Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive)

Go down 
+14
ghoonk
pushslice
botak
golf_nut
DGman
frosTEE
jurongtiger
Khorkar
nientsu
golf_snowman
mUAr_cHEe
eiji
Technospaz
S70B
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) Empty
PostSubject: PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive)   PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 4:40 pm

Ok folks

Lets get the forum back on track with golf related stuff.

Am here in Orlando now for the PGA Merchandise Show 2010. For those who do not know what it is, you can imagine Sitex X 5 in terms of scale level but all golf related products and releases.

This is only 1 of the halls.
PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) P32

Today was Demo day before the exhibition starts. It was held at the Orange County National Golf Center.

The range is circular with a diameter of about 400-450yds. The whole circumference of the range is filled with retailers for all different products.

PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) P1

PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) P2

Wandering along. I stumbled upon the practice green. Again, different brands surround the entire green:

PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) P3

PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) P4

This is the Nike Method putter upclose. It will be launched at the show tmr. MSRP in US is USD$249.

All the modesl were displayed but everyone was trying them so I grabbed the only model that interested me (is it obvious yet that I have a penchance for plumber's neck models?) :

PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) P5

PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) P6

PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) P7

PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) P12

Bettinardi putters were there too. No longer w Mizuno. Their new line looks pretty decent:

PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) P8

PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) P9

PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) P10

PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) P11

I soldiered on after rolling most of those putters. There was really too much to see here.

Walked up to the Nike bays and who should I see? Justin Leonard himself giving an interview. Will post the vid on his talk on v grooves over the wkn as the internet connection in my hotel room now simply CMI

PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) P13

Suzann Pettersen was there too.

PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) P14

PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) P15

All the balls you can hit.
PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) P16

This is Tom Stites giving an interview about the new Nike VR driver
PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) P17

True Temper. Good thing about them is that they have all those shafts u want to try in all sorts of different iron, hybrid and wood heads. No question, this was a hot bay

PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) P18

The Jap companies did make their presence felt. Hit most of the Fourteen clubs. Sweet:

PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) P19

PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) P20

PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) P21

Adams Golf bay was filled w ppl. These guys are becoming very big here.

Jamie Sadlowski was next to me when I took this pic but I din wanna get in his path and point a cam in his face out of nowhere.

PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) P22

Moving on.

A new name to behold in the shaft market. Sounds like a restaurant:

PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) P23

Wilson clubs. Just missed Paddy Harrington who left about 15min earlier. (I asked a rep if he was ard since Justin Leonard was here)

PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) P24

Good O' fav bay of mine. Hit those sweet 710 line again.

PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) P25

Tried the Cobra ZL in UST Mamiya Attas S7. One thing, that ball flys off like a rocket with that combo.
PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) P27

The chipping green surrounded by Vokey wedges of all different lofts, bounce and finish options. Note: ONLY PRO V1S (RETAIL MODEL) ARE USED HERE

PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) P26

There were some other non golf club retailers too:

PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) P29

PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) P30

For grip lovers, here's a closeup of the new Tour Wrap 2G. Available in Red White and Black.

PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) P28

This is the 1st of probably 3 or 4 parts. I will be updating the forum of new and interesting products to be expected for 2010. Stay tuned ppl.

Eric, wishing you were here to enjoy this.

PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) P31

Last edited by S70B on Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) Empty
PostSubject: Re: PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive)   PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 4:44 pm

AMAZING!! Thanks, S70B, for the awesome write-up and photos! Keep 'em coming!! Smile
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive)   PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 4:48 pm

you are amazing with your writeups!
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive)   PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 4:48 pm

died and gone to heaven man....

eh... so tempted to ask u buy so many things for me... but i am supposed to be on hiatus.
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive)   PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 4:50 pm

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
died and gone to heaven man....

eh... so tempted to ask u buy so many things for me... but i am supposed to be on hiatus.

Wrong Adjective there... ROFL

i smell weakness
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive)   PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 4:55 pm

Bro..

Miyazakigolfshaft...anything got to do with that Miyazaki..u know that japanese lady pro...

she is one of my fav golfer leh...keke

snowman[left]
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive)   PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 4:57 pm

Hello,

U mean Ai Miyazato is it? Laughing
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive)   PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 4:58 pm

eiji wrote:
i smell weakness

i will be strong.
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive)   PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 5:23 pm

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
eiji wrote:
i smell weakness

i will be strong.

You are feeling the force of the darkside..........
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive)   PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 5:28 pm

Wow... Rex, that some good FR. Please post more.

Wish we have something like this in SG. The crowd in Titleist, shows that it is the favorites right?
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive)   PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 5:32 pm

Was wondering wat the heck was everyone lookin at this guy.

Then it dawned on me.

Din stay to find out if it was broken though:

PS: My mental sums when filmin also CMI. Laughing

Note that the shots have to fall within the flag boundaries to count.
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive)   PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 6:07 pm

Any pics of hot show girls? Like how most trade shows wld have in the states????
Back to top Go down
frosTEE
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
frosTEE

PostSubject: Re: PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive)   PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 6:09 pm

Have always wanted to go for the Orlando Show to have a look~ thanks for the pics Rex
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive)   PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 7:19 pm

Rex....damn...stop reminding me....

nice photos and you must be having a lot of fun.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive)   PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 9:31 pm

Well, a quick 3hr sleep and I'm ready to head out as the doors open at 0900h.

There will be women hired to attract ppl to some of the booths definitely but I dun think they will be like Tokyo Auto Show race queen type.

DGman n frosTEE, Will post some of the show's pics tonite.
Back to top Go down
golf_nut
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
golf_nut

PostSubject: Re: PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive)   PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 10:10 pm

2 words to describe.

ORGASMIC. Period.

bounce

thanks for the fantastic write-up and pics! Kudos!!! Cheers Jump
Back to top Go down
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
botak

PostSubject: Re: PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive)   PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 11:20 pm

dem jealous!!! Sad
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive)   PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 11:36 pm

S70B wrote:
Hello,

U mean Ai Miyazato is it? Laughing

yep yep, that's her..

She related to this shaft brand ?
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive)   PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 2:40 am

Ai? I think i have her video
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive)   PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 10:43 am

THP has a great coverage of the event.

plug is here
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive)   PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 3:53 pm

S70B...did you see this exhibitor? For all the (rich) golf nuts out there

QUOTE from PGA.com. Day 1 Recap article.

Williams Sports Clubs: You want to really invest in your golf game? Then Williams Sports – which boasts one of the top Formula One racing teams – has got a set of clubs for you.

But they don't come cheap.

Using the same aerodynamics that enable cars to reach excess of 200-mph, Williams Sports has dipped into the golf market by unveiling three series of clubs. The top-of-the-line Black Diamond Series boasts a $50,000 price tag.

"We're not looking for high-skilled players. We're looking for high-income players," said Michael Lee of Williams Sports.

Lee said he's relying on the same engineers who build the Formula One cars to use their expertise to design clubs that are aerodynamically sound. To wit: They have a tiny lip at the top of the driver and two wings on the sole to produce less drag on the club, thus producing higher club speed.

"With our engineers," Lee said, "we can compete with any club company out there."

UNQUOTE
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive)   PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 2:44 pm

Ok ppl

Back home with decent internet speed.

Well, to put a long story short, the stupid in me came up as I loaded the demo day pics into my laptop and forgot to put the SD card back into the camera. It survived for a few shots before the 'memory full' was up. Din take long for me to figure out why 16G of space was used up so fast.

Anyway, many might have seen most fotos from all the other golf forums and websites. Here are a few from my backup sucky iphone.

Lots of simulators around.

PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) Golfsims

Indoor range of about 30yds...for those that did not go down to the Demo day.

PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) D1
PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) D2

Bobby Grace putters are back. Despite the cheap looks, these putters are getting some serious tour play,

PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) D7
PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) D4
PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) D6
PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) D3
PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) D5

Callaway and Titleist booths were side by side. They were HUGE

PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) D9

Even the skycaddie guy was intrigued about Callaway's weight distribution technology

PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) D8

Some of the new stuff that is seriously SICK!
PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) D10
PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) D11
PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) D12
PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) D13

Titleist is all about class:
PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) D19
PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) D15
PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) D16
PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) D17
PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) D14

Scratch Golf was there. Pity not having more equipment on show. Just mebbe 2 sets of irons and their wedges
PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) D21

Heavy Putter booth was surprisingly crowded. They have launched their new wedge line too
PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) D20

Iomic...quiet but found on most players putters. I dig those 2 tone ones.

PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) D28
PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) D27
PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) D29

Cleveland Drivers
PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) Cleveland

And some out-of-this-world stuff

Dog covers for stand bags
PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) D25

Foolsball golf style
PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) D26

Fineone shafts. Some jap product that apparently is detachable in every step to fine tune ur cpm frequency or watever. Sounds abit far fetch to me
PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) Fineone
PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) Fineone2
(That guy is Grant Balcke and he coaches out of the Swing Kings Academy at Keppel)

Headcovers. I dig the Macdonald's one.
PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) Headcovers

Last edited by S70B on Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive)   PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 2:58 pm

OMFG.

brb, i'm drooling all over myself
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive)   PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 3:01 pm

I did the Bridgestone Ball test challenge.

They start by asking me whats the std ball I use (in this case Pro V1X). Then they let me warm up by hitting a few drives.

Next, they put me thru their Launch Monitor with me hitting about 10 drives using the Pro V1X.

Afterwards, they look at my data and match me using the Bridgestone ball they deem to fit me best. In this case, the B-330S.

They printed out a data sheet after everything and with the Bridgstone, the data said I was avgly picking up 5yds more and about 200rpms less. They then gave me a sleeve of B-330S for me to go and try out for my next game. Dunno but I still am a Titleist man at heart.

PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) D18
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive)   PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 3:03 pm

How do you like the B330S? I was considering it but I am short on swing speed by a couple of MPH, so I'm sticking with my Pro V1 and Pro V1x for now until I can get more e6+ balls
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive)   PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando - Demo Day and Show proper(Pics Intensive)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next