Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Noobie Questions

Go down 
+5
chinchiachun
shorthitter
mUAr_cHEe
Gray
SiNNeR
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SiNNeR
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
SiNNeR

Noobie Questions Empty
PostSubject: Noobie Questions   Noobie Questions I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 2:15 am

New here

1) If my ball landed on the green, can I use a wedge to chip near the hole ? What if i create a divot on the green, will i be penalised ?

2) If my ball landed inside a bunker, can I practise swing inside the bunker ?

3) If my ball landed inside hazard-rough (red stick), can I practise swing inside the hazard ?

Hopefully some gurus can help me answer these questions ? scratch
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

Noobie Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noobie Questions   Noobie Questions I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 8:46 am

SiNNeR wrote:
Noobie Questions 744254

1) If my ball landed on the green, can I use a wedge to chip near the hole ? What if i create a divot on the green, will i be penalised ?

No. dont think u can

No. dont think u can. but if u play w me, you can.

3) If my ball landed inside hazard-rough (red stick), can I practise swing inside the hazard ?

Yes no problem.

Hopefully some gurus can help me answer these questions ? Noobie Questions Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

Noobie Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noobie Questions   Noobie Questions I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 8:52 am

i beg to differ.

1. i do not think there is a rule to stop u from using any other club on the greens. if my memory did not fail me, i think tiger did use a wedge on the edge of the green before to top the ball and it went into the hole! no penalties for divots as there is no mention of it. but nothing is stopping the club from billing you for green damage.

2. you can take airy practise swings, just cannot strike the sand to test the sand.

3. same as the bunkers. you can take air practise swings, but cannot strike any part of the ground. i.e., long grass. striking will result in 1 stroke penalty.

this i am very sure.
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

Noobie Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noobie Questions   Noobie Questions I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 9:02 am

Wah really ah....that means I have been doing all the wrong things liao.....kekeke
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

Noobie Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noobie Questions   Noobie Questions I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 9:07 am

SiNNeR wrote:
New here

You can chip but should'nt, there is no rule that says you have to use a particlar club in a particular situation. There are some greens that actually have bunkers in the middle of them, (Pulai Springs used to have one) so if you are on the green but wrong side of the bunker you either chip or putt around it. So unless you have total control of your wedge and can chip without taking a divot, I wouldnt the club would not be very happy.

So long as you do not touch the sand no problem.

Same thing, if you have practice swing and touch even 1 blade of grass you are penalised.

Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
chinchiachun
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
chinchiachun

Noobie Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noobie Questions   Noobie Questions I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 9:10 am

SiNNeR wrote:
New here

Sinner, play 10 years of golf liao still don't know the rules. Some more say you new here, Chocolate Chocolate Banana. You were the one who introduce me to this forum mind you.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

Noobie Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noobie Questions   Noobie Questions I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 9:11 am

what i see in PGA tour events is that they do take practise swings in the bunker, but they just do it in the air.

my pre-shot routine is that i would walk behind the ball to visualise the ball flight out of the bunker and then go address in the bunker and take the shot. i will also do alot of practise swings inbetween, from standing behind the ball up to when i am addressing the ball.

that has helped me alot. i have my own set of bunker tips as well but that is for another thread.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

Noobie Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noobie Questions   Noobie Questions I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 9:12 am

kiwi, am i right about 1 stroke penalty or is it 2?
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

Noobie Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noobie Questions   Noobie Questions I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 9:13 am

i hate them bunkers
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

Noobie Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noobie Questions   Noobie Questions I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 9:14 am

chinchiachun wrote:
Chocolate Chocolate Banana. You were the one who introduce me to this forum mind you.

Whew... such language...... lol!
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

Noobie Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noobie Questions   Noobie Questions I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 9:15 am

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
kiwi, am i right about 1 stroke penalty or is it 2?

I would have to check my little book of knowledge but I think its 2.....
Back to top Go down
Roystonnn
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

Noobie Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noobie Questions   Noobie Questions I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 9:19 am

Wa! UL told me cannot swing in the bunker!!
Lied to me! Very Happy

But I din noe that at hazard rough cannot touch even a single blade of grass.
Now I knoe..
Back to top Go down
chinchiachun
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
chinchiachun

Noobie Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noobie Questions   Noobie Questions I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 9:30 am

shorthitter wrote:
chinchiachun wrote:
Chocolate Chocolate Banana. You were the one who introduce me to this forum mind you.

Master, for you will be Carslberg Carslberg Baron. Anyway i owe you a couple of beer. Your professional answer just won me a free game courtesy of my Chocolate Chocolate Banana friend Mr. Sinner. Cheers mate.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

Noobie Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noobie Questions   Noobie Questions I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 9:33 am

Your club cannot touch the ground in a hazard. That was one of the first few things I learned... must be because my coach told me this like 2483274723 times. With bunkers, it's more obvious. However, with other hazards, people sometimes forget.
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

Noobie Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noobie Questions   Noobie Questions I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 9:35 am

chinchiachun wrote:
SiNNeR wrote:
New here

Sinner, play 10 years of golf liao still don't know the rules. Some more say you new here, Chocolate Chocolate Banana. You were the one who introduce me to this forum mind you.

Wallow!!!

Early in the morning lie to the forum orede...

Sinner, you are definately not considered a newbie lor.......

Better go for confession....
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

Noobie Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noobie Questions   Noobie Questions I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 9:38 am

So back to the issue at hand.

So when you are on the rough, your wedge/iron/club cant touch the ground? Not even at set-up??
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

Noobie Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noobie Questions   Noobie Questions I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 9:42 am

chinchiachun wrote:
shorthitter wrote:
chinchiachun wrote:

Master, for you will be Carslberg Carslberg Baron. Anyway i owe you a couple of beer. Your professional answer just won me a free game courtesy of my Chocolate Chocolate Banana friend Mr. Sinner. Cheers mate.

Good boy, bring them with you if you ever return...... lol!
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

Noobie Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noobie Questions   Noobie Questions I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 9:44 am

rough is ok.

we are talking about hazards marked with red stakes. you cannot ground your club or take practise swing altering the ground in areas marked by red stakes.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

Noobie Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noobie Questions   Noobie Questions I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 9:45 am

nientsu wrote:

So when you are on the rough, your wedge/iron/club cant touch the ground? Not even at set-up??

Why not? It depends, of course, what you mean by rough. If it's the casual rough then I think it's ok. But, if the rough is a hazard (like OOB areas) then it's a no-no.
Back to top Go down
Roystonnn
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

Noobie Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noobie Questions   Noobie Questions I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 9:50 am

Technospaz wrote:
nientsu wrote:

Why not? It depends, of course, what you mean by rough. If it's the casual rough then I think it's ok. But, if the rough is a hazard (like OOB areas) then it's a no-no.

OOB mus play at last played position right?
Means this hazard rough thing doesn't apply to OOB situation eh?

The last game I played at Kukup..
I hit ball outside red stake but din go into water.
So ball is at the edge of the grass beside water.
But I practise swing on the grass.. I touched hundreds of blades. keke. Razz
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

Noobie Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noobie Questions   Noobie Questions I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 9:51 am

can touch grass....can ground club....just don do the MissyWie thingy....where during the takeoff for her backswing...she move the grass and supposedly coz the ball to move a bit lor......it is on hazzard that you cunt...die die cunt
Back to top Go down
chinchiachun
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
chinchiachun

Noobie Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noobie Questions   Noobie Questions I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 9:56 am

Bro, rough is rough as in muff is muff, shaved or not. No such thing as casual rough leh. Difference is determined by the stake, red, yellow, white or blue.
Back to top Go down
Roystonnn
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

Noobie Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noobie Questions   Noobie Questions I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 9:57 am

Can we define what is hazard rough??
Is my situation at Kukup considered as hazard rough?
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

Noobie Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noobie Questions   Noobie Questions I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 9:59 am

chinchiachun wrote:
Bro, rough is rough as in muff is muff, shaved or not. No such thing as casual rough leh. Difference is determined by the stake, red, yellow, white or blue.

I call it "casual rough" so that mentally, I'm not put off by it. But it's true... the stakes designate what is a hazard and what is not.
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

Noobie Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noobie Questions   Noobie Questions I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 10:08 am

If it is inside a Red or Yellow stake or line, it is Hazard and you cannot ground club..

If it is OOB White stake you must replay shot from place you hit it from. no other option..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Noobie Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noobie Questions   Noobie Questions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Noobie Questions
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next