Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Euro Tour fines Daly for behavior in Hong Kong

Go down 
+2
Technospaz
Slicer51
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

Euro Tour fines Daly for behavior in Hong Kong Empty
PostSubject: Euro Tour fines Daly for behavior in Hong Kong   Euro Tour fines Daly for behavior in Hong Kong I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 8:57 am

John Daly is back in the news, and not because of his performance.

Quite the opposite, in fact.

Playing in last week’s UBS Hong Kong Open, Daly reportedly flung his putter into the trees during the second round after being annoyed by fans using cellphones and cameras. He missed the cut after rounds of 72-75.

On Sunday, the European Tour confirmed that it would fine Daly, 46, an undisclosed amount. Tournament director Mickael Ericsson told reporters, “Yes, the circumstances regarding crowd manners and behavior will be considered, but when it all boils down there is still no excuse for throwing his putter.”

Ironically, it was almost a year to the day of one of Daly’s most infamous meltdowns, at last year’s Australian Open. There, the two-time major champion deposited six balls in the water on one hole before storming off the course. That tantrum prompted the tournament director to huff, “I would say this is the last time we will see John Daly.”

In 2010, a PGA Tour personnel file revealed that Daly had been cited 11 times for “conduct unbecoming of a professional” and another 21 times for “failure to give best effort.” Over the years, his fines have totaled more than $100,000.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Euro Tour fines Daly for behavior in Hong Kong   Euro Tour fines Daly for behavior in Hong Kong I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 9:29 am

OK, unnecessary as Daly's reactions were, it's shocking how some golf "fans" are so unethical while watching the pros play. If they are true fans of the sport, they would understand that noise can throw a golfer off balance.

I don't condone Daly's throwing of his clubs but I think spectators need to be more understanding.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Euro Tour fines Daly for behavior in Hong Kong   Euro Tour fines Daly for behavior in Hong Kong I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 9:36 am

Both Daly and the spectators need to be spanked!
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Euro Tour fines Daly for behavior in Hong Kong   Euro Tour fines Daly for behavior in Hong Kong I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 9:42 am

the tour needs him for the colourful flashes of brilliance which is getting less these days. i dont think they will get to collect from JD. best rag to rich to rag story in golf history in our lifetime.

the last time i was at the Open at 2010 he was peddling loud mouth outfit at the corner pub after the practice rounds and game.

seems like the other loudmouth wearer that i know....
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Master
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Master

PostSubject: Re: Euro Tour fines Daly for behavior in Hong Kong   Euro Tour fines Daly for behavior in Hong Kong I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 12:23 pm

Is mUAr_cHEe reading this?

I will be fining him for throwing his driver at tee box the next time.

Also, I have to fine him for hitting his ball at the fishes after claiming that the fishes in the water trap swam and distracted him.

Many Thanks.
Back to top Go down
greenteaz
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
greenteaz

PostSubject: Re: Euro Tour fines Daly for behavior in Hong Kong   Euro Tour fines Daly for behavior in Hong Kong I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 1:31 pm

Master wrote:
Is mUAr_cHEe reading this?

I will be fining him for throwing his driver at tee box the next time.

Also, I have to fine him for hitting his ball at the fishes after claiming that the fishes in the water trap swam and distracted him.

Many Thanks.

Please don't fine me too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Euro Tour fines Daly for behavior in Hong Kong   Euro Tour fines Daly for behavior in Hong Kong I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Euro Tour fines Daly for behavior in Hong Kong
Page 1 of 1