually it's a chicken and egg thing. If new managers are promised funds and a long term view, it may work out for both parties. But if Arsenal refuse to buy, then which manager wanna come?
Back to top Go down
blackpool_04
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Start of BPL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Start of BPL   Start of BPL I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 5:15 pm

true that! maybe bergkamp, although his fear of flying would be a problem. heh... 

ah well, i'm just glad bpl is back. i know it's damn stupid, but i felt damn comforted (as if i was surrounded by old friends) when i was looking at this weekend's schedule of games. hahaha!
Back to top Go down
Seiko
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Seiko

Start of BPL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Start of BPL   Start of BPL I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 5:20 pm

anyone got BPL online streaming website? kindly pm me. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

Start of BPL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Start of BPL   Start of BPL I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 5:36 pm

Agreed! Even though I dun watch the matches religiously every week, it still feels good to have these matches back.
Back to top Go down
blackpool_04
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Start of BPL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Start of BPL   Start of BPL I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 5:42 pm

fer sure, although i doubt my fiancee is as happy as i am...   (=
Back to top Go down
Underdog
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Start of BPL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Start of BPL   Start of BPL I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 9:18 pm

If I recall correctly, every year Arsenal board would make bold claims during transfer window that money is there to be spent in order to strengthen the team and challenge for title. But every year the end result is the same, that Arsene refuses to spend in big name players, and simply believing in developing/molding his young team  becoming a world-beater. But sadly, it only resulted in Arsenal becoming a "selling team" at the end.

And IMHO, moving Arsene Wenger up to the board may potentially only worsen the present situation, which is already bad enough. I nonetheless still hope they have a good season.

pocketace wrote:

Any ex players cutting their teeth as a manager? You never know, just look at what Guardiola did with Barca

Actually it's a chicken and egg thing. If new managers are promised funds and a long term view, it may work out for both parties. But if Arsenal refuse to buy, then which manager wanna come?
Back to top Go down
de_moschino
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Start of BPL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Start of BPL   Start of BPL I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 10:14 pm

Underdog wrote:
If I recall correctly, every year Arsenal board would make bold claims during transfer window that money is there to be spent in order to strengthen the team and challenge for title. But every year the end result is the same, that Arsene refuses to spend in big name players, and simply believing in developing/molding his young team  becoming a world-beater. But sadly, it only resulted in Arsenal becoming a "selling team" at the end.

And IMHO, moving Arsene Wenger up to the board may potentially only worsen the present situation, which is already bad enough. I nonetheless still hope they have a good season.

pocketace wrote:

If they stay in relegation zone until next transfer windows, they might have "major transfer" like few seasons ago, which they brought in Arteata.
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

Start of BPL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Start of BPL   Start of BPL I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 11:15 am

An insightful article on the Gunners, I mean, on Wenger the Scrooge 

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=arsenal&id=2072
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

Start of BPL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Start of BPL   Start of BPL I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 11:29 am

pocketace wrote:
An insightful article on the Gunners, I mean, on Wenger the Scrooge 

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=arsenal&id=2072
Totally agree....

In the first place.. I'm puzzled with the prolonged battle for Suarez... He, as good a player he is, has a long track record as a trouble maker.. With Pool relentlessly holding out the release... It's doing Arsenal more harm than good.. 

But again, Mr Wenger has an equally long record of not spending, making the team truly the Arse.
Back to top Go down
blackpool_04
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Start of BPL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Start of BPL   Start of BPL I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 12:53 pm

agreed. think many arsenal fans would have preferred to get higuain instead. might not be as good as suarez, but still an improvement on the current team and without any baggage...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Start of BPL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Start of BPL   Start of BPL I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Start of BPL
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next