Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Feedback on R9 TP 'B' Spec irons

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
watchman88sg
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
watchman88sg

Feedback on R9 TP 'B' Spec irons Empty
PostSubject: Feedback on R9 TP 'B' Spec irons   Feedback on R9 TP 'B' Spec irons I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 12:06 pm

Recently acquired a set from the ebay and awaiting delivery. Appreciate feedback or review from anyone who is currently using the same set, kumsia. TFP, I know you are a diehard TM fan, any feedback ?
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

PostSubject: Re: Feedback on R9 TP 'B' Spec irons   Feedback on R9 TP 'B' Spec irons I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 12:21 pm

Depends on the shaft you got it with. I tried it out 2 days ago at the range with KBS Tour Stiff. The feedback was very good, and i got used to it rather quickly. I think you will love the feel of the clubs.

Good choice!

Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

PostSubject: Re: Feedback on R9 TP 'B' Spec irons   Feedback on R9 TP 'B' Spec irons I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 12:24 pm

You know there are eBay stores where you can customise your irons, right?
They go for about USD550 for 6 irons fully customised to your specifications.
How much did you get yours for?
Back to top Go down
watchman88sg
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
watchman88sg

PostSubject: Re: Feedback on R9 TP 'B' Spec irons   Feedback on R9 TP 'B' Spec irons I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 12:36 pm

Bro TFP, I chose a set which is as close to my profile as possible. It is a 8-piece set running from 3-P shafted with DG X100 (+ 0.5 inch though). Although it is stated or described as 'B' stamped, I suspected the set to be more like the tour-issued version released prior to the 'B' stamped being made available to the public since the heads are all serialised. Total damage excluding shipping = USD 600, for a mint set Very Happy

You tested it in the range, normal retail version or the 'B' spec ?
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

PostSubject: Re: Feedback on R9 TP 'B' Spec irons   Feedback on R9 TP 'B' Spec irons I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 2:01 pm

I tested the B Spec irons that are available here. They look like blades at address, and came fitted with the KBS Stiff shafts. If I'm not wrong, these are forged irons to allow for adjustment. The normal R9s are cast iron. Anyway, for 600 usd, u got a super deal. Smile
Back to top Go down
watchman88sg
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
watchman88sg

PostSubject: Re: Feedback on R9 TP 'B' Spec irons   Feedback on R9 TP 'B' Spec irons I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 2:41 pm

That's what I thought, at USD600, it couldn't be better although there isn't much of a choice to customise the specs to my liking. I am totally satisfied for the fact that this is a set with absolutely no offset. The KBS shaft sounds good and I may just get them re-shafted at the Nick Faldo Academy when I get there in 2 weeks time Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

PostSubject: Re: Feedback on R9 TP 'B' Spec irons   Feedback on R9 TP 'B' Spec irons I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 6:23 pm

Dude, i just realised that the new range will be out in Feb-MAr next year. Should've waited.. Smile
Back to top Go down
watchman88sg
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
watchman88sg

PostSubject: Re: Feedback on R9 TP 'B' Spec irons   Feedback on R9 TP 'B' Spec irons I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 6:38 pm

Thanks for your info but seriously I don't have any issues whether the clubs I bought are the older or newer models. This is also why I am still using my trusty Titleist 681T even though they are already more than a decade old. I chose 'B' Spec because this is as close as I can get in comparison to my 681. I am sure the feel will be good, if not better Smile
Back to top Go down
InTheHole!
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Feedback on R9 TP 'B' Spec irons   Feedback on R9 TP 'B' Spec irons I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 9:24 pm

The r9 B irons are not forged but soft cast. All the heads of these irons should carry a T serial number to be authentic. Although soft cast, these irons feel very soft and to me, feel just like a forged iron. I dont play the B irons but the C stamped tour issued r9 irons -- same as the B irons but with more offset. I play these with KBS Tour and I find that these irons are very easy to hit.
Back to top Go down
watchman88sg
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
watchman88sg

PostSubject: Re: Feedback on R9 TP 'B' Spec irons   Feedback on R9 TP 'B' Spec irons I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 10:17 am

INT, I believe KBS is the standard shafts for R9 TP irons and feedback thus far is as good as it sounds. I have never played with KBS before and in your opinion, how does KBS feel in comparison to TT Dynamic Gold & NS Pro (assuming you have used them before) ?
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Feedback on R9 TP 'B' Spec irons   Feedback on R9 TP 'B' Spec irons I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 10:34 am

hi Watchman, i have played/owned those three shafts.

NSPRO: Highest launch of all three. Variance in performance between 2 shafts with similar specs can be significant (no kidding). Less harsh on hands on mishits than DG. Spins a lot. Least distance. Works great if matched with a high CG (low launching) heads. Nicest feel if hit flush (imho)
KBS: Mid to High Launch, lower than NSPRO, higher than DG. Even less harsh feeling than NSPRO. Less spin than NSPRO. Very stable shaft, solid.
TTDG: Lowest launch of all three, more roll (in my case). Distance is longest of all three. Harsher feel on my hands if I mishit. Gives good feedback, thin, toe, heel, flush.

these are my experiences with those three

I'm on NSPRO now, Hope I will have a PX 5.0 in February and then maybe change my NSPRO to Aerotech in 2012 for a full circle cheers
Back to top Go down
watchman88sg
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
watchman88sg

PostSubject: Re: Feedback on R9 TP 'B' Spec irons   Feedback on R9 TP 'B' Spec irons I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 4:04 pm

Bro PS, nice feedback, thanks. With all being said, I guessed I will have to stick to TTDG as the spin rate for the other 2 may become an issue for my case......cheers !
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: Feedback on R9 TP 'B' Spec irons   Feedback on R9 TP 'B' Spec irons I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 6:48 pm

just let you know i got one for sale if you still want one http://www.golfrepublic.org/marketplace-f8/wts-taylormade-r9-tp-b-t8792.htm#158110
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Feedback on R9 TP 'B' Spec irons   Feedback on R9 TP 'B' Spec irons I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Feedback on R9 TP 'B' Spec irons
Page 1 of 1