Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sonatec fairway woods

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
angyongshen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
angyongshen

Sonatec fairway woods Empty
PostSubject: Sonatec fairway woods   Sonatec fairway woods I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 9:15 am

Recently chanced upon a sonatec fairway wood in pristine condition, seems like the previous owner really gave up on it after a few shots, would like to hear from the local perspective on these brand of woods comparing with the more up to date branding.

Details on this FW iirc, NPS-99 3w 15* stock adila nvs 55g R shaft with stock grip. I like how the head looks compact from address. Hope to work it into my bag.

Although it has been discussed extensively on forums like GolfWRX, however I find that usually their reviews and feedback don't really translate that well in the local context.

TIA.
scratch
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Sonatec fairway woods   Sonatec fairway woods I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 10:08 am

You know that sonartec was licensed the technology from Royal Collection right? It was intended for the US market

I had sonartec before, now have RC 3w

I find the RC face more springy at impact, better sound when struck too. My older sonartec feels a bit 'dead' 

I'll choose RC over sonartec. I'm currently hitting my RC #3 hybrid so well, it's a keeper. But alas, I struggle with my RC 3w off the deck, it's my ability, not the club's fault though 
White Flag
Back to top Go down
angyongshen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
angyongshen

PostSubject: Re: Sonatec fairway woods   Sonatec fairway woods I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 7:42 am

Yup, agreed totally. The head looks sweet, very nice and compact with a neutral face however one needs to be a real good striker to get any decent results.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sonatec fairway woods   Sonatec fairway woods I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sonatec fairway woods
Page 1 of 1