Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ian Poulter's Interview after winning the Barclay's Singapore Open

Go down 
+3
ralphlim
S70B
Birdman
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

Ian Poulter's Interview after winning the Barclay's Singapore Open Empty
PostSubject: Ian Poulter's Interview after winning the Barclay's Singapore Open   Ian Poulter's Interview after winning the Barclay's Singapore Open I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 12:06 pm

Exclusive peek for here at GR!

Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Ian Poulter's Interview after winning the Barclay's Singapore Open   Ian Poulter's Interview after winning the Barclay's Singapore Open I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 1:01 pm

Nice. Good one there.

Not the friendliest of professionals but decent enuff to answer the questions with grace and wit.
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Ian Poulter's Interview after winning the Barclay's Singapore Open   Ian Poulter's Interview after winning the Barclay's Singapore Open I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 1:09 pm

I think some journalists were afraid to pop any questions, it was the shortest winner's interview ever. Where my video stopped was about where it ended, 10 min. Jeev Milka Singh was bombarded with questions for a good half hour last year.

Poulter is smart, answers with political correctness in public, but one on one, he'll as soon bite ur head off when he thinks you ask a stupid one. Surprised he held back when someone asked if his driver being stolen last year pushed him to want to win this year.

Couldn't believe he didn't know the specs of his driver. Guess he's not too technical, if it works, just use it. Think we all can learn something from that, lol.
Back to top Go down
ralphlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ralphlim

PostSubject: Re: Ian Poulter's Interview after winning the Barclay's Singapore Open   Ian Poulter's Interview after winning the Barclay's Singapore Open I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 1:51 pm

Nice clip Birdman... being in the media indeed does have its benefits, i dont get to stand on back of a buggy with a camera slung ard the neck being driven... caught any pics of Phil on flight 14 i thk... ??

Phil is a lot friendler and cool guy, he really made effort for his fans at the scoring booth, in particular the kids...

But congrats to Ian, good recovery from the double-bogey....well deserved win!!
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Ian Poulter's Interview after winning the Barclay's Singapore Open   Ian Poulter's Interview after winning the Barclay's Singapore Open I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 2:57 pm

Yeah it does have it's benefits Ralph, still work though, but fun work. Haha.. you caught me topang-ing a ride with the 100 Plus boys eh. Not all the time can, must see who and see colour also, you'd be surprised.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Ian Poulter's Interview after winning the Barclay's Singapore Open   Ian Poulter's Interview after winning the Barclay's Singapore Open I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 3:36 pm

Personally, I respect Ian for playing good golf but I dislike his playing persona. I think he could be nicer. He doesn't need to be as nice as Phil but can surely be more approachable or amiable.
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Ian Poulter's Interview after winning the Barclay's Singapore Open   Ian Poulter's Interview after winning the Barclay's Singapore Open I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 4:26 pm

Yup, Think he sometimes got more pms that all the ladies present at the Open.

I did like him winning it though, and pr wise, quite a dapper front face for the Barclays Open.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Ian Poulter's Interview after winning the Barclay's Singapore Open   Ian Poulter's Interview after winning the Barclay's Singapore Open I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 5:32 pm

I would've preferred it if Mcdowell won, to be honest.

That said, Ian played some superb golf and deserves the win.
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

PostSubject: Re: Ian Poulter's Interview after winning the Barclay's Singapore Open   Ian Poulter's Interview after winning the Barclay's Singapore Open I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 6:21 pm

to be honest, he only played well in the first 2 rounds, but his last 2 rounds were not that spectacular rounds of golf. he was -12 by round 2.

anyway, as u can tell, i'm not much of a ian poulter fan.
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PostSubject: Re: Ian Poulter's Interview after winning the Barclay's Singapore Open   Ian Poulter's Interview after winning the Barclay's Singapore Open I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 6:28 pm

think he conducted himself pretty well both during and after the tournament.. he was pretty charming in that interview. hate arsenal though.. Razz
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Ian Poulter's Interview after winning the Barclay's Singapore Open   Ian Poulter's Interview after winning the Barclay's Singapore Open I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 6:43 pm

Well, coming coming out of the gate like a bat out of hell gave him a 5 stroke lead by the 3rd round. After that, just play safe and take no risks lor. I prefer playing that way too, not that I can.... Easier to maintain than chase like siao..

Ironfist, you didn't see Ian throw temper in front of the grandstand on the 9th green. Wanted to whack the ground then threw his club. He's one of those you either love or hate, lol.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Ian Poulter's Interview after winning the Barclay's Singapore Open   Ian Poulter's Interview after winning the Barclay's Singapore Open I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 6:47 pm

I'm more in the latter category.

But I can't tell what it is... whether it's his arrogance or penchant for the dramatic (like his clothes) which signifies a crave for attention?
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PostSubject: Re: Ian Poulter's Interview after winning the Barclay's Singapore Open   Ian Poulter's Interview after winning the Barclay's Singapore Open I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 7:36 pm

haha i'm more for aggression and a little bit more outward expression as opposed to those who are deadpan and calm throughout. sure they've got to keep their focus but i'd love to hear them mutter a expletive or take it out on their putter once in a while. makes for good viewing! Smile

of course someone shouldn't be cursing and swearing the entire 18 holes that'll be too much.. but once in a while spices up the gentleman's game just that little bit more.
Back to top Go down
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
botak

PostSubject: Re: Ian Poulter's Interview after winning the Barclay's Singapore Open   Ian Poulter's Interview after winning the Barclay's Singapore Open I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 5:01 pm

Some tour players need to realise that without the media and fans, they'd be playing for peanuts or searching for used balls while playing their competitive round.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ian Poulter's Interview after winning the Barclay's Singapore Open   Ian Poulter's Interview after winning the Barclay's Singapore Open I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ian Poulter's Interview after winning the Barclay's Singapore Open
Page 1 of 1