Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shud i continue to play or shut off n practise till i build-in my new grip n swing?

Go down 
+8
eden
willytan
haragolfer
flashpacker
pocketace
swine
kwannick
Cnng121
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Cnng121
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Cnng121

Shud i continue to play or  shut off n practise till i build-in my new grip n swing? Empty
PostSubject: Shud i continue to play or shut off n practise till i build-in my new grip n swing?   Shud i continue to play or  shut off n practise till i build-in my new grip n swing? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 10:11 am

Hi Grians, here is my dilemma.. i have got myself a swing coach n started a new grip n swing which is in a premature stage, i am still playing and in most occasions, reverting to my old. And when i consciously try to execute the new swing, i failed. Not playing till i get muscle memory build-in will be a real challenge..
Back to top Go down
kwannick
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
kwannick

Shud i continue to play or  shut off n practise till i build-in my new grip n swing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shud i continue to play or shut off n practise till i build-in my new grip n swing?   Shud i continue to play or  shut off n practise till i build-in my new grip n swing? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 11:15 am

Unless you play with your new swing, how would you know if your coach is teaching you something that helps your game?
Back to top Go down
swine
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Shud i continue to play or shut off n practise till i build-in my new grip n swing?   Shud i continue to play or  shut off n practise till i build-in my new grip n swing? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 12:10 pm

Take reference from Tiger Woods... Wink
What did he do when he change coach?
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Shud i continue to play or shut off n practise till i build-in my new grip n swing?   Shud i continue to play or  shut off n practise till i build-in my new grip n swing? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 9:12 pm

Preserve 
Else why you pay money to get a professional? To help you get better mah!

Naturally there is a temptation to go back to what you are more familiar with

Come to terms that the next few months, scores will be wrecked as you try to execute the new swing.

Hopefully you will emerged better. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Shud i continue to play or shut off n practise till i build-in my new grip n swing?   Shud i continue to play or  shut off n practise till i build-in my new grip n swing? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 9:19 pm

You should range first until your new swing is grooved in...
Takes a couple of weeks to get it  cheers
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

PostSubject: Re: Shud i continue to play or shut off n practise till i build-in my new grip n swing?   Shud i continue to play or  shut off n practise till i build-in my new grip n swing? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 9:33 pm

change is good. change is good. but grip change will hurt you good.

http://www.golfrepublic.org/t24743-hurry-hurry-hara-sale-matrix-shaft-50-adams-head-free#395807

"I have an army"

"we have a Hulk"
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

PostSubject: Re: Shud i continue to play or shut off n practise till i build-in my new grip n swing?   Shud i continue to play or  shut off n practise till i build-in my new grip n swing? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 10:03 pm

It's good pain. 

I m going thru a grip n swing change as well. But too bad I hasnt have much free time to play on the green except going to the range for a quickie.
Back to top Go down
eden
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
eden

PostSubject: Re: Shud i continue to play or shut off n practise till i build-in my new grip n swing?   Shud i continue to play or  shut off n practise till i build-in my new grip n swing? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 10:38 pm

Short term pain for long term gain.
Back to top Go down
reallys
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
reallys

PostSubject: Re: Shud i continue to play or shut off n practise till i build-in my new grip n swing?   Shud i continue to play or  shut off n practise till i build-in my new grip n swing? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 7:47 am

Practice till you're comfortable with the grip and new swing at least. Playing with uncomfortable swing and grip is not good and your swing will come back. Get used to it, then play. Remember, changing your swing and grip takes hrs of practice, and also making sure that you're repeating the new way is important. You don't want your muscle memory to overtake the new ways you're implementing. Good luck! We know it's not easy.
Back to top Go down
abadan
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
abadan

PostSubject: Re: Shud i continue to play or shut off n practise till i build-in my new grip n swing?   Shud i continue to play or  shut off n practise till i build-in my new grip n swing? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 9:50 am

Grab a club every chance you get to speed up the process! Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
neutralgolfer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: Shud i continue to play or shut off n practise till i build-in my new grip n swing?   Shud i continue to play or  shut off n practise till i build-in my new grip n swing? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 10:16 am

When I do the swing and grip change, I go range everyday to make myself get used to the change. Don't need to hit a lot of balls, for me 80 balls each time. But I make sure I am using the new swing and grip to hit balls. After 2 weeks, everything seems to kick in.

Dun use your old swing on course, you may get confused later. 

Just sharing.
Back to top Go down
Cnng121
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Cnng121

PostSubject: Re: Shud i continue to play or shut off n practise till i build-in my new grip n swing?   Shud i continue to play or  shut off n practise till i build-in my new grip n swing? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 9:08 pm

Thanks for sharing guys... Guess i have to keep to the range for a while..
Back to top Go down
Choo Yao Chuen
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Shud i continue to play or shut off n practise till i build-in my new grip n swing?   Shud i continue to play or  shut off n practise till i build-in my new grip n swing? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 1:00 pm

changing your swing is definitely tough. Its like learning to walk all over again. Would definitely agree that you stick to the range until you make the switch. gona be a painful journey but well worth it, if you are convince that the new swing will improve your game.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shud i continue to play or shut off n practise till i build-in my new grip n swing?   Shud i continue to play or  shut off n practise till i build-in my new grip n swing? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shud i continue to play or shut off n practise till i build-in my new grip n swing?
Page 1 of 1