Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Scotty Pro Plat Mil-spec

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
IGT
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
IGT

Scotty Pro Plat Mil-spec  Empty
PostSubject: Scotty Pro Plat Mil-spec    Scotty Pro Plat Mil-spec  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 9:54 pm

I only came across Mil-spec Newport; is there any Mil-spec Newport 2 in the market? Thanks
Back to top Go down
maslie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
maslie

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Pro Plat Mil-spec    Scotty Pro Plat Mil-spec  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 12:05 am

Newport 2 in pro platinum but not in mil spec. Mil spec only in Newport for general pop, no idea if they are available in tour issue though.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Pro Plat Mil-spec    Scotty Pro Plat Mil-spec  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 12:22 am

Mil-spec (a pro platinum) was made from Y2000 to Y2002...only in Newport and in length 33 to 36 inch. the 33 inch is the most sought after as it comes with a 350g head.

it has a relief on the hosel to aid lie adjustment and how i wish i had 2 of these.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Pro Plat Mil-spec    Scotty Pro Plat Mil-spec  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 12:26 am

DGman wrote:
Mil-spec (a pro platinum) was made from Y2000 to Y2002...only in Newport and in length 33 to 36 inch. the 33 inch is the most sought after as it comes with a 350g head.

it has a relief on the hosel to aid lie adjustment and how i wish i had 2 of these.....

Eric, I remember I bought one from you, and eventually sold it to Chris.
Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
IGT
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
IGT

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Pro Plat Mil-spec    Scotty Pro Plat Mil-spec  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 12:30 am

Got it, thanks to all!
Back to top Go down
IGT
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
IGT

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Pro Plat Mil-spec    Scotty Pro Plat Mil-spec  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 9:36 pm

One more query, Bros...of all the off-the-rack SC putters, which one is the softest; metalurgically speaking. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Pro Plat Mil-spec    Scotty Pro Plat Mil-spec  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 9:47 pm

Coper insert!
Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Pro Plat Mil-spec    Scotty Pro Plat Mil-spec  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 9:49 pm

IGT wrote:
One more query, Bros...of all the off-the-rack SC putters, which one is the softest; metalurgically speaking. Thanks.

I'm liking my Golo Smile I find it pretty soft!
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Pro Plat Mil-spec    Scotty Pro Plat Mil-spec  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 9:51 pm

IMHO the SS 303 made from Y2002 to Y2004 and the 1997 sole stamp short plumber neck tel 3. the neck is just right and the resonance should be just right.

of course i have never putted with the 1998 Sterling (made for Japan TJI) and that must be pretty special putter with the sterling silver face.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
maslie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
maslie

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Pro Plat Mil-spec    Scotty Pro Plat Mil-spec  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 11:17 pm

Hi bro,
If I may share my recent story, I tried to look replacement for my bash up mil-spec on recent years off the rack SC but can't even find one close to mil-spec (in terms of feel and quality). Finally decided to quit on SC and move to other and found Betti, surprised me all the 2013 lines hold the quality I were looked for. Had a hard time to decide on Queen B - SS and Signature series finally get the SS since it's face milled design well surprise me for it's very soft feeling and hold on the line better. The finishing is awesome too. Finally my SC can retired as back up Very Happy......just my 2c story.
Back to top Go down
IGT
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
IGT

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Pro Plat Mil-spec    Scotty Pro Plat Mil-spec  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 4:54 pm

Truly amazed by the knowledge you guys have affraid!

I could have googled and read more from the net, but currently traveling in China got into so much restrictions in net surfing without VPN. Sites like Golfwrx, Youtube are banned sites.

Appreciate your inputs and sharing, thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Pro Plat Mil-spec    Scotty Pro Plat Mil-spec  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scotty Pro Plat Mil-spec
Page 1 of 1