Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hong Kong - what to do / eat here ?

Go down 
+3
pushslice
andrew-golf
daveaha
7 posters
AuthorMessage
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

Hong Kong - what to do / eat here ? Empty
PostSubject: Hong Kong - what to do / eat here ?   Hong Kong - what to do / eat here ? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 3:26 pm

Hi all,
I'm got last minute notice to go to Hong Kong for two weeks over the weekend... so here I am....

Any suggestion on where to go, what to do, and good places to eat in HK ? I kind of have limited time to do my research and internet connectivity is a bit hard to find here sometimes as I'm moving around across HK/New territories/kowloon etc....

Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: Hong Kong - what to do / eat here ?   Hong Kong - what to do / eat here ? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 3:37 pm

golf clubs there are cheaper den in SG

PM weaponx.. he also in HK
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Hong Kong - what to do / eat here ?   Hong Kong - what to do / eat here ? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 3:39 pm

Quen Jude Kao Ya, franchise from Beijing HQ. I loath SIngaporean's style Peking Duck. Peking duck must eat original style like in China, with meat and duck fat etc etc

There's one branch at Tsim Tsa Tsui

i think the website is http://www.hsinkuang.com.hk/
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Hong Kong - what to do / eat here ?   Hong Kong - what to do / eat here ? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 3:45 pm

oh and if you like steak, go for BLT

http://www.bltsteak.com/
Back to top Go down
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
golfool2009

PostSubject: Re: Hong Kong - what to do / eat here ?   Hong Kong - what to do / eat here ? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 3:56 pm

nick, you have to try this beef brisket noodle joint....kau kee 21 Gough Street, Central (Sheung Wan MTR)....google it, it's very well known...it's really good.....must try!!!
Back to top Go down
weaponx
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Hong Kong - what to do / eat here ?   Hong Kong - what to do / eat here ? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 4:11 pm

did someone page? Very Happy

andrew - golf stuff u can juz copy and paste whatever i told you.. haha

a bit vague on the questions, let me ask you back - what sort of activities are you looking for... and what sort of food/cuisine are you after Razz
Back to top Go down
weaponx
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Hong Kong - what to do / eat here ?   Hong Kong - what to do / eat here ? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 4:11 pm

golfool2009 wrote:
nick, you have to try this beef brisket noodle joint....kau kee 21 Gough Street, Central (Sheung Wan MTR)....google it, it's very well known...it's really good.....must try!!!

+1 on this one
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Hong Kong - what to do / eat here ?   Hong Kong - what to do / eat here ? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 4:39 pm

weaponx wrote:

a bit vague on the questions, let me ask you back - what sort of activities are you looking for... and what sort of food/cuisine are you after Razz

haha... food - anything. I can eat everything...

Activity - more to tourist type... cos my family is joining me tomorrow...
Back to top Go down
weaponx
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Hong Kong - what to do / eat here ?   Hong Kong - what to do / eat here ? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 4:56 pm

lots of food options, depends on where you are i suppose.. can check here or pm me.. there is a char siu rice shop in wanchai thats very good... was told roast goose nice too, foudn the roast duck/roast meat so so only...
http://www.openrice.com/english/restaurant/sr2.htm?shopid=1491

there is a roast pork place in causeway bay thats really good, but i can't for the love of me remember the name of the place now.. but its somewhere in the lee garden/leighton road area (cos i go there after browsing golf shops)...

dim sum - ppl like to go to maxims at city hall, traditional push cart type, but go early (1130 at least) on weekends as u will hv to queue and no reservations allowed....

seafood - i would recommend takign the ferry to lamma island instead of going to sai kung... google rainbow restaurant.. they offer free ferry transfers

activities - usual suspects: disneyland, ocean park, peak, shoppnig in tst/cwb... get andrew to give u FR on tst golf shopping Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: Hong Kong - what to do / eat here ?   Hong Kong - what to do / eat here ? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 4:57 pm

daveaha wrote:
weaponx wrote:

haha... food - anything. I can eat everything...

Activity - more to tourist type... cos my family is joining me tomorrow...

If family is joining you why not go to Disneyland. I am sure your kid will enjoy it.

Last edited by mloy on Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
weaponx
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Hong Kong - what to do / eat here ?   Hong Kong - what to do / eat here ? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 4:59 pm

oh btw, rain is forecasted for fri/sat... fri thunderstorm.. so any park ideas i think best left for sun/mon
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: Hong Kong - what to do / eat here ?   Hong Kong - what to do / eat here ? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 6:27 pm

thank you bro weaponx for the HK connection.

also wanna take this opportunity to thank you for your directions to get golf stuffs.. haha

yes... please go disneyland (yawn... boring .... for me...)

hahahaa
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Hong Kong - what to do / eat here ?   Hong Kong - what to do / eat here ? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 12:00 am

weaponx wrote:
oh btw, rain is forecasted for fri/sat... fri thunderstorm.. so any park ideas i think best left for sun/mon

The weather check is very.. inaccurate (as per today)... Went all over the places today (still in HK main island)... and it's dry ! Dine in at the Peak, and it was hazy as always, but not wet... thank God.

Where in Wanchai is the good food ? Can pm me bro ? I think posting here is also not a prob... as we can share with the rest of GR... heard that bro Alvin is also going here later this year...
Back to top Go down
alvinlee
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Hong Kong - what to do / eat here ?   Hong Kong - what to do / eat here ? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 12:16 pm

dave - sent you email of my last itinerary
hope you get to use it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hong Kong - what to do / eat here ?   Hong Kong - what to do / eat here ? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hong Kong - what to do / eat here ?
Page 1 of 1