Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Where to buy golf accessories in Bangkok?

Go down 
+19
mysticsea
LinLauPeh
qtd
Seven
loserjo
ur2slo
rleong
Technospaz
Birdman
Elixir
kyleyann
DGman
Khorkar
golfdiva
Seiko
fribriz
ughly
botak
pr1nc3ssdi
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
pr1nc3ssdi
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
pr1nc3ssdi

Where to buy golf accessories in Bangkok? Empty
PostSubject: Where to buy golf accessories in Bangkok?   Where to buy golf accessories in Bangkok? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 2:51 pm

Hi pple,

I am going to BKK next week and wonder if there is any place at all in BKK where I can get nice golf accessories (clothes, head cover,bags, markers etc etc) ?
Back to top Go down
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
botak

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy golf accessories in Bangkok?   Where to buy golf accessories in Bangkok? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 2:53 pm

Thaniya Plaza!!! Sala Daeng BTS station.
Back to top Go down
ughly
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
ughly

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy golf accessories in Bangkok?   Where to buy golf accessories in Bangkok? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 3:21 pm

This place is like a golf shopping centre! 8 out of 10 shops sells golf stuff. Heard so much about it and heard it's really cheap as well! Have yet to make a trip there myself tho. Haha.

Hope you enjoy urself there pr1nc3ssdi...

Ughly
Back to top Go down
pr1nc3ssdi
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
pr1nc3ssdi

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy golf accessories in Bangkok?   Where to buy golf accessories in Bangkok? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 3:27 pm

thanks all,

I will make a trip down.. =)
Back to top Go down
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
botak

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy golf accessories in Bangkok?   Where to buy golf accessories in Bangkok? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 3:31 pm

local brand golf clothing is cheap, but equipment is not.

anyhow, it's still a rockin' place to go window shopping. 2 hrs not enough. I'm planning to spend at least half a day just walking around to look-see-look-see tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
botak

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy golf accessories in Bangkok?   Where to buy golf accessories in Bangkok? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 3:33 pm

there's a golf section in Central Chit Lom departmental store (Chit Lom BTS station), and another one at The Emporium (Phrom Phong BTS Station)... but in my opinion, not as interesting as Thaniya Plaza.
Back to top Go down
fribriz
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
fribriz

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy golf accessories in Bangkok?   Where to buy golf accessories in Bangkok? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 11:07 am

Yes. Thaniya Plaza is the place. Local clothing really cheap. Last time bough a micro fibre sleeves - SGD6. Shd have bought more - lots of colours. Then head to MBK for custom belts and buckles
Back to top Go down
Seiko
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Seiko

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy golf accessories in Bangkok?   Where to buy golf accessories in Bangkok? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 11:21 am

pr1nc3ssdi wrote:
Hi pple,

I am going to BKK next week and wonder if there is any place at all in BKK where I can get nice golf accessories (clothes, head cover,bags, markers etc etc) ?

Wow!! gg to bangkok..u will receive my shopping list very soon!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
golfdiva
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
golfdiva

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy golf accessories in Bangkok?   Where to buy golf accessories in Bangkok? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 11:30 am

ooo.. I love this thread. I love you
Makes me wanna go to BKK for a shopping spree right away. santa
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy golf accessories in Bangkok?   Where to buy golf accessories in Bangkok? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 11:34 am

To be vain... go to MBK and buy all the shirts and belts... especially JL belts...
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy golf accessories in Bangkok?   Where to buy golf accessories in Bangkok? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 11:52 am

i have been to an army base where there is a huge warehouse of accessories and golf clubs....

the guy started out as an army sergeant and uses his base to sell all kinds of used clubs (from japan), clones, factory rejects, new stuff, real stuff, etc.

he is so successful that he now runs 2 warehouse within the army compound and has bought himself the rank of captain. my friend tells me he will be "promoted" to colonel soon, so that speaks for his business growth.

its near the old airport and the reason why its in an army base is because the police cannot get in....

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
kyleyann
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kyleyann

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy golf accessories in Bangkok?   Where to buy golf accessories in Bangkok? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 12:05 pm

Some of the golf shoes there at Thaniya Plaza are quite cheap.

And yes, the equipment are not so competetively priced compared to singapore.

But you can buy some unique items such as original Liverpool Driver covers and ball markers.
Back to top Go down
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
botak

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy golf accessories in Bangkok?   Where to buy golf accessories in Bangkok? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 12:55 pm

DGman wrote:
i have been to an army base where there is a huge warehouse of accessories and golf clubs....

the guy started out as an army sergeant and uses his base to sell all kinds of used clubs (from japan), clones, factory rejects, new stuff, real stuff, etc.

he is so successful that he now runs 2 warehouse within the army compound and has bought himself the rank of captain. my friend tells me he will be "promoted" to colonel soon, so that speaks for his business growth.

its near the old airport and the reason why its in an army base is because the police cannot get in....

DGman

Boss, got address? Open to general public? Thanks cheers
Back to top Go down
kyleyann
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kyleyann

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy golf accessories in Bangkok?   Where to buy golf accessories in Bangkok? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 1:02 pm

botak wrote:
DGman wrote:

DGman

Boss, got address? Open to general public? Thanks cheers

I'm keen too! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy golf accessories in Bangkok?   Where to buy golf accessories in Bangkok? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 1:10 pm

you need thais to bring you in cos its an army base...

i will try and get address for you from Kunnasak.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
botak

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy golf accessories in Bangkok?   Where to buy golf accessories in Bangkok? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 1:12 pm

DGman wrote:
you need thais to bring you in cos its an army base...

i will try and get address for you from Kunnasak.

DGman

Thanks, boss
Back to top Go down
Elixir
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy golf accessories in Bangkok?   Where to buy golf accessories in Bangkok? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 2:35 pm

Thaniya plaza. Check out the Adidas Tour 360 limited shoes there. Much cheaper than Sg and comes in many colours not available here.

There are many shops selling exotic stuffs there, like the Royal Collection. There is also a shop on 4th floor I think, selling JDM Japanese Golf bags like "Dance with Dragon". Not cheap but definitely very nice, oustanding and exotic!!! Alot of nice head covers can be found there.

There is a Mizuno shop on the top floor of Thaniya building too.
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy golf accessories in Bangkok?   Where to buy golf accessories in Bangkok? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 3:18 pm

Calling TS calling TS!!!

There is a dedicated Cleveland golf shop on the ground floor too. Woods, hybrids, irons, and wedges in all the lofts and bounce options, even the hard to find 46 degress.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy golf accessories in Bangkok?   Where to buy golf accessories in Bangkok? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 3:22 pm

Birdman wrote:
Calling TS calling TS!!!

There is a dedicated Cleveland golf shop on the ground floor too. Woods, hybrids, irons, and wedges in all the lofts and bounce options, even the hard to find 46 degress.

LOL!

Firstly, I have a CG12 46˚ wedge which I love.

Secondly, if I were to change irons, I'd jump to Mizunos.

Thirdly, I'll have to eBay my kidney if I want to buy more stuff.
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy golf accessories in Bangkok?   Where to buy golf accessories in Bangkok? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 3:48 pm

Thirdly, Me also Tang, but not in the market for one right now.

Secondly, U bluff, so many people egging you on, should have jumped by now.....
Eh eh, I meant "to mizzys", not the other kind of jump, that one "too messy"

Firstly, Me too! But mine CG10 46 degrees (can't find the little circle for degree on the mac).
Back to top Go down
rleong
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy golf accessories in Bangkok?   Where to buy golf accessories in Bangkok? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 10:43 am

Boss, Can pass me the address? Laughing
Back to top Go down
rleong
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy golf accessories in Bangkok?   Where to buy golf accessories in Bangkok? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 10:48 am

Very Happy where to buy grade A oakley & JL golf shirt ?
Any address in MBK or Thaniya plaza? Question
Back to top Go down
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
botak

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy golf accessories in Bangkok?   Where to buy golf accessories in Bangkok? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 2:24 am

rleong wrote:
Very Happy where to buy grade A oakley & JL golf shirt ?
Any address in MBK or Thaniya plaza? Question

I was also looking out for those items, but didn't see any in MBK or Thaniya. Even Chatuchat didn't have them, although there were nice export quality shorts at decent prices.
Back to top Go down
ur2slo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
ur2slo

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy golf accessories in Bangkok?   Where to buy golf accessories in Bangkok? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 12:43 pm

My contribution to Bangkok golf shopping; don't need to go out of the way. Shop at the shopping centers- the new shopping mall next to Siam Center but you must go to Paragon's huge sports department. Almost every brand is represented there and you have to look for those local made Thai stuff that will be cheap. I buy my MIZUNO gloves there and their accessories. You may find big discounts for Made in Thailand clothings too.

The other place will be Isetan at WTC. Again sports department usually have sales.

Enjoy the shopping.
Back to top Go down
loserjo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy golf accessories in Bangkok?   Where to buy golf accessories in Bangkok? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 4:56 pm

Now I know where to go when the lady go shopping in Bangkok... kind of have not been tthere for a while, should plan a trip there soon... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy golf accessories in Bangkok?   Where to buy golf accessories in Bangkok? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where to buy golf accessories in Bangkok?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next