Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

few hdcp questions

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
d1g
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

few hdcp questions Empty
PostSubject: few hdcp questions   few hdcp questions I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 1:51 pm

Hi guys

been reading the handicap thread but, as a foreigner used to EGA system I still have a few question marks. I don't have an handicap yet, but when I left Europe my status allowed me to play any course as I've passed the rules test and practice test.

If I got it right, what I should do now is to collect 5x18 scorecards at any SG course and then apply for a courtesy round. Is it correct?

As for my question marks, are only SG courses scorecards allowed or those 5 scorecards can also be from Indonesian (of course I'm thinking of Batam or Bintan) or Malaysian courses?

Given that time can be an issue, is there any 9 holes course here in SG which scorecard would be recognized for handicap purposes (of course I understand I would have to provide more scorecards than 5)?

Thanks to everybody who will answer!
Back to top Go down
shimizu.toruk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
shimizu.toruk

few hdcp questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: few hdcp questions   few hdcp questions I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 2:18 pm

Any course with course and slope rating will be accepted, regardless of location. As for 9 hole course, same condition apply (need course n slope rating) which means your 9 hole par-3 executive courses (Mandai, NSRCC, JCC) can't be used to calculate your HCP coz got no course/slope rating.

Think you need either 5 x 18-hole or 10 x 9-hole scorecards for your HCP calculation.

Hope this helps!
Back to top Go down
zakevich
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
zakevich

few hdcp questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: few hdcp questions   few hdcp questions I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 6:10 pm

You can submit batam, bintan or local scorecards as long as it has USGA slope/ course rating. The courtesy round is the most impt which you are require to pass. If you are a member of a country club, usually they have in-house examiner but if you do not, u need to look for a affiliated club of the SGA which will conduct and help you maintain your HCP scores.
Back to top Go down
d1g
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

few hdcp questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: few hdcp questions   few hdcp questions I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 11:01 am

Thanks guys, now it's clear!
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

few hdcp questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: few hdcp questions   few hdcp questions I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 12:12 pm

Some information can be found here.

http://www.golfrepublic.org/t15691-usga-handicap-related-faq
Back to top Go down
d1g
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

few hdcp questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: few hdcp questions   few hdcp questions I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 10:40 am

Thank you.

As a matter of fact, are there any courses in SG, Bintan, Batam or other places nearby more suitable for somebody who's collecting his first scorecards? I don't necessarily mean extremely easy courses, but I refer to 18 holes courses where generally beginners go and where also management takes your status into consideration while planning the flights (so not to slow down the pace etc).
Back to top Go down
aling
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

few hdcp questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: few hdcp questions   few hdcp questions I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 8:28 pm

Like to hijack this thread but still in topic.
Has anyone gotten your hdcp at Palm SpringS Golf Club @ Batam through the $212 hdcp package (hdcp test plus 1 year hdcp maintenance plus ferry fees). Play the 18hole with the pro and get your hdcp afterwards. Very tempting.
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

few hdcp questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: few hdcp questions   few hdcp questions I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 9:15 pm

d1g wrote:
Thank you.

As a matter of fact, are there any courses in SG, Bintan, Batam or other places nearby more suitable for somebody who's collecting his first scorecards? I don't necessarily mean extremely easy courses, but I refer to 18 holes courses where generally beginners go and where also management takes your status into consideration while planning the flights (so not to slow down the pace etc).

If u drive, Johor is the best option. Palm villa is an extremely friendly course and buggies are allowed on the course after 9.30am.

If u don't drive, batam course are empty on weekdays.

On weekends every course is going to be more full and pace of play becomes more of an issue.

If u must play on weekends, choose Sunday pm, less people especially in Batam.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

few hdcp questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: few hdcp questions   few hdcp questions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

few hdcp questions
Page 1 of 1