Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reliable and Hardy Stand Bags - Lightweight Preferred

Go down 
+18
jtek
FVTPL
kamen
kraken
Denmeister
flashpacker
imrog
KCL
jocheang
devil_wq
s-killer
coe16arg
Technospaz
BabyCroc
Khorkar
slinger
eiji
Derek
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
s-killer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
s-killer

Reliable and Hardy Stand Bags - Lightweight Preferred - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reliable and Hardy Stand Bags - Lightweight Preferred   Reliable and Hardy Stand Bags - Lightweight Preferred - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 7:55 am

Derek wrote:
Thanks for all the recommendations guys!  For those using OGIO, does it stand nicely without extending the legs?
Yes, they stand very firmly upright without extending the legs
Back to top Go down
albus dumbledore
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
albus dumbledore

PostSubject: Re: Reliable and Hardy Stand Bags - Lightweight Preferred   Reliable and Hardy Stand Bags - Lightweight Preferred - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 1:30 pm

s-killer wrote:
Derek wrote:
Thanks for all the recommendations guys!  For those using OGIO, does it stand nicely without extending the legs?
Yes, they stand very firmly upright without extending the legs
using a Ogio now, but its a old bag...

any other recommedations?
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: Reliable and Hardy Stand Bags - Lightweight Preferred   Reliable and Hardy Stand Bags - Lightweight Preferred - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 2:31 pm

@Derek,

My experience with Ogio hasn't been great. In fact, it was disappointing. I bought one a few years from Golf House and it was quite a top of the line standbag. When I stuffed the bag with clubs and accessories, the legs gave way when I put it on tiled floors. The legs started to slip slowly and performed a Yi Zhi Ma like a ballet dancer. I brought it back to Golf House and got a new replacement which didn't last too long. 

As for whether the bag will stand nicely, I can't remember but I think it was a bit lop sided mainly due to the uneven weight distribution. Can't recall what happened to the bag but eventually i got rid of it.
Back to top Go down
poresia
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
poresia

PostSubject: Re: Reliable and Hardy Stand Bags - Lightweight Preferred   Reliable and Hardy Stand Bags - Lightweight Preferred - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 2:40 pm

I don't think most stand bag will stand on its own as it is too small to be able to balance  by itself although I used to have a hybrid bag (cart bag with legs) and it can stand on its own as well and one can choose to use it as stand bag as well.
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: Reliable and Hardy Stand Bags - Lightweight Preferred   Reliable and Hardy Stand Bags - Lightweight Preferred - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 4:21 pm

Derek, why not consider a 9" cart bag? There are light weight ones and the size isn't too big.
Back to top Go down
albus dumbledore
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
albus dumbledore

PostSubject: Re: Reliable and Hardy Stand Bags - Lightweight Preferred   Reliable and Hardy Stand Bags - Lightweight Preferred - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 4:29 pm

poresia wrote:
I don't think most stand bag will stand on its own as it is too small to be able to balance  by itself although I used to have a hybrid bag (cart bag with legs) and it can stand on its own as well and one can choose to use it as stand bag as well.
i agree with u, however, there isnt a wide range of selection for hybirds bag in the market for us to chose..
Back to top Go down
sunnydaze
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Reliable and Hardy Stand Bags - Lightweight Preferred   Reliable and Hardy Stand Bags - Lightweight Preferred - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 6:19 pm

nutty88 wrote:
@Derek,

My experience with Ogio hasn't been great. In fact, it was disappointing. I bought one a few years from Golf House and it was quite a top of the line standbag. When I stuffed the bag with clubs and accessories, the legs gave way when I put it on tiled floors. The legs started to slip slowly and performed a Yi Zhi Ma like a ballet dancer. I brought it back to Golf House and got a new replacement which didn't last too long. 

As for whether the bag will stand nicely, I can't remember but I think it was a bit lop sided mainly due to the uneven weight distribution. Can't recall what happened to the bag but eventually i got rid of it.
Ya, Yi zhi ma No in less than a year! After one time yzm, the bag will do it whenever there is opportunity to do so.....ke ke ke.  Same here, I am using a Ogio Vapour. But I like the way Ogio organise the divider thot.

I have since put a limiter, now yzm no more!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reliable and Hardy Stand Bags - Lightweight Preferred   Reliable and Hardy Stand Bags - Lightweight Preferred - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reliable and Hardy Stand Bags - Lightweight Preferred
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2