Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Giga driver/fairway woods

Go down 
+7
kid22
IceShelterX
vinjess
hkhamateur
rabbit
Sean76
righthook
11 posters
AuthorMessage
righthook
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
righthook

Giga driver/fairway woods Empty
PostSubject: Giga driver/fairway woods   Giga driver/fairway woods I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 7:02 pm

Saw this on golfing.com sg magazine

Any bro tried it before?

Can this be consider jdm?

Giga driver/fairway woods 20130810
Back to top Go down
Sean76
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Sean76

PostSubject: Re: Giga driver/fairway woods   Giga driver/fairway woods I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 7:15 pm

Not sure whether is it the same model, tried friend's giga driver on green last month.

First impression - shaft is light and regular flex is whippy (maybe asian spec) but manage to hit straight on first try.
Back to top Go down
rabbit
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
rabbit

PostSubject: Re: Giga driver/fairway woods   Giga driver/fairway woods I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 7:17 pm

Yes the gold club head and shaft looks intimidating, like some limited edition AK47. It's a weapon of mass destruction- I'm still learning to hit straight on drivers but this WMD can bring distance further than my TM driver. I've watched a few guys trying it out and the distance and loft looks like some PGA pro playing. It seem to be forgiving enough for newbies to launch and for seasoned player added distances. Although it is not aggressively marketed like some American brands, it brings me to wonder what I really want in my bag. Still contemplating...
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Giga driver/fairway woods   Giga driver/fairway woods I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 11:49 pm

Tried at Green Fairway range. Only two shots on the Golden Slam driver. Wink
New driver head definately felt lighter than the Grand Slam model and its surprisingly hot off the face too! Swing
The downside re GD only bring in R flex i guess which's in C9 swing wgt, and its a no no fr any hard hitter. Neutral
Current gamg driver was a GIGA Grand Slam fitted w yamaha pull-out Fujikura Rombax 6Y08 flex S shaft. Cool 
Wld love to try again in S flex if available. Smile
Back to top Go down
vinjess
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
vinjess

PostSubject: Re: Giga driver/fairway woods   Giga driver/fairway woods I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 9:32 pm

rabbit wrote:
Yes the gold club head and shaft looks intimidating, like some limited edition AK47. It's a weapon of mass destruction- I'm still learning to hit straight on drivers but this WMD can bring distance further than my TM driver. I've watched a few guys trying it out and the distance and loft looks like some PGA pro playing. It seem to be forgiving enough for newbies to launch and for seasoned player added distances. Although it is not aggressively marketed like some American brands, it brings me to wonder what I really want in my bag. Still contemplating...

buy buy buy
Back to top Go down
righthook
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
righthook

PostSubject: Re: Giga driver/fairway woods   Giga driver/fairway woods I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 10:45 pm

tempting there are demo available @green fairway? Question
Back to top Go down
IceShelterX
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Giga driver/fairway woods   Giga driver/fairway woods I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 11:28 pm

lol... demo @green fairway... yeah must find one friend who have it...

Tried it before... too scared to whack it... scared i scratch the driver.... very intimidating one
Back to top Go down
vinjess
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
vinjess

PostSubject: Re: Giga driver/fairway woods   Giga driver/fairway woods I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 7:06 pm

rabbit wrote:

buy buy buy
Back to top Go down
rabbit
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
rabbit

PostSubject: Re: Giga driver/fairway woods   Giga driver/fairway woods I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 11:14 pm

Vinjess, either I save save save or print print print, else tough to buy buy buy. Haha.
Back to top Go down
vinjess
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
vinjess

PostSubject: Re: Giga driver/fairway woods   Giga driver/fairway woods I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 10:28 am

rabbit wrote:
Vinjess, either I save save save or print print print, else tough to buy buy buy. Haha.
 buy 1st, think later. Hahahaha
Back to top Go down
righthook
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
righthook

PostSubject: Re: Giga driver/fairway woods   Giga driver/fairway woods I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 11:50 am

will be excellent if there is a demo day
Back to top Go down
kid22
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Giga driver/fairway woods   Giga driver/fairway woods I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 10:23 pm

It looks really good.
How much is it going for locally?
I will love to give it a try.
Back to top Go down
zenselv
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
zenselv

PostSubject: Re: Giga driver/fairway woods   Giga driver/fairway woods I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 5:26 pm

Saw this at Kakibukit GD....
Back to top Go down
snagy23
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
snagy23

PostSubject: Re: Giga driver/fairway woods   Giga driver/fairway woods I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 12:33 am

i tried someone giga driver sometime back, not sure which model or flex, yes as mentioned by some, it is really easy to hit.
I hit two or three shots off the tee on range which was someone else driver, din believe that the driver can hit balls really really far. i am impress to be honest. worth the try!
Back to top Go down
rontoksh
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Giga driver/fairway woods   Giga driver/fairway woods I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 2:43 pm

Saw this on this forum and decided to have a look. Fell in love with the gold finish and feel and bought it at GD. The older model Grand Slam was on offer for $249 but this newer model was $490 after discount.
It is lighter than other drivers, killer looks and sizzling hot. Sound at impact is really great. Played a couple of games with it and most shots were straight and far.  Mishit some but did not get into any danger as it is quite forgiving. Even those shots when I teed up too high flew considerable distances. I also found that I could adjust the height of the tee to get a flatter trajectory or slightly higher to get more loft of the tee box.
Too bad you can hardly find any review on this but definitely worth considering
Back to top Go down
righthook
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
righthook

PostSubject: Re: Giga driver/fairway woods   Giga driver/fairway woods I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 4:32 pm

Nice write up did you get the fairway woods as well?
Back to top Go down
rontoksh
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Giga driver/fairway woods   Giga driver/fairway woods I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 2:58 pm

Thanks. Wanted to after using the driver. But the Golden Slam woods are $500+ for 2. The older Grand Slam woods were on promo for $159 each.......so I bought the cheaper ones Laughing . Getting used to them. Played one round with them and quite good. But at range, had some trouble hitting cleanly.
Back to top Go down
jason.koh.54966
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
jason.koh.54966

PostSubject: Re: Giga driver/fairway woods   Giga driver/fairway woods I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 9:38 pm

Brought the GS driver at KB. Will try it out, G25 driver is selling for only $528, according to the sales guy. Guessed it may be the lowest price locally.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Giga driver/fairway woods   Giga driver/fairway woods I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Giga driver/fairway woods
Page 1 of 1