Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!)

Go down 
+59
Nam Flog
bigsplash
MadScientist
antegg
pngstream
jetster
akhild
shorthitter
Hongsqqoo
enwee
Derek
nrafee
snagy23
shamusan
jason.koh.54966
vinjess
rlhk
goGoffy
and68low
drawbias
sob
duffader
gunship
smokey
aerosmith10
jmchan
den
kamen
loserjo
18underPar
jwing
IvanGolf
hiryu
willytan
ahnah
cybermambo
essentiale
Tsunami33
pravnash
jeffman88
GPRO-Ricky Cheng
odyssey23
Revolution21
Cyrano
Fronzenre
righthook
gnorij
Turbo
keithlim
chocobery
mariateo
almag69
stickman
jurongtiger
Bomberman
bryanachong
BigblackGoof
Slicer51
tendygolf
63 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
antegg
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
antegg

ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!)   ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 9:29 pm

jetster wrote:
Dun think so, too bad they couldn't last

Is that true? Feel quite sad to hear about that, although it is not totally out of my expectation ...

Hv been there for a few times with a friend who signed up for the membership.  The place is quite nice, but not many players (during my every visit) there--probably due to its premium rate (ya, I agreed that given the high maintenance costs required it has to charge premium price, but perhaps after all most players still tend to be very practical, after they make comparison, and do not want to pay too much for range pracitice, even if they believe golf shold be a more expensive game) ...

anyway, guess my friend's remaining credit is gone if AllStar really discontinues its business
Back to top Go down
MadScientist
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!)   ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 10:16 pm

akhild wrote:
Is this range still around?
Popular? I wanna sign up annual pass not sure if still in business and plan to be in business?

Apparently it is still open. (Read previous post and don't understand what's on here...)

Was there last Wed...
It's $20 for entry
$10 for 100 normal balls.
Back to top Go down
akhild
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
akhild

PostSubject: Re: ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!)   ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 11:01 pm

MadScientist wrote:
akhild wrote:
Is this range still around?
Popular? I wanna sign up annual pass not sure if still in business and plan to be in business?

Apparently it is still open. (Read previous post and don't understand what's on here...)

Was there last Wed...
It's $20 for entry
$10 for 100 normal balls.

Guess the other bro was confused then. Still have membership with v1 balls?
Back to top Go down
bigsplash
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!)   ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 8:35 am

v1 is available but at extra cost

now they provide budget balls instead of range balls for normal purchase

still working on membership basis, $500 for a year with $250 credits
$10/100 i think.. v1 is $20/40 ? cant remember...
most of the time, you buy one batch of normal balls, there will be some v1s accidentally inside

but i havent been there for a month..so im really hoping the earlier bro was referring to the previous range on grass n not all star
Back to top Go down
Nam Flog
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!)   ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 12:26 pm

Hi anybody knows if there is still range facilities on grass in singapore? Is all-star still operating?

I am keen to try this out.
Back to top Go down
akhild
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
akhild

PostSubject: Re: ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!)   ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 1:05 pm

Nam Flog wrote:
Hi anybody knows if there is still range facilities on grass in singapore? Is all-star still operating?

I am keen to try this out.

Yes, alive and kicking. go there u wont be disappointed.
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!)   ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 2:21 pm

do u know what the charges are like? is there still a $20 entrance fee?
Back to top Go down
Nam Flog
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!)   ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 4:07 pm

Thanks for the info.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!)   ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 4:18 pm

Entrance fee of $20 is pricey if it happens to pour ...  Laughing
Back to top Go down
Nam Flog
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!)   ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 4:49 pm

I called they have VIP package. 3 months $250 ($50 credit), 6 months $350 ($100 credit), 1 year $500 ($200 credit). 

50 balls at $5 credit. 

Small price to pay if can improve iron play on fairway. IMO.
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

PostSubject: Re: ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!)   ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 8:32 pm

Small price to pay if you go there regularly to range but if you go weekly, there will be quite heavy on the pocket.
Back to top Go down
Nam Flog
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!)   ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 8:48 pm

willytan wrote:
Small price to pay if you go there regularly to range but if you go weekly, there will be quite heavy on the pocket.
Bro, the VIP package means you don't have to pay $20 entrance fee anymore.

So if buy package, go weekly very worth it.
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

PostSubject: Re: ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!)   ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 8:59 pm

I may as we'll pay $16.15 to nsrcc par3 for a 9hole game weekly until it closes down to practice my short game.
Back to top Go down
Andynice
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!)   ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 9:32 pm

willytan wrote:
I may as we'll pay $16.15 to nsrcc par3 for a 9hole game weekly until it closes down to practice my short game.

I agree with Willy. or go Mandai 9 holes, you can practice all aspect of the game at an affordable price at only $32.10 weekend. Weekdays even cheaper.

My point is that the $20 entrance just make playing at NSRCC par 3 and Mandai a better option.
Back to top Go down
Nam Flog
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!)   ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 9:41 pm

Andynice wrote:
willytan wrote:

I agree with Willy. or go Mandai 9 holes, you can practice all aspect of the game at an affordable price at only $32.10 weekend. Weekdays even cheaper.

My point is that the $20 entrance just make playing at NSRCC par 3 and Mandai a better option.
Yeah agree.

But what if wanna tweak and work on the swing mechanics? Being on a range advantage is can repeat again and again until you are satisfied. If any drill that you are working on also can take your own sweet time.

Whereas on a par 3 course after you screw up a shot, you just have to pick up the bag and go, choose another club and start all over again.

Guess depends on what you want to achieve and how you wanna achieve it.
Back to top Go down
tendygolf
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
tendygolf

PostSubject: Re: ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!)   ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 9:25 pm

ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!) - Page 4 Img-2010

: Golf on Real Grass

A golf game is played on real grass. Practicing on mat on a driving range will never give you the same feel of what it is like when playing a real game on a golf course. That is why very often you thought you have perfected a swing at the driving range, the swing does not work when transported to the golf course. Nevertheless, you can still practice the basic swing on the mat to groove in your swing. However, once a while, maybe say, every 10 times you practice on mat, you should practice at least one time on real grass at a driving range that provides it, all the more so just before an actual game on a golf course.

ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!) - Page 4 Img-2010

ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!) - Page 4 Img-2014

Last edited by tendygolf on Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://tendygolf.com
Golfman
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Golfman

PostSubject: Re: ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!)   ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 6:34 pm

Swee.....
Will drop by 1 day hor....
Can bo???
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!)   ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 12:14 pm

Absolutely! It is good to practise on grass as the mat is too forgiving to simulate the real course situation ... It is ideal that fitting be done on grass instead of in the aircon studio using mat ...
Back to top Go down
tendygolf
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
tendygolf

PostSubject: Re: ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!)   ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 6:21 pm

ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!) - Page 4 Img-2014
Back to top Go down
http://tendygolf.com
jB15
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
jB15

PostSubject: Re: ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!)   ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2015 12:27 pm

Are they still opened? The website is not working it seems
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!)   ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2015 1:11 pm

No longer in operation after the unforeseen catastrophic last Dec ... Tendygolf has since shifted their operation to Fairway club ... Click on below link for more details ...

Tendygolf - Soft Opening
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!)   ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!) - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!)
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4