Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Golf in Bangkok

Go down 
+43
judith
shawnt
navigatore
yaozza07
B89ties
maxfoo
wongwengkham
Maddy3398
Qing
myojomee
royaljohor
membina27a
Beneoo
dr_z8
jengyee
asahi
Turbo
beehome
Serialbus
nientsu
Vinny
flashpacker
Mep
golferx
Noriki
rodman91
kpratesa
slazenger
davechew8381
Victor3112
Gofnut
Ant
TLHENG
jac_mav
tableturner
schnell
Khorkar
ralphlim
kyleyann
enwee
artchang00
slinger
aling
47 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
aling
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Golf in Bangkok Empty
PostSubject: Golf in Bangkok   Golf in Bangkok I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 1:39 pm

Hi there everyone,

I want to ask about golfing in Bangkok, Thailand.
Does anyone have any recommendations?
I'm planning for a game or 2, and will be travelling with wife during the short trip.
Ideally not too far from city center so she can do shopping too.
Appreciate any comments.
Thanks in advance.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

Golf in Bangkok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Bangkok   Golf in Bangkok I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 1:40 pm

is your wife golfing??

there are dozens of golf courses in bbk... whats your budget?
Back to top Go down
aling
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Golf in Bangkok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Bangkok   Golf in Bangkok I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 2:13 pm

slinger wrote:
is your wife golfing??

there are dozens of golf courses in bbk... whats your budget?

yes, wife will be golfing.
budget akin to MBGC?
what do you recommend?
thanks slinger.
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

Golf in Bangkok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Bangkok   Golf in Bangkok I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 2:21 pm

u can book the tee times here...

http://www.hotels2thailand.com/bangkok-golf.asp

pls use the search function for bangkok.... there are lots of topics there

typically wkday golf is abt 2000-3000baht each with transportation
Back to top Go down
artchang00
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Golf in Bangkok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Bangkok   Golf in Bangkok I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 2:26 pm

I played at Muang Kaew which is about 30-40min from Sathorn. Very nice course that's very well kept.

We both paid about S$120 for a round, walking with our own caddies. We tipped them about Thb400 each after the game. Their English is no good but luckily I know a bit of Thai to get by- right, left, centre, fast, slow and yardage. Tok Nam (in the water), Tok Sai (in the bunker), hasip-hasip (50/50).

S$120 was cos we used our Orchid Country Club access. If not, it should be about $240 for 2.

Played at Lakewood and Summit Windmill (beautiful course) but they are both slightly more pricey. I believe I paid about $100-$120. Excluding tips. Walking.

If you are member of any club here, best to check their reciprocal or access relationships.

Enjoy. I love golfing in Thailand more than in Malaysia or Indonesia.
Back to top Go down
aling
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Golf in Bangkok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Bangkok   Golf in Bangkok I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 2:36 pm

artchang00 wrote:
I played at Muang Kaew which is about 30-40min from Sathorn. Very nice course that's very well kept.

We both paid about S$120 for a round, walking with our own caddies. We tipped them about Thb400 each after the game. Their English is no good but luckily I know a bit of Thai to get by- right, left, centre, fast, slow and yardage. Tok Nam (in the water), Tok Sai (in the bunker), hasip-hasip (50/50).

S$120 was cos we used our Orchid Country Club access. If not, it should be about $240 for 2.

Played at Lakewood and Summit Windmill (beautiful course) but they are both slightly more pricey. I believe I paid about $100-$120. Excluding tips. Walking.

If you are member of any club here, best to check their reciprocal or access relationships.

Enjoy. I love golfing in Thailand more than in Malaysia or Indonesia.

thank you for sharing your experiences chang...exactly what i was looking for. don't have a membership to begin with. do they require handicap?
Back to top Go down
artchang00
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Golf in Bangkok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Bangkok   Golf in Bangkok I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 3:13 pm

They never ask for HCP so it's OK. But remember to buy insurance, just in case.

Muang Kaew is behind IKEA and best to download the map from their site before you catch a cab.

There are many others not too far from the city center. Go to Google maps and you'll find quite a few in there.

Some of the guys here also suggested using some golf agents. A bit more pricey but they arrange for everything.

And also, even though these clubs look far from the city, taxis are NEVER an issue in most of these clubs. Just tell the reception to book for you and they can be quite efficient. Again, bring a map of your hotel, just in case. Make sure it's in Thai Smile

BTW- a side note, I was just there a couple weeks ago and bought a pair of Ecco Biom Hybrid. Paid about $200 vs here they are selling for about $330. So if you want to buy golf shoes (etc), you can get a decent price there. And it's not just in Thaniya (mall with lots of golf shops) but at most sports stores too.
Back to top Go down
aling
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Golf in Bangkok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Bangkok   Golf in Bangkok I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 4:51 pm

artchang00 wrote:
They never ask for HCP so it's OK. But remember to buy insurance, just in case.

Muang Kaew is behind IKEA and best to download the map from their site before you catch a cab.

There are many others not too far from the city center. Go to Google maps and you'll find quite a few in there.

Some of the guys here also suggested using some golf agents. A bit more pricey but they arrange for everything.

And also, even though these clubs look far from the city, taxis are NEVER an issue in most of these clubs. Just tell the reception to book for you and they can be quite efficient. Again, bring a map of your hotel, just in case. Make sure it's in Thai Smile

BTW- a side note, I was just there a couple weeks ago and bought a pair of Ecco Biom Hybrid. Paid about $200 vs here they are selling for about $330. So if you want to buy golf shoes (etc), you can get a decent price there. And it's not just in Thaniya (mall with lots of golf shops) but at most sports stores too.

Thank you chang.
Is brining your own clubs there an issue?
Troublesome to bring golf bag there?
Back to top Go down
artchang00
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Golf in Bangkok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Bangkok   Golf in Bangkok I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 5:03 pm

You can rent if you don't want to bring your own. But cos we played three rounds, it's cheaper and better to bring our own set. Bear in mind, some clubs have very old clubs for you.

You also better check with your airline. If budget, you'll need to buy baggage earlier.

I'd bring lots of old rags and towels to wrap the clubs. Of course, golf travel bag is recommended.

Muang Kaew doesn't have sell any used balls at the course so you need to bring enough or buy at the reception. I think it's 100thb for a few balls. Thaniya has a lot of shops selling used balls but I don't buy from there. I buy mine from the caddies at Royal Bangkok Sports Club at usually 1/2 the price of Thaniya but you'll need to be playing at RBSC to be able to buy Smile
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

Golf in Bangkok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Bangkok   Golf in Bangkok I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 6:13 pm

Muaeng Kaew and summit windmill should do. Near city and airport.
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

Golf in Bangkok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Bangkok   Golf in Bangkok I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 9:33 pm

if u go to the website i provided, u can book your tee times...

since its 2 balls, no problem there...

i would suggest early morning tee off becos of the traffic....

i prefer to bring my golf clubs than rental...

some clubs dun have rental sets....
Back to top Go down
kyleyann
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kyleyann

Golf in Bangkok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Bangkok   Golf in Bangkok I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 9:57 pm

enwee wrote:

Thanks for the info enwee. Do you know whether they allow buggy on fairway for these 2 courses?
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

Golf in Bangkok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Bangkok   Golf in Bangkok I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 11:31 pm

kyleyann wrote:
enwee wrote:

Thanks for the info enwee. Do you know whether they allow buggy on fairway for these 2 courses?
I think they do allowed buggy on fairway for most of the course or at least those that I played. Thailand courses, caddy is compulsory not buggy.
Back to top Go down
kyleyann
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kyleyann

Golf in Bangkok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Bangkok   Golf in Bangkok I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 11:34 pm

Thanks enwee!
Back to top Go down
ralphlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ralphlim

Golf in Bangkok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Bangkok   Golf in Bangkok I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 3:33 am

Hi

anyone played in Pattaya Crystal Bay golf course? any good?

http://www.golfthink.com/crystalbaygolfclub.htm

Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

Golf in Bangkok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Bangkok   Golf in Bangkok I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 8:05 am

If you are playing on weekdays, it is worth while for you to call the club and ask for which is day in the week is "sports day". There you will be able to play with much lower rates almost half. i.e. THB1-1.3k.

You can also try Royale at Lat Krabang. It is near the airport.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

Golf in Bangkok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Bangkok   Golf in Bangkok I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 3:12 pm

kyleyann wrote:
Thanks enwee!
Oh do check out some of the clubs website, sometimes they do promotion can be quite cheap.
Back to top Go down
schnell
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
schnell

Golf in Bangkok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Bangkok   Golf in Bangkok I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 5:08 pm

Definite must try is black mountain course in hua hin. Weekdays are cheaper..
Back to top Go down
kyleyann
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kyleyann

Golf in Bangkok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Bangkok   Golf in Bangkok I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 2:58 am

Khorkar wrote:
If you are playing on weekdays, it is worth while for you to call the club and ask for which is day in the week is "sports day". There you will be able to play with much lower rates almost half. i.e. THB1-1.3k.

Would it be difficult to get a cab at Royale at Lat Krabang back to city centre? My friends and I (about 8 golfers) are planning to play straight after touch down at Suvarnabhumi Airport, but are not sure whether we can get a cab back to city.
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

Golf in Bangkok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Bangkok   Golf in Bangkok I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 4:10 pm

kyleyann wrote:
Khorkar wrote:

Would it be difficult to get a cab at Royale at Lat Krabang back to city centre? My friends and I (about 8 golfers) are planning to play straight after touch down at Suvarnabhumi Airport, but are not sure whether we can get a cab back to city.

my suggestion: talk to the cab drivers that take u from airport to Royale.... i am pretty sure the cab drivers will come back for u guys at an appointed time
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

Golf in Bangkok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Bangkok   Golf in Bangkok I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 10:39 pm

For 8 golfers, I would rather you can book a van at about TB 3K per day. 8 golfers plus bags, thats a lot of stuff. So, take a large Van would better. Then you can plan and choose where you want to go.
Back to top Go down
artchang00
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Golf in Bangkok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Bangkok   Golf in Bangkok I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 12:05 pm

Bear in mind that taxis in BKK are mostly running on LPG so their boot space is very tight. If you have cart bag plus travel covers, it will be very tough and tight.

Like others suggest, better pre-arrange so that they can have the right transportation for you. This way, you play and enjoy more rather than worry more.

Maybe even join a golf tour company?
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

Golf in Bangkok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Bangkok   Golf in Bangkok I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 5:25 pm

Btw Green Valley doing promotion now for am golf. Only 1500 baht for golf + 300 baht for caddie. Good deal.
Back to top Go down
tableturner
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Golf in Bangkok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Bangkok   Golf in Bangkok I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 12:06 pm

Hi,

I highly recommend Riverdale. It's a fairly new course and grass is well maintained. wide fairways with challenging bunkers and water hazards. It takes around 30mins drive from sukhumvit area. Caddies are very knowledgeable too.

Golf in Bangkok C9uLsAY&IOxm3gV#0
Golf in Bangkok C9uLsAY&IOxm3gV#1
Back to top Go down
tableturner
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Golf in Bangkok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Bangkok   Golf in Bangkok I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 12:10 pm

View from tee box to island hole

Golf in Bangkok C9uLsAY

Golf in Bangkok IOxm3gV
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Golf in Bangkok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Bangkok   Golf in Bangkok I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Golf in Bangkok
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next