Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ian Poulter - WITB

Go down 
+6
daveaha
S70B
mervyntan
sunny
mUAr_cHEe
Cobra
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Cobra
Cobra Staff
Cobra

Ian Poulter - WITB Empty
PostSubject: Ian Poulter - WITB   Ian Poulter - WITB I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 9:13 pm

As requested here is a "What's in the Bag" look at Cobra Ambassador Ian Poulter. Ian has been experimenting with the new ZL driver and may put it in play this week.

As of now his bag is as follows:

Driver - Cobra S9-1 F Speed 9.5deg with a Fujikura Rombax 6X07 Shaft
Fairway - Titleist 909 F2 13.5deg with a Fujikura Rombax 7X07 Shaft
Fairway - Titleist 906 F2 18 deg with a Grafalloy Prolite Shaft
Hybrid - Titleist 909H 19deg with a Aldila NV 85 Shaft
Irons - 4-7 Cobra Pro CB, 8-PW Cobra Pro MB with Dynamic Gold Shafts
Wedges - Vokey 54deg and 60deg with Dynamic Gold Shafts
Ball - Titleist ProV1x
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

Ian Poulter - WITB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ian Poulter - WITB   Ian Poulter - WITB I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 8:08 am

Wow. BUt I think what is really more impressive with Mr. Poulter is what is in his garage.

"I have 26 different colours for just this model." He is talking about his Footjoys.
Back to top Go down
Cobra
Cobra Staff
Cobra

Ian Poulter - WITB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ian Poulter - WITB   Ian Poulter - WITB I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 8:16 pm

Just a quick update on Ian's bag. He has put the ZL driver in play at Singapore Open.
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

Ian Poulter - WITB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ian Poulter - WITB   Ian Poulter - WITB I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 8:21 pm

He did well too. Birdies in a row after he warmed up. On the more difficult 9. I reckon he got a real good chance to win it.
Back to top Go down
Http://thescarletibis.wordpress.com
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

Ian Poulter - WITB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ian Poulter - WITB   Ian Poulter - WITB I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 9:50 pm

he also playing combo set?? half MB half CB? wah...

dont think ian poulter can win it, he tends to crack on final day..
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

Ian Poulter - WITB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ian Poulter - WITB   Ian Poulter - WITB I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 2:06 pm

I just realised there's no mention of my fav club of his - the putter. Ian Poulter - WITB Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

Ian Poulter - WITB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ian Poulter - WITB   Ian Poulter - WITB I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 8:39 pm

S70B wrote:
I just realised there's no mention of my fav club of his - the putter. Ian Poulter - WITB Icon_scratch

I saw he used a scotty earlier...
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

Ian Poulter - WITB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ian Poulter - WITB   Ian Poulter - WITB I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 9:11 pm

He bungled up his game in the first 9 which included a double bogey from a watered ball. But, the ZL is freakin' cool Smile
Back to top Go down
rocky
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
rocky

Ian Poulter - WITB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ian Poulter - WITB   Ian Poulter - WITB I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 9:24 pm

It's a Guerin Rife. That's why no mention. It's one of those Newport/Anser lookalikes. Confirm not a Scotty. Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

Ian Poulter - WITB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ian Poulter - WITB   Ian Poulter - WITB I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 10:04 pm

Saw it on tv too, didn't quite get a close up, but it's either one of these two

http://rifeputters.com/products/island/26/antigua/

http://rifeputters.com/products/ibf-tour/32/aussie-black/

http://rifeputters.com/products/ibf-tour/32/aussie-black/

More likely it's the silver version of the IBF Aussie.
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

Ian Poulter - WITB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ian Poulter - WITB   Ian Poulter - WITB I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 10:44 pm

Thanks. Yes, I read it before it was a Rife too but I was wondering why there wasn't a mention about it even if it wasn't a SC or a Cobra club. Ian Poulter - WITB Icon_tongue

I also notice during the Ryder Cup how much the toe sits up during his address. Mebbe he likes it that way.
Back to top Go down
rocky
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
rocky

Ian Poulter - WITB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ian Poulter - WITB   Ian Poulter - WITB I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 10:54 pm

S70B:

Alamak... that's because the person who posted this thread is from Cobra/Acushnet.
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

Ian Poulter - WITB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ian Poulter - WITB   Ian Poulter - WITB I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 10:59 pm

Thanks for the info. I thought I saw him with the scotty studio style cover just now...
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

Ian Poulter - WITB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ian Poulter - WITB   Ian Poulter - WITB I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 11:01 pm

daveaha wrote:
Thanks for the info. I thought I saw him with the scotty studio style cover just now...

Not surpriseing Daveha. I interviewed a Nike staff player who had a Nike putter cover on his SC Newport 2.
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

Ian Poulter - WITB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ian Poulter - WITB   Ian Poulter - WITB I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 11:06 pm

Yeah well, I just think it should be good general info for all and no offense even if its not a company product. Some players just use what works for them just like TW and his famous SC wand even though he is a Nike player.
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

Ian Poulter - WITB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ian Poulter - WITB   Ian Poulter - WITB I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 11:15 pm

Ur welcome S70B. I have a Rife 2 bar blade sitting at home, but i just can't get it to sit square at address. Something to do with the S bend shaft which is like the Odyssey Rossie series, just throws my eye and set up off. But the the feel is really sweet, not as soft and dead as Odyssey with their inserts, more like a soft click with no skid and almost immediate roll.

I also have a tendency for the toe to sit up at address, even though I know that's supposed to pull the putt left, can't help myself sometimes. Worked for Isao Aoki, the original toe up tour player, and now Ian Poulter, lol.
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

Ian Poulter - WITB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ian Poulter - WITB   Ian Poulter - WITB I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 11:15 pm

I think it is the same everywhere. Go tm site and you see their staff players missing woods or wedges or putters. Some are missing balls. It is probably a policy that they can only comment on their products.
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

Ian Poulter - WITB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ian Poulter - WITB   Ian Poulter - WITB I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 11:27 pm

It is not a given that just because they are signed to the brand that they will always be using the latest clubs or that all fourteen clubs in the bag will be of the same brand. Players often have provisos in equipment contracts that allow them to play certain clubs they are more comfortable with. Be it the driver, fairway woods, wedges, or putter.

Many players still use the TaylorMade V series of fairway woods for example, not willing to give them up cos they are generally thought to be the most superior model to date, even though the V series is practically a dinosaur.

Tiger himself himself switched gradually to Nike equipment. Think he started with the irons first, playing Titleist Drivers for a couple of years before switching. And it seems Nike has not come up with a putter to his standards yet. Evidenced also by how popular Nike putters are even with amateurs I suppose.
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

Ian Poulter - WITB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ian Poulter - WITB   Ian Poulter - WITB I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 11:31 pm

Yep. I think Callaway is the most strict with their equipment contracts though. You don't see 1 of their players bagging anything else from other brands, even their balls.

I know what you mean about the V-Steel. Its still my back up and the feel off it is alot better than most FW I have played.

NIke has had duds forever with their putter line...until now. Wait till you go try out the METHOD. This thing just flat out works on getting a roll.
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

Ian Poulter - WITB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ian Poulter - WITB   Ian Poulter - WITB I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 11:34 pm

moon is playing v steel happily

back to topic:

i suppose Cobra has no authority to comment on a club which the player is not contracted to play. What if they state the club and the player decides to put another one into play? That would bad for both Cobra and the player. Thus they would only list the clubs that they know for sure what is happening as it is in their official capacity to comment.
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

Ian Poulter - WITB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ian Poulter - WITB   Ian Poulter - WITB I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 11:39 pm

Well, I guess its about contract and legal obligations then.

I wun think its the latter cos the OP stats 'As of now....' so the WITB list should be current for this week.
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

Ian Poulter - WITB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ian Poulter - WITB   Ian Poulter - WITB I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 11:45 pm

S70B wrote:
Yep. I think Callaway is the most strict with their equipment contracts though. You don't see 1 of their players bagging anything else from other brands, even their balls.

I know what you mean about the V-Steel. Its still my back up and the feel off it is alot better than most FW I have played.

NIke has had duds forever with their putter line...until now. Wait till you go try out the METHOD. This thing just flat out works on getting a roll.

Never really thought about it, but yeah, ur right! Possibly also cos Callaway does make somewhat superior products across the board. I would consider them the most well rounded through their entire equipment line.

Lol, with a name like METHOD? The putter may work, but the name sure doesn't! But I'll give it a try for sure. I have much respect for your evaluations S70B. Ty for the recomendation. Now to see how it sets up for me, lol.
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

Ian Poulter - WITB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ian Poulter - WITB   Ian Poulter - WITB I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 11:55 pm

Yikes! My cred is on the line! Ian Poulter - WITB Icon_lol

I will still go try it out when it launches. Despite all the claims on it being the same, the proto might still feel alot diff from the retail model.
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

Ian Poulter - WITB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ian Poulter - WITB   Ian Poulter - WITB I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 12:32 am

ooo heard the driver off the tee today! sounded nice and powerful! too bad he's +4 for the round so far.. the ZL headcover looks badass as well. Smile
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

Ian Poulter - WITB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ian Poulter - WITB   Ian Poulter - WITB I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 1:47 am

S70B wrote:
Yikes! My cred is on the line!

I will still go try it out when it launches. Despite all the claims on it being the same, the proto might still feel alot diff from the retail model.

Haha.. don't worry, putters are a very personal thing. I don't particularly like Scotty Camerons myself, yet there are die hard SC players here by the tons. Even if it's some obscure brand but works for me, I'll take it. That's why my Kevin Burns 1st gen 9314 is my wand. Only danger is, it's my only wand, still no backup. Actually got, still in some 2nd hand shop in BKK. Damn, should have got it, also another KB putter. Still thinking about it. Sigh....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ian Poulter - WITB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ian Poulter - WITB   Ian Poulter - WITB I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ian Poulter - WITB
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next