Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Golf Shops In Bangkok

Go down 
+5
TigaWood
morganoh
helmeahmad
maryet
marlin74
9 posters
AuthorMessage
marlin74
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Golf Shops In Bangkok Empty
PostSubject: Golf Shops In Bangkok   Golf Shops In Bangkok I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 10:48 pm

Anyone has any recommendations for golf shops in Bangkok . I just got in today and am hoping to go to some good ones this weekend. Anybody who has experience and willing to share some info would really be helpful. Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
maryet
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Shops In Bangkok   Golf Shops In Bangkok I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 11:05 pm

thaniya plaza is the place. lots of golf shops selling new and used equipment and assessories. quite easy to get to by taxi.
Back to top Go down
helmeahmad
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Shops In Bangkok   Golf Shops In Bangkok I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 11:15 pm

Bro Marlin, can share with us what good stuff u can find there?
Back to top Go down
morganoh
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Shops In Bangkok   Golf Shops In Bangkok I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 12:02 am

maryet wrote:
thaniya plaza is the place. lots of golf shops selling new and used equipment and assessories. quite easy to get to by taxi.

Any ideal if the Golf clubs are cheaper in Bangkok than Singapore?
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Golf Shops In Bangkok   Golf Shops In Bangkok I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 1:22 am

Clubs are generally more expensive than Singapore.
Taniya Plaza got very interesting range of golf brands, a must visit
If you go by BTS(MRT) stop at sala deng stations.
Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

PostSubject: Re: Golf Shops In Bangkok   Golf Shops In Bangkok I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 6:31 am

I think there are some good quality used golf clubs in Thailand.
There are shops there that sell's Honma & Fourteen golf clubs there.

My good friend was able to buy a cheaper Junior Golf club over there.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/pnchung
helmeahmad
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Shops In Bangkok   Golf Shops In Bangkok I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 7:01 am

Do u think they sell cheap second hand clubs?
Back to top Go down
marlin74
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Shops In Bangkok   Golf Shops In Bangkok I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 7:47 am

Thanks guys . I will go check it out and let you know what I find. Any idea if they sell golf apparel there or is there another location for that ?
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Golf Shops In Bangkok   Golf Shops In Bangkok I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 8:31 am

Yes, they sell golf apparels, one shop at the ground floor sells all the branded golf shirt tietilist, ping etc at cheap prices (factory outlet)

They have nice range and great brand of second hand golf club ...but not cheap. Since you are dealing with used club take a trip there, maybe you can export to them. I used to sell my club there which I bought from Singapore, I lose very little. On couple of occasion I made some money with the used club I bought in Singapore.

If you like Sushi buffet there is a good Sushi shop at level 3 or 4 only s$12 eat till you drop.
For shrimp wanton, outside the building they have solid 1 piece of big shrimp wanton cheap and nice. Try their street food is excellent.

That street is also famous for the nite entertainment for both orientation!

For golfers Taniya Plaza is a must go. 6 stories of golf shopping haven!
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Golf Shops In Bangkok   Golf Shops In Bangkok I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 9:29 am

After you are done walking and tired, you can walk opposite of Thaniya and visit Arima Osen for good massage. They offer good and very decent Thai massage. Highly recommended and no hanky panky stuff there.
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Golf Shops In Bangkok   Golf Shops In Bangkok I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 1:37 pm

Khorkar wrote:
After you are done walking and tired, you can walk opposite of Thaniya and visit Arima Osen for good massage. They offer good and very decent Thai massage. Highly recommended and no hanky panky stuff there.

how about those not so decent ones.......you know??

that street itself is filled with those massage places, how do u know which ones are the decent ones without walking in.... unless u have a tour guide Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Golf Shops In Bangkok   Golf Shops In Bangkok I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 3:35 pm

you will be surprised most of the Thai massage are decent ones.....
Back to top Go down
marlin74
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Shops In Bangkok   Golf Shops In Bangkok I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 8:47 am

Thanks guys ! went there yesterday. Great place. so many shops under one roof. Singapore needs a place like that. Even the selection is great. Fro example : Cobra S2 Forged irons, I went to a shop that had this set of irons in 3 shaft options i) project X ii) NS pro iii) dynamic gold and each of these in regular and stiff flex on display. In Singapore we would have to special order anything else except the standard option.

The only drawback is the price. Almost everything is more expensive than Singapore. I would have thought that having so many shops under one roof would make the prices competitive but all the shops maintain the price at the same levels.

I would advise any gold enthusiast to go to Thaniya to look around but beware the prices.

Gong Xi Fa Cai to everyone. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
helmeahmad
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Shops In Bangkok   Golf Shops In Bangkok I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 10:01 pm

Bro Marlin74, how abt clothings and accesories? Any good ones?
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Golf Shops In Bangkok   Golf Shops In Bangkok I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 11:16 pm

plenty of clothings and accesories
Back to top Go down
poresia
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
poresia

PostSubject: Re: Golf Shops In Bangkok   Golf Shops In Bangkok I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 8:10 am

golf is still an exclusive game in thailand so prices of equipment n accessories is expensive. agreed tat thaniya hv wide selection unlike s'pore.
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Golf Shops In Bangkok   Golf Shops In Bangkok I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 10:03 am

Altho prices on equipment, which are high. The green and caddy fees arent as high.
Back to top Go down
helmeahmad
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Shops In Bangkok   Golf Shops In Bangkok I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 10:33 am

Going there end of next month. Hope to find nice clothing and accessories. Want to find something that are cheap and good.
Back to top Go down
marlin74
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Shops In Bangkok   Golf Shops In Bangkok I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 9:05 am

Loads of stuff for golfers to buy. I guess if you don't mind paying Singapore prices or slightly more than its fine. I think the large selection sort of makes up for this as we don't really have that many large well stocked shops in one place here. Probably the closest is Far East Shopping Centre.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Golf Shops In Bangkok   Golf Shops In Bangkok I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Golf Shops In Bangkok
Page 1 of 1