Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dun noe where to continue or begin with now...

Go down 
+10
watermyforrest
S70B
ironfist
Victor3112
daveaha
eiji
rangereye
kopiO
missmoon
first_timerz
14 posters
AuthorMessage
first_timerz
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Dun noe where to continue or begin with now... Empty
PostSubject: Dun noe where to continue or begin with now...   Dun noe where to continue or begin with now... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 10:40 pm

Haiz...
It has been coming 1-mth since I got my PC from Bukit Batok Golf Range (BBGR) & now then I realised I cant use the PC to play at any golf course...
Has been busy making phone calls to golf course.. & they all seems to be giving the same answer... "cant use the golf course.. .blah.. blah..."

Planning to take a PC test.. But , got no idea where to start off again...

Have thgt of taking the PC test from Singagolf... afflicted with AAGN... But then , was worried that the same thing will happened again juz like the BBGR... cant use in other golf course..

Also , have thgt of joining Mygolfkaki (MGK).. after the PC from them , can get to play at OCC or MBGC... but , oso not sure good or not...

Is there anyone who can suggest anything?

Question scratch
Back to top Go down
missmoon
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
missmoon

PostSubject: Re: Dun noe where to continue or begin with now...   Dun noe where to continue or begin with now... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 10:44 pm

For MGK membership, you have to be a NTUC member. Then you can sign up for MGK.

I heard they will have a membership drive at OCC next month, so there are goodie bags for new sign up or renew membership. Hehe, i just came back from a MGK event, thats why i know. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.golfrepublic.org
kopiO
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kopiO

PostSubject: Re: Dun noe where to continue or begin with now...   Dun noe where to continue or begin with now... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 10:47 pm

if u serious on taking up golf, u should be targeting to get a handicap instead... handicap is recognised widely but not PC... some courses only recognizes their own PC... check out the thread on wher to get handicap...

so, the key question is where you plan or hope to play your golf?

some even skipped PC and go for handicap straight...
Back to top Go down
rangereye
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
rangereye

PostSubject: Re: Dun noe where to continue or begin with now...   Dun noe where to continue or begin with now... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 10:48 pm

Having a PC only allows you to play in executive courses in NSRCC, JCC, Mandai Executive Course etc.. But not actual 18 hole course unless your PC is given by pros teaching in country clubs as they would usually have some tie-ups with the club to allow play during weekdays.

Perhaps the seniors here can give better directions on the above as well as the PC given by others such as MGK or Singagolf..
Back to top Go down
http://www.wizgolf.com.sg
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Dun noe where to continue or begin with now...   Dun noe where to continue or begin with now... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 10:52 pm

missmoon wrote:

I heard they will have a membership drive at OCC next month, so there are goodie bags for new sign up or renew membership. Hehe, i just came back from a MGK event, thats why i know. Smile

sounds good, gonna get it next month then.

trying hard to go exec courses to work towards a handicap, will MGK regconise exec courses score towards handicap?
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Dun noe where to continue or begin with now...   Dun noe where to continue or begin with now... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 11:01 pm

eiji wrote:
missmoon wrote:

sounds good, gonna get it next month then.

trying hard to go exec courses to work towards a handicap, will MGK regconise exec courses score towards handicap?

If there's goodie bag, then you should snap it immediately. When I signed up with MGK earlier this year, I got nothing... Sleep
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
Victor3112
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Victor3112

PostSubject: Re: Dun noe where to continue or begin with now...   Dun noe where to continue or begin with now... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 11:02 pm

You don't need a PC to play at Mandai executive or GreenFairway, both 9holes. They don't check.
MBGC 18holes don't need PC as long as you pass the instant swing test just before the game.
As far as I know, all country club in Singapore ask for hcp.
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PostSubject: Re: Dun noe where to continue or begin with now...   Dun noe where to continue or begin with now... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 11:43 pm

yeah best to just work towards getting a handicap or if you really want to play just head to MBGC.. pretty expensive though.. singapore's way to strict when it comes to PC. they've really got to relax those rules..
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Dun noe where to continue or begin with now...   Dun noe where to continue or begin with now... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 2:24 am

PC = PDL
HDCP = QDL

Minor setback. Sign on to some schools here which will help u attain your hdcp while having lessons. I Know RSC and the Swing Kings offer these packages.
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: Dun noe where to continue or begin with now...   Dun noe where to continue or begin with now... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 5:18 am

missmoon wrote:

Aiya... I have been waiting for MGK event.... I guess I missed it again this round Sad

Any members or GR forumers who happen to know any new MGK event pls let us know (just like isetan sale)... can start new thread on this or just pm me.
Back to top Go down
first_timerz
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Dun noe where to continue or begin with now...   Dun noe where to continue or begin with now... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 6:51 am

Victor3112 wrote:
You don't need a PC to play at Mandai executive or GreenFairway, both 9holes. They don't check.
MBGC 18holes don't need PC as long as you pass the instant swing test just before the game.
As far as I know, all country club in Singapore ask for hcp.

OH!! I dint noe tat!!
Actually, my intention is to get a PC & then play & accumulate 5 x 18 holes score card so that I can take my hcp when I complete...
So, confirm no need PC oso can take PC?
Back to top Go down
first_timerz
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Dun noe where to continue or begin with now...   Dun noe where to continue or begin with now... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 7:32 am

kopiO wrote:
if u serious on taking up golf, u should be targeting to get a handicap instead... handicap is recognised widely but not PC... some courses only recognizes their own PC... check out the thread on wher to get handicap...

so, the key question is where you plan or hope to play your golf?

some even skipped PC and go for handicap straight...

Ya...
I wanna get hcp in the end...

I thgt the procedure is PC => submit 5x18 scorecards => hcp test

Question
Back to top Go down
first_timerz
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Dun noe where to continue or begin with now...   Dun noe where to continue or begin with now... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 7:39 am

missmoon wrote:

alamak... I am a union member , but i think i cant sign up liao...
I juz check their webbie...

6. Can I be a my golf kaki member if I do not have OCC Proficiency Certificate or handicap?

You need to have valid PC issued by SGA-associated golf clubs/SGA-affiliated non-estate golf clubs or Star Golf Academy (at Marina Bay Golf Course) in order to join Ordinary/Senior/Junior membership. For Associate membership, a valid LOCAL handicap is required.
[except OAAG,Handy Golf,Executive Golf Course and Asia Golfing Network (AGN)]

7. What are the documents to be submitted to my golf kaki upon signing up for membership?
B)For those joining "Ordinary", "Senior" or "Junior" membership, kindly produce :
- Valid PC issued by SGA-associated golf clubs or SGA-affiliated non-estate golf clubs or
- Valid Star Golf Academy PC (PCs issued by other golf academies are Not accepted) or
- Valid USGA handicap certificate except OAAG,Handy Golf,Executive Golf Course and Asia Golfing Network (AGN).

sian liao...
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: Dun noe where to continue or begin with now...   Dun noe where to continue or begin with now... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 7:46 am

Without pc, most places do not allow you to take hdp test. Executive course scores cannot be used. You need to accumulate scores from a rated course. Rated course means those with usga course and slope rating.

I guess occ pc is one of the best. With it, you can join mgk and play occ and mbgc cheap without worrying.
Back to top Go down
Http://thescarletibis.wordpress.com
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: Dun noe where to continue or begin with now...   Dun noe where to continue or begin with now... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 9:48 am

missmoon wrote:

hi moon

do you know when is the membership event coming up ?
would you mind to keep me posted on this event ?
i would like to go down and take a look, might take up the offer if it's good...keke

thank you
snowman
Back to top Go down
crystal_tiong
Caddy
Caddy
crystal_tiong

PostSubject: Re: Dun noe where to continue or begin with now...   Dun noe where to continue or begin with now... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 4:02 pm

yes yes , me also want to sign up too
golf_snowman wrote:
missmoon wrote:

hi moon

do you know when is the membership event coming up ?
would you mind to keep me posted on this event ?
i would like to go down and take a look, might take up the offer if it's good...keke

thank you
snowman
Back to top Go down
kbeng
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Dun noe where to continue or begin with now...   Dun noe where to continue or begin with now... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 4:13 pm

I think My Golf Club. Not PC also can take hcp test.

http://www.lifestylz.com.sg/mygolfclub/
Back to top Go down
Victor3112
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Victor3112

PostSubject: Re: Dun noe where to continue or begin with now...   Dun noe where to continue or begin with now... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 4:22 pm

Hey, if you are thinking of getting hdcp test at OCC, MyGolfClub, I would like to join.
Do pm me.

Union member fee is $9/month and plus $160/yr (or $180?) member fee for MGK. Compared to MyGolfClub $160 (or $180)/yr.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dun noe where to continue or begin with now...   Dun noe where to continue or begin with now... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dun noe where to continue or begin with now...
Page 1 of 1