Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pictorial Update of Fishy Hardware (pics intensive)

Go down 
+9
nrafee
GolfMania
pushslice
mengteck71
eqtrend
InTheHole!
Technospaz
TLP
DGman
13 posters
AuthorMessage
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

Pictorial Update of Fishy Hardware (pics intensive) Empty
PostSubject: Pictorial Update of Fishy Hardware (pics intensive)   Pictorial Update of Fishy Hardware (pics intensive) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 11:43 am

Hi GRians and BFG users,

its been a while since we gave you any update of the Fishy hardware. Contrary to general belief, we have full stock of both irons and wedges for the first time in a long while.

The following i hope will give those who have not seen or experience the Fishy hardware, a better idea of what this "designed-in-Singapore" represents in terms of designed to production represents.

Both the CB 003 (and J) and the wedge starts life on a computer using  Solidworks. With this versatile program, we are about to calculate balance, sweet spot, weight, mass, perimeter weighting and down to minute details such as depth of hosel, hosel to face weight ratio, effects of top line and many other considerations that can be resolved in a matter of minutes. 

Our prototyping process and a very precise performance expectation can be summarised in a short time frame. Hence from prototyping to production we can be assured of very tight quality control and to the exact specifications required. However this method of production will not be suitable for the bigger brands as it takes up to much milling time and the cost ratio for machining to material will make it too expensive to produce.

The BFG range may not be cheap compared to some of the bigger brands but i assure you that our cost of production is easily double or even triple compared to the brands who are manufacturing at a higher volume.

so without much ado, here are the finished articles.....

taking into account, offset, weight and cavity relief, the sweet spot is not constant in terms of ground to club face ratio. however i am not at liberty to disclose but i am sure you can figure it out...

Pictorial Update of Fishy Hardware (pics intensive) 9456473060_3a8bfb7806_z

The irons are milled from 1020 blanks and the forging process of the blanks using a 12-ton hydraulic press ensures that desired grain-flow and compactness are achieved. Blanks are individually weighted and sonic-tested for QC to ensure there are no air pockets or defects.

Pictorial Update of Fishy Hardware (pics intensive) 9456352504_d52edab144_z

with 1020 steel, its naturally to see surface corrosion, however the heads are bead blast before finishing which ensures sealing.

Pictorial Update of Fishy Hardware (pics intensive) 9453571333_415988f189_z

shown here from different perspective.......

Pictorial Update of Fishy Hardware (pics intensive) 9453571541_a40044a7be_z

my personal favourite of how cad-cam and precise manufacturing process will ensure that each iron is produced to the exact standard and specification that was mapped out...

Perfect balance....3 iron to PW

Pictorial Update of Fishy Hardware (pics intensive) 9456352326_67167c9bcf_z

heres how the set look like.......

Pictorial Update of Fishy Hardware (pics intensive) 9456352348_49d1b18200_z

shown at the front, the #7...

Pictorial Update of Fishy Hardware (pics intensive) 9456352356_092a8e5051_z

so lets move on to the wedges.....

from the beginning, we only wanted to make a wedge light enough so that ladies and juniors can use them, of course we got carried away after testing its performance and the market grew bigger.

Life starts from the 1020 blank, the same way as the CB 003...

Pictorial Update of Fishy Hardware (pics intensive) 9453953791_bdc28b544e_z

the finished article...2 rings for light and 3 rings for regular.....note the hosel..

Pictorial Update of Fishy Hardware (pics intensive) 9453953707_edbea385d3_z

another look at different perspective......

Pictorial Update of Fishy Hardware (pics intensive) 9456734784_ac9550c21a_z

the weight relief is to create a bias as well as to make the wedges distinctive....form and function....

Pictorial Update of Fishy Hardware (pics intensive) 9453953719_832bc88408_z

the devil is in the details. the milling on the weight port was left there and it was my thai partner Kunnasak who requested for that.....

Pictorial Update of Fishy Hardware (pics intensive) 9456734664_95539448ab_z

do date we have installed a little more than 300 sets (CB irons) in Singapore. Wedges definitely moving in the right direction. the biggest market outside Singapore is still South Korea under the able stewardship of Daniel Anh but Jack Loi in Malaysia is moving up very quickly. Vietnam have also started to impress us with a lot of installation and we cannot ship the fishy sticks fast enough to Hanoi sometimes.

so i hope you have found this journey interesting and especially for the BFG supporters and users, i would like to thank you for making this journey possible.

Your continuos support have really given us the needed the encouragement and the courage to dream the impossible...

Happy National Day and have a great weekend for everyone.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
TLP
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Pictorial Update of Fishy Hardware (pics intensive)   Pictorial Update of Fishy Hardware (pics intensive) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 11:46 am

Nice Pictures....

Too bad my skills is not good enough to play them.....Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Pictorial Update of Fishy Hardware (pics intensive)   Pictorial Update of Fishy Hardware (pics intensive) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 12:10 pm

Great photos, DGman. The CBs have come a long way since they were launched. Congrats to you and your team.

TLP, have you tried them? They're quite easy to hit and appeal to almost all skill levels.
Back to top Go down
InTheHole!
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Pictorial Update of Fishy Hardware (pics intensive)   Pictorial Update of Fishy Hardware (pics intensive) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 12:18 pm

Nice read indeed DGman. Thanks
Back to top Go down
eqtrend
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Pictorial Update of Fishy Hardware (pics intensive)   Pictorial Update of Fishy Hardware (pics intensive) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 12:24 pm

Since i am lefty, never had chance to try out, but these irons one of best looking, and hearing great review as well.  

Hopefully demand for fish club continue to grow and eventually they will offer lefty version in near future.  Keep up the great work
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: Pictorial Update of Fishy Hardware (pics intensive)   Pictorial Update of Fishy Hardware (pics intensive) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 12:48 pm

maybe should fit a 2nd set with different shaft Smile KBS Tour maybe?
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Pictorial Update of Fishy Hardware (pics intensive)   Pictorial Update of Fishy Hardware (pics intensive) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 3:12 pm

2nd set we have a name inscription like 明德 七 喜
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Pictorial Update of Fishy Hardware (pics intensive)   Pictorial Update of Fishy Hardware (pics intensive) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 3:14 pm

So my gurame set can be considered as 1 of 300 ah (and counting) Laughing  macam those 1 of 500 putters hehehe
Back to top Go down
GolfMania
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
GolfMania

PostSubject: Re: Pictorial Update of Fishy Hardware (pics intensive)   Pictorial Update of Fishy Hardware (pics intensive) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 3:49 pm

Any National Day promotion? =)
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Pictorial Update of Fishy Hardware (pics intensive)   Pictorial Update of Fishy Hardware (pics intensive) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 9:54 pm

will definitely plan for a 49th National Day promotion.........Smile
Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

PostSubject: Re: Pictorial Update of Fishy Hardware (pics intensive)   Pictorial Update of Fishy Hardware (pics intensive) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 10:02 pm

DGman wrote:
will definitely plan for a 49th National Day promotion.........Smile

Great, only another 367 days to go! Smile
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: Pictorial Update of Fishy Hardware (pics intensive)   Pictorial Update of Fishy Hardware (pics intensive) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 10:19 pm

DGman wrote:
2nd set we have a name inscription like 明德 七 喜

+1000
Back to top Go down
astroboy888
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Pictorial Update of Fishy Hardware (pics intensive)   Pictorial Update of Fishy Hardware (pics intensive) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 5:48 am

Eric, would you recommend me waiting till the end of the year to buy a complete set including wedges or can you do set for me and I'll get it brought over to NZ?

Currently I'm still using my old set which is TM Rac TP irons with NSPro stiff shafts (Japan). My wedges are the TP black 56 and 60(Rac i think) with the black finishing. Shafts on the wedges are wedge stiffness. 

Thank you Eric for your amazing friendship and professionalism.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Pictorial Update of Fishy Hardware (pics intensive)   Pictorial Update of Fishy Hardware (pics intensive) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 9:15 am

Always a pleasure Jonathan.....when you first came to BFG, we were about 3 months old.

if i know you were looking to change, i would have sneak 2 demos - one in a new C-taper 95 and one in the pussy Steel Fiber with the ZEN putter that Lynn was bringing for you. 

let me know when the next VIP courier is going to the Shorthitter's homeland.

DGman
Back to top Go down
KCL
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
KCL

PostSubject: Re: Pictorial Update of Fishy Hardware (pics intensive)   Pictorial Update of Fishy Hardware (pics intensive) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 1:01 pm

Very tempting, very poisonous. Will try them one day. Maybe not. Argh.
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: Pictorial Update of Fishy Hardware (pics intensive)   Pictorial Update of Fishy Hardware (pics intensive) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 4:17 pm

c-Taper 95 R flex?
Back to top Go down
astroboy888
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Pictorial Update of Fishy Hardware (pics intensive)   Pictorial Update of Fishy Hardware (pics intensive) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 7:12 pm

Hi Eric, I have sent you a PM.
Back to top Go down
tjy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Pictorial Update of Fishy Hardware (pics intensive)   Pictorial Update of Fishy Hardware (pics intensive) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 12:55 am

Really looks good ! But this irons are suitable for players on what range? low-mid handicap ? I'm no pro, just a beginner trying to learn, would it be suitable?
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Pictorial Update of Fishy Hardware (pics intensive)   Pictorial Update of Fishy Hardware (pics intensive) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 1:36 am

tjy wrote:
Really looks good ! But this irons are suitable for players on what range? low-mid handicap ? I'm no pro, just a beginner trying to learn, would it be suitable?
 I suggest u pay a visit at BFG at Bukit Merah to have a personal discussion with Eric ... It would cost u nothing ... Am sure he has something for all types of golfers ... From Professional to Amateurs and of course ... Social golfers ... Cool
Back to top Go down
astroboy888
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Pictorial Update of Fishy Hardware (pics intensive)   Pictorial Update of Fishy Hardware (pics intensive) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 9:21 pm

My set of Fishy sticks and wedges arrived safely on Friday at midnight Auckland time, thanks to Eric's personal delivery. Thank you!

Rushed to open the box that they came in and was greeted by some nice looking irons and wedges. Initially I was a little apprehensive when I saw that the soles of the irons were broader then what I envisioned ( I'm used to my narrow blades of my old TM Rac TP irons). I told myself to give the irons a chance and be open minded.

Saturday morning, I managed to sneak 30 mins at the range to give my new set a feel. I have to say that they are definitely easier to hit compared to my old clubs and more forgiving. I was getting some nice distance without trying too hard.

Saturday afternoon on a wet, bleak blistery winters day, my son Luke and I headed out for 9 holes. Believe me it was his idea. He's now golf crazy!!! I could not get enjoy the game as the rain just kept getting heavier so we gave up after 3 holes and headed home for some hot chocolate for him and a nice warm sake for me.Laughing Laughing Laughing 

Today (Sunday) we played 18 holes and the weather was just lovely. Sunny and a comfortable 16 degrees. So nice to walk through 18 holes and not perspire at all.

Anyway, back to my new irons and wedges. 1st nine I was all over the place and ended up in almost every bunker.Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed  Told myself to relax and just enjoy the day.

2nd nine and everything started to fit together. I realized the problem I was having initially. I was easily 1 to 1.5 clubs over for my ranging. Every time I ranged (using my Bushnell rangefinder) I ended up hitting the ball way over the target. So now on the 2nd nine,  just switched clubs, instead of pulling out a 6 iron like I would with my Rac's I'd use a 7 iron or 8 depending on the slope.

I shot a very good round for my 2nd nine and am very pleased.

I've still got a long way to break in these new clubs, but am looking forward to it. 

Thank you Eric for the wonderful service provided and for a great set up. 

PS. As a testament of how effective the ZEN putting aid is, my son's coach wanted one the moment he tried it.... He's the head of a the junior development program at our club and a very well respected PGA teaching Pro. Looks Like I'll be ordering more putting aids soon.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Pictorial Update of Fishy Hardware (pics intensive)   Pictorial Update of Fishy Hardware (pics intensive) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 9:27 pm

well as you have discovered yourself, the ns pro that you were using was way too light. it will get better in terms of dispersion and without trying too hard, you will gain a club length or two along the say.

i have a lot of fun putting it together and i am sure you will have lots of fun with it.

thank you for the update and maybe i should have built a demo iron for Luke too....sharks how can i forget that....
Back to top Go down
astroboy888
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Pictorial Update of Fishy Hardware (pics intensive)   Pictorial Update of Fishy Hardware (pics intensive) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 9:42 pm

You can still build a demo for Luke as I have a good friend coming over here on the 8th of Sept. I'm just wondering if the irons will be too heavy for him. He's only about 137cm tall. He currently using a Callaway junior set that had to be shortened.

I have promised him a new set at the end of the year if his studies are good and his interest in golf does not dip. Right now he has a coach for his long game twice a week and another coach for his short game once a week. He is practicing almost 5 - 6 days a week and also playing as much as he can. Fortunately the course is 5 mins from his school and 10 mins from our home, so he can get an hour's practice followed by 3 to 4 holes depending on sunlight as it's still winter. In summer when the sun sets at 8pm he should get more practice time in.

Fitting him with a new set is one of the reasons we are going to visit you when we're back in SPore.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Pictorial Update of Fishy Hardware (pics intensive)   Pictorial Update of Fishy Hardware (pics intensive) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 9:47 pm

we have a J series and some very nice light shafts in graphite and steel...i need some stats like height, floor to wrist measurements, how far he hits his 7 iron, favourite colours, etc....

i will build you a 7 iron and a PW as an gift for Luke to practice with...

DGman
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pictorial Update of Fishy Hardware (pics intensive)   Pictorial Update of Fishy Hardware (pics intensive) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pictorial Update of Fishy Hardware (pics intensive)
Page 1 of 1