Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Want feedback on women's irons presently on the market

Go down 
+3
scottycollector
nrafee
silverdove
7 posters
AuthorMessage
silverdove
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Want feedback on women's irons presently on the market Empty
PostSubject: Want feedback on women's irons presently on the market   Want feedback on women's irons presently on the market I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 4:34 pm

Hi all, just wanted to see if anyone has any women's irons to recommend from personal use or feedback from their partners. I'm looking for my other half and so far have tried RBZ, Nike VRS and Ping Faith. This was all Golf House had left. Anyone know what other beginner clubs are comparable to the ones mentioned and also where we might be able to test the clubs. Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

PostSubject: Re: Want feedback on women's irons presently on the market   Want feedback on women's irons presently on the market I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 5:07 pm

I recommend you buy second hand. Too many stories of over zealous hubby and bf buying a set for the other half and end up selling it here at a fraction of the buy price after the interest dies off.

Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: Want feedback on women's irons presently on the market   Want feedback on women's irons presently on the market I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 5:19 pm

depends on how good and how serious your other half is about the game.

my friend plays about once a month. she enjoys the game but is not very serious about it.

she uses a mizuno efil set, which serves her very well.

generally i would recommend mizuno clubs since it's more suited for asian women. the us brands like callaway tend to be longer and heavier, and not as suitable for most asian women.
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: Want feedback on women's irons presently on the market   Want feedback on women's irons presently on the market I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 5:23 pm

golf house and pan west carries mizuno efil. i'm sure u can test it out there. just need to tape it up.

u can try the branch at either paragon or suntec.

whilst i agree with nrafee that buying second hand would be advisable (since most lady golfers lose interest after a while), it's actually quite hard to find a decent used set of lady's clubs.
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Want feedback on women's irons presently on the market   Want feedback on women's irons presently on the market I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 5:23 pm

Try going to joe golf at kreta Ayer. Think they have second hand ladies clubs
Back to top Go down
silverdove
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Want feedback on women's irons presently on the market   Want feedback on women's irons presently on the market I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 5:55 pm

Thanks for the replies!

@scottycollector: You're absolutely right, it's so hard to find half decent second hand ladies irons!! If the above is correct about a lot of ladies eventually giving up golf, there must be very nice sets getting dusty in many storerooms out there! Haha. Ok will look out for the mizuno irons too, paragon didn't have any in stock so maybe will wait a bit first. Although I don't seem to see a efil model on the website?
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: Want feedback on women's irons presently on the market   Want feedback on women's irons presently on the market I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 6:01 pm

BFG Irons for lady.. Wife is so hapy with them.. Furtermore it is fully customisable.. Do the irons u need and no need do full set
Back to top Go down
silverdove
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Want feedback on women's irons presently on the market   Want feedback on women's irons presently on the market I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 6:08 pm

And just to be fair to all lady golfers out there, I agree that it's practical (for guys) to get a cheaper set or inferior second hand set for their partners to start with but I think that having a nice set for them to start out with will really give them a morale boost and added incentive to keep going with learning the game! This is the case with most male beginner golfers who will usually never settle for a set of clubs they don't like. Just my 2c worth...
Back to top Go down
silverdove
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Want feedback on women's irons presently on the market   Want feedback on women's irons presently on the market I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 6:09 pm

Can I ask roughly how much the customized BFG irons ended up costing?
Back to top Go down
madmaru
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
madmaru

PostSubject: Re: Want feedback on women's irons presently on the market   Want feedback on women's irons presently on the market I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 6:11 pm

nrafee wrote:
I recommend you buy second hand. Too many stories of over zealous hubby and bf buying a set for the other half and end up selling it here at a fraction of the buy price after the interest dies off.

tat i agree u are better off buying a 2nd hand set JST (jiam si tong )1st . remember not all woman find walking on the grass patch for hours on ends under the hot sun fun ..... plus unlike us men we look @ spec and reviews , to the ladies (no pun intended ) they are in to colors ,designs so no point buying a club with great reviews more to buying something she likes ( unless u wanna end up like me .... "darling this set of clubs dun suit my dressing today "......)
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: Want feedback on women's irons presently on the market   Want feedback on women's irons presently on the market I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 6:13 pm

the efil irons are a package set. ie comes with drivers, woods, hybrid, irons, putter and bag.

which is why it's more suitable for the social golfer who just wants a 'ready-made' set. not for serious golfers

in my opinion, the efil package is very well made. driver etc all of very good quality. all in about S$900. not the cheapest package set available, but definitely reasonable for the quality.

Back to top Go down
madmaru
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
madmaru

PostSubject: Re: Want feedback on women's irons presently on the market   Want feedback on women's irons presently on the market I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 6:14 pm

scottycollector wrote:
the efil irons are a package set. ie comes with drivers, woods, hybrid, irons, putter and bag.

which is why it's more suitable for the social golfer who just wants a 'ready-made' set. not for serious golfers

in my opinion, the efil package is very well made. driver etc all of very good quality. all in about S$900. not the cheapest package set available, but definitely reasonable for the quality.

scotty tat's the 2nd set i got for the wife , pink driver, pink woods , pink hybrid, and pink bag !!!!!

there is another ladies set figaro by maruman also comes in pink .........
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: Want feedback on women's irons presently on the market   Want feedback on women's irons presently on the market I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 6:18 pm

haha yes. it's all very pink indeed
Back to top Go down
frosTEE
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
frosTEE

PostSubject: Re: Want feedback on women's irons presently on the market   Want feedback on women's irons presently on the market I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 7:25 pm

We do have 2nd hand iron sets going between $250 - $350. They are forged cavity back heads with aerotech graphite shafts.

Also happen to have a LH set as well for juniors/ladies.

Do drop me a PM if you are interested or you can drop by BFG at Bukit Merah from Mon - Sat, 12pm - 7pm to try them out.
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: Want feedback on women's irons presently on the market   Want feedback on women's irons presently on the market I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 10:23 pm

hey frostee, is there also 2nd hand iron sets with aerotech shafts for men?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Want feedback on women's irons presently on the market   Want feedback on women's irons presently on the market I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Want feedback on women's irons presently on the market
Page 1 of 1