Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any offer with FootJoy shoes

Go down 
+4
lennylim
slinger
sebastianlim
TeD
8 posters
AuthorMessage
TeD
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Any offer with FootJoy shoes Empty
PostSubject: Any offer with FootJoy shoes   Any offer with FootJoy shoes I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 2:22 pm

Know where to get best place for Nike shoes? anyone with great offers/ lobangs for FootJoy shoes? In need of a new shoes badly, it the weather.
Back to top Go down
sebastianlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Any offer with FootJoy shoes   Any offer with FootJoy shoes I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 2:24 pm

there is this nike shop in far east.. they got both wide range of footjoy and nike.. nike not so mnay. footjoy tons. from the low end to the high end. was there 3wks ago to buy my shoe also..
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Any offer with FootJoy shoes   Any offer with FootJoy shoes I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 4:25 pm

if u are a walker, then the dryjoy is good, then $188 at Taka from other thread.....
Back to top Go down
lennylim
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
lennylim

PostSubject: Re: Any offer with FootJoy shoes   Any offer with FootJoy shoes I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 4:32 pm

vinc at far east also has last season dryjoy at $188.
but recently i went KL (isetan golf section), and got the dryjoys for RM399, or about S$165.
Back to top Go down
pr1nc3ssdi
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
pr1nc3ssdi

PostSubject: Re: Any offer with FootJoy shoes   Any offer with FootJoy shoes I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 4:44 pm

i bought my footjoy at $128 at greenfair way.. they are having some disc there
Back to top Go down
TeD
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Any offer with FootJoy shoes   Any offer with FootJoy shoes I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 5:50 pm

Looking at the Synr-G, anyone with the best price to compare, thanks!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Any offer with FootJoy shoes   Any offer with FootJoy shoes I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 5:52 pm

Not to raise any alarm, but just be aware that with past season's discounted shoes, you might encounter almost immediate problems.

The two most major issues are the sole falling off and shoe letting in water from the seams.

Like any sports shoe not worn for a long time, the shoes may have been in warehouse storage. Somehow when sports shoes are not worn or used for a long time, there is a chemical reaction where the plastics sweat some kind of liquid, have a white powdery residual coating, become hard and brittle and just totally disintegrate, or the glue doesn't bond anymore resulting in the sole falling off.

I bought a pair of DryJoys years ago at a sale for a steal. All looked fine till I wore it to the course and the hard plastic sole proceeded to leave pieces of itself on every hole I played. Another time, I bought a high end Nike shoe from The Mines pro shop, also on sale. Wear for the round, and not even halfway through the first hole, my Nike's turned into crocodiles! Lucky they allowed me to change to another pair.

So moral of the story is, when you buy past season's shoes, look at the welts, where the top of the shoe joins the sole, pull and tug on them to see if they come apart, even if there is a small gap, don't buy! Flex the sole in various directions as you would in a swing to see if cracks appear. Also examine the sole closely for the above pointers in red.

Because even with a 70% discount, the 30% you pay will still be too much for a shoe you don't get to use.
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Any offer with FootJoy shoes   Any offer with FootJoy shoes I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 8:05 pm

Had a major incident in my previous job, where the rubber component on our 'new' products started to crack. These 'new' item were produced more than 2 years ago and has been laying in our store since.

explanation from the rubber supplier to our client (Japanese electronics firm) was rubber that has not been stressed (used) for 2-3 years will become more brittle and crack under high stress. A rubber that is being 'used' will not have such problems. Dont know the real science behind it buy the Japanese QC bosses seems to accept the answer.

Thats y i rather buy cheap newer 'lower end model' shoe than cheap older 'higher end model' shoe, especially when i really 'stress' my shoes....

a few months ago bought a box of rubber spikes....all cracked within minutes. I was wondering why there was so many black insects on the range mat.
Back to top Go down
lennylim
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
lennylim

PostSubject: Re: Any offer with FootJoy shoes   Any offer with FootJoy shoes I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 9:47 pm

thanks for the great inspection/QC tips...
agree that buying "older" shoes can have these problems, so must be careful.
and our climate is not exactly rubber or glue friendly.
its same for other footwear, like football boots also.

just hv to be more careful and keep fingers cross the good deal turns our well.
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Any offer with FootJoy shoes   Any offer with FootJoy shoes I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 11:03 pm

I concur with birdman... I bought a pair of Adidas golf shoe which retailed @ 199 outside, but was sold at Adidas sale @ 30$. Thought it was a steal.

After three times worn on the course, it turned crocodile also, the sole detached from the shoe. Both pair. I guess it was kept in the warehouse for more than a year....
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any offer with FootJoy shoes   Any offer with FootJoy shoes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any offer with FootJoy shoes
Page 1 of 1