Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Faith and golf - interesting article in Golf Digest

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

Faith and golf - interesting article in Golf Digest Empty
PostSubject: Faith and golf - interesting article in Golf Digest   Faith and golf - interesting article in Golf Digest I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 5:15 pm

Check out this interesting article, from Golf Digest, Jan 2013 issue, vol 7 no 1, entitled: "A Glimpse Inside the Soul of Golf"

Byline: How religion has emerged in a world where the meek don't inherit the money title.

By Max Adler.

Extract:

If you're any sort of golfer, no special spiritual belief is required to recognize that bad shots come from being tentative, and that tentativeness is the opposite of a state of faith.

Whether that faith is in your yardage, the position of your right arm in the backswing, the existence of divine heaven in the afterlife... what we do know is, good golf comes from slinging the club with the proper mix of confidence and abandon.

Quotable tweets:

Bubba Watson
683,627 followers @bubbawatson

Understand and love my parents more now. Nothing matters but my wife and my baby boy. Golf is fun but God - Wife - Baby are my life.

To God be the Glory!!! #Masters

Rickie Fowler
399,617 followers @RickieFowlerPGA

Love my haters, but love my fans even more... I'm a lover not a hater... life is way too short to worry about bringing others down!

Webb Simpson
70,945 followers @webbsimpson

26,000 will die today due to lack of food or water, I need not complain of anything. I am blessed man beyond measure.

Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

PostSubject: Re: Faith and golf - interesting article in Golf Digest   Faith and golf - interesting article in Golf Digest I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 5:21 pm

inspiring quotes
Back to top Go down
davis.suliman
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Faith and golf - interesting article in Golf Digest   Faith and golf - interesting article in Golf Digest I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 8:57 pm

heh....who would hate rickie fowler lollll...but awesome quotes
Back to top Go down
IGT
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
IGT

PostSubject: Re: Faith and golf - interesting article in Golf Digest   Faith and golf - interesting article in Golf Digest I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 11:50 am

Very inspiring, indeed. Thx for sharing!

Any quote from TW?
Back to top Go down
musashi75
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Faith and golf - interesting article in Golf Digest   Faith and golf - interesting article in Golf Digest I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 2:55 pm

Ben Crane is notable for expressing his faith too. http://www.faithwriters.com/article-details.php?id=130438
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Faith and golf - interesting article in Golf Digest   Faith and golf - interesting article in Golf Digest I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Faith and golf - interesting article in Golf Digest
Page 1 of 1