Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!)

Go down 
+59
Nam Flog
bigsplash
MadScientist
antegg
pngstream
jetster
akhild
shorthitter
Hongsqqoo
enwee
Derek
nrafee
snagy23
shamusan
jason.koh.54966
vinjess
rlhk
goGoffy
and68low
drawbias
sob
duffader
gunship
smokey
aerosmith10
jmchan
den
kamen
loserjo
18underPar
jwing
IvanGolf
hiryu
willytan
ahnah
cybermambo
essentiale
Tsunami33
pravnash
jeffman88
GPRO-Ricky Cheng
odyssey23
Revolution21
Cyrano
Fronzenre
righthook
gnorij
Turbo
keithlim
chocobery
mariateo
almag69
stickman
jurongtiger
Bomberman
bryanachong
BigblackGoof
Slicer51
tendygolf
63 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
essentiale
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!)   ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 3:47 am

Don't think there would be shelter at grass area... Think about it if there's shelter how does the grass grow without sunlight?
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!)   ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 9:38 am

essentiale wrote:
Don't think there would be shelter at grass area... Think about it if there's shelter how does the grass grow without sunlight?

You are wrong to say that. We are not saying the whole range has to be sheltered and this is definitely not feasible financially. We are saying a narrow strip of shelter good enough to cover the golfers whilst practicing. The sunlight does not shine at one direction only and hence, the grass will still be able to grow. For your info, Sentosa Golf Range has mobile shelter. But of course one needs to pay a premium to practice there and only meant for members and their guests.
Back to top Go down
essentiale
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!)   ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 1:40 pm

Turbo wrote:
essentiale wrote:

You are wrong to say that. We are not saying the whole range has to be sheltered and this is definitely not feasible financially. We are saying a narrow strip of shelter good enough to cover the golfers whilst practicing. The sunlight does not shine at one direction only and hence, the grass will still be able to grow. For your info, Sentosa Golf Range has mobile shelter. But of course one needs to pay a premium to practice there and only meant for members and their guests.

You are mistaken also, I don't mean that the whole place has to be sheltered because using common sense, the balls you hit will hit the roof!?! Hahaha.. I didn't know Sentosa's is mobile shelter that it can move around though. Why don't you go down to turf city and have a look and recce for us Smile
Back to top Go down
cybermambo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!)   ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 1:49 pm

i was at Ivan's to get a shaft done ysty.
was raining, saw a guy hitting from the slightly sheltered area.
on the side directly in front of the office is where it is slightly sheltered.

nice and quiet, lots of green. relaxing.
Back to top Go down
ahnah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ahnah

PostSubject: Re: ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!)   ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 3:20 pm

let's arrange to go there practice and eat dim sim after the range..
Back to top Go down
essentiale
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!)   ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 3:35 pm

ahnah wrote:
let's arrange to go there practice and eat dim sim after the range..

Sounds good
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

PostSubject: Re: ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!)   ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 8:43 am

Anyone recently went to the driving range?

Was there abt 8.30am but the place seem close as nobody is in the office. Is my first time there; hoping to try practicing on the grass since I have some spare time before an appt ard the area.

Is the dispenser by coin/token or must buy from the office. Pls advice.
Back to top Go down
hiryu
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!)   ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 9:31 am

I was there 2 weeks back on the 7th afternoon. We used our hp no as my FIL still had credits. Then the lady came out and use a remote to dispense the ball.
Back to top Go down
IvanGolf
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!)   ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 12:49 am

Dear Friends,

All Star Golf Range BERMUDA GRASS is READY. It will be open for all to practice from 23 Jun 2013.

ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!) - Page 2 9094355098_18fd44df49_z

PLUS

The only range that uses Titleist ProV as range ball

ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!) - Page 2 9088742445_b999eafae8_z

Back to top Go down
http://www.ivangolf.com
jwing
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
jwing

PostSubject: Re: ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!)   ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 1:17 am

cheerscheerscheers
Back to top Go down
18underPar
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
18underPar

PostSubject: Re: ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!)   ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 2:07 am

WOW, that looks like a great place to practice! Practicing off of grass is much better than mats!
Back to top Go down
http://www.EighteenUnderPar.com
loserjo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!)   ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 2:51 am

I am going tml if the haze is gone. What an exciting news only to realize the haze still there. Ok I set my target at 150. Below 150, tml I will be there for sure.
Back to top Go down
ahnah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ahnah

PostSubject: Re: ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!)   ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 4:33 am

If haze is there, wear mask lor
Back to top Go down
kamen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kamen

PostSubject: Re: ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!)   ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 8:44 am

We gotta have more ranges like this in Singapore.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/spcasingapore
den
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
den

PostSubject: Re: ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!)   ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 9:28 am

Bro Ivan, thanks for the update. Nice set up you have there!
Will definitely visit the All Star Golf Range once the haze gets better.
Back to top Go down
jmchan
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!)   ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 11:02 am

What are the rates at this range? Seems like many people has asked but still no answers.

Or is it one of those - 'if you need to ask the price, you cannot afford it' type of place.
Back to top Go down
aerosmith10
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!)   ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 5:49 pm

Info available on the website. $20 per entry. $6 for 40 balls.

Any special promotion for GR member?
Back to top Go down
loserjo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!)   ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 6:11 pm

Haha under nea website we r to stay indoor. Better listen coz its indirectly saying if u die outside its your problem coz u r advised. Sorry Ivan, never turn up coz the number in the morning is deceiving. Can't even see the car plate in front of me and nea claims its 100 plus.
Back to top Go down
smokey
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!)   ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 6:24 pm

Seems like there's quite abit of different costs that is stated on the website. Apart from the VIP package, there is ball rate of $20 for 40 balls and there is also $3 for 45 balls.

I guess it's the difference between the north and south bay? Appreciate some form of clarification.

In any case, are our previous credits still valid?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
aerosmith10
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!)   ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 6:45 pm

Hmm, I think the info on the website was recently updated. Last night when I checked it was $6 for 40 balls under the VIP package.

Is the $3 and $5 for 45 balls for the other non Bermuda grass end?
Back to top Go down
gunship
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!)   ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 6:47 pm

It certainly looks like a good range hitting off on Bermuda grass and ProV1 range balls

I had a look at their guest rates and it was stated as $20 entry and another $20 per 40 balls. I hope this is not the actual pricing as this may price many keen golfers out.

I wonder how much you will pay to use a range of this quality. Let me start.
( $0 entry, approx. $12 - 90 balls)
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!)   ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 7:34 pm

gunship wrote:
It certainly looks like a good range hitting off on Bermuda grass and ProV1 range balls

I had a look at their guest rates and it was stated as $20 entry and another $20 per 40 balls. I hope this is not the actual pricing as this may price many keen golfers out.

I wonder how much you will pay to use a range of this quality. Let me start.
( $0 entry, approx. $12 - 90 balls)

Let me know if u can find a range that uses prov balls and hit off Bermuda grass and charges at your rate.

I think if dont charge premium, there will be idiots keeping the balls for their own use.
Back to top Go down
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
sob

PostSubject: Re: ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!)   ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 7:40 pm

duffader wrote:

I think if dont charge premium, there will be idiots keeping the balls for their own use.

Can't agree more, plus cheapos too.
Back to top Go down
drawbias
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
drawbias

PostSubject: Re: ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!)   ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 8:05 pm

Haha , totally agreed! The maintainence cost is not free!
Back to top Go down
and68low
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
and68low

PostSubject: Re: ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!)   ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 9:15 pm

Ha ha good one duffy... He should pick up ping pong instead of golf
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!)   ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ALL STAR GOLF RANGE - Practice as you Play (On Grass!)
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next