Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...?

Go down 
+34
slinger
asahi
mloy
Technospaz
sywog
peace2903
4dtoto
Suzuki
DGman
missmoon
jimmychoo
mowen
sob
blee67
nientsu
InTheHole!
Duval_S
watermyforrest
mUAr_cHEe
golfbuzz
Batman
Begbie
audi
Lee36328
bogeyman72
Slicer51
TheFocalPoint
simoner
garylin
WaterWoo
eiji
andrew-golf
jeffman88
chien
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...?   Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 9:02 am

watermyforrest wrote:
Why so harsh? lol!

because its you.......
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...?   Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 9:04 am

In light of all these and the rest of the things happening around the world...

I will like to wish our Muslim frens.....selamat hari raya

Our Hindu frens.....an advanced Deepavali

and our christian frens...way advance Merry Xmaas

and to all......may the rest of the 2012 be a blessed and safe and peaceful one to all.

Now...pls go back to commenting on forum treatment....
Back to top Go down
InTheHole!
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...?   Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 9:05 am

I moderate on an international forum - GOLFWRX. Its hard work, and you can never please everyone all of the time...... if I may suggest something here, if there are any members who feel hard done by, then perhaps you can make the informed decision whether to take it and continue as a forum user, or otherwise, quit this forum altogether. The choice is entirely yours to make.

As a moderator, we have to always take the "high road", and suffer from the abuses etc. Easier said than done, but after a while, the skin grows thicker and people get less sensitive too. I have learnt from my earlier "lowball" episode, and since I decide to continue to use this forum, I remind myself tothread carefully and be polite ALL the time....

my 2 cents worth....
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...?   Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 9:08 am

eiji wrote:
For those that think I was harsh, would you like to volunteer your services to contribute to the forum. I mention this was not a one off incident which resulted in the temporary ban, I have received various complains against Alliandy Golf, and until we resolves those issues. It would be safer for the rest of the forum. We try our best to prevent scams from happening in this forum and hence are strict about certain rules regarding sales of golf items.

Sorry Eiji if i have offended you..

I mean no harm... Peace I understand the difficulties in maintaining law and order in the forum..

You have your job to do and I respect that..

None of us know about the various complaints against Alliandy. Perhaps we are not in the position to know either.. But I am sure many of us are also curious what did he do, so criminal to have his account locked.. Was it fraud or somebody here got cheated of his/her money ??

On contribution to the forum, I would love to help out if needed.. In fact I wanted to before, but that is another totally different matter. And I am pretty sure many of the bros here would be willing too..

If any of the Moderators feel that they are not appreciated, they could always step down. And if the Moderators feel that there is a need to get fresh blood in, post a thread to ask for volunteers.. I know for sure there would be people who are happy to help, just like some bros I read who have been kind enough to collate orders for group purchases etc.. I applaud all these kind souls...

I am not here to point fingers nor kick up a war.. I am merely voicing what i feel after reading some very nasty posts over the last few months.. We all want this forum to be a great place for people to interact, share, learn and make friends.. Let's not get carried away and forget our cyber responsibilities.. That extends to maintaining certain decorum and ethics in communication...

Face Hug

Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...?   Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 9:10 am

Hi all

As Eiji mentioned, the ban was imposed until further clarifications.

Guys, before you guys jump the gun and comment on our heavy handedness, do bear in mind that there are rules to follow when selling equipment here in GR. We take a strict view against sale of imitation goods and profiteering from purchases. But because all of us are volunteers and have day jobs, we cant be as vigilent as we hope to be and as a result, a few may have slipped though the system. We too have to carik makan as well. So do bear with us on this. There are many out there who sell imitation stuff or try to profit from our members here by buying cheap and selling at a profit.

That said, if you think that you can contribute, or do a better job than us. We are happy to take in new moderators. those interested, pls PM any of us.

Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...?   Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 9:10 am

The majority of us are generally within reason and we know due diligence have been carried out by moderators... what appears to us may not be what transpired behind...

Or at least what appears is a bunch of folks came and start flaming and next post he was banned.

I think so far the folks just voice out a "bit harsh".... Its not slamming on moderators in my opinion.. just many are wondering why...

And like MC said.. moderating is a thankless job so give them a break too...
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...?   Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 9:33 am

Duval_S wrote:

and to all......may the rest of the 2012 be a blessed and safe and peaceful one to all.

Dear Boss,

I have studied the contents of your reply to this thread carefully and my response is as follows;

I noted that you have failed to mentioned for the Buddhist, Taoist, Catholic, Satanic and Free-thinking groups in Singapore. This is discriminatory of you and I find that distasteful and against my principles. In my tenure of employment with you so far, I have always enjoyed my time with you despite the various and challenging positions that you put me up to.

However, after a long and hard consideration, I have decided to tender my immediate resignation to you as your sexretary as I find it against my principles to work for someone who is discriminating as you and also to your monthly practice of eating some obscure animal organ with your winnings from your monthly medals.

I thank you for your time and guidance since I have been working under you. I wish you all the best in your future games and I look forward to beating you in my next game with you.

Best Regards,
mUAr_cHEe
Free Man
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...?   Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 9:38 am

chien wrote:
If any of the Moderators feel that they are not appreciated, they could always step down.

People have stepped down before. Read the OLD OLD threads and you will know who.

chien wrote:
And if the Moderators feel that there is a need to get fresh blood in, post a thread to ask for volunteers..

Mods and Caddies are machiam Prime Minister. They are appointed. Thats the policy here anyway. If anyone is interested in becoming a help, feel free to PM any coloured nick and they will bring up to Higher Management and they will decide.

Be warmed that your history will be scrutinized. Credit History dug out. Tailed for 3 months to ensure that you are clean. Oh wait. That is for position...

Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...?   Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 9:40 am

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
Duval_S wrote:

Dear Boss,

However, after a long and hard consideration, I have decided to tender my immediate resignation to you as your sexretary as I find it against my principles to work for someone who is discriminating as you and also to your monthly practice of eating some obscure animal organ with your winnings from your monthly medals.

If you resign from this thankless job, who will organize our game?
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...?   Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 9:43 am

Begbie wrote:

i think easier if we organize a game btwn ourselves.. at least lesser chance of aeroplane flying.
Back to top Go down
InTheHole!
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...?   Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 9:45 am

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
Begbie wrote:

i think easier if we organize a game btwn ourselves.. at least lesser chance of aeroplane flying.

Hahaha, reminds me of a friend of mine at Keppel, every time fly aeroplane such that we become 3 ball flight. Sometimes he will turn up at the 13th or 14th hole to play 3 /4 holes only...
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

PostSubject: Re: Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...?   Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 9:46 am

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
Duval_S wrote:

Dear Boss,

I have studied the contents of your reply to this thread carefully and my response is as follows;

I noted that you have failed to mentioned for the Buddhist, Taoist, Catholic, Satanic and Free-thinking groups in Singapore. This is discriminatory of you and I find that distasteful and against my principles. In my tenure of employment with you so far, I have always enjoyed my time with you despite the various and challenging positions that you put me up to.

I thank you for your time and guidance since I have been working under you. I wish you all the best in your future games and I look forward to beating you in my next game with you.

Best Regards,
mUAr_cHEe
Free Man

Wah lau! very funnie! LOL thanks for the morning laugh! time to go find some muah chee to eat....
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...?   Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 9:49 am

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
Begbie wrote:

So MC, when are we having a game ah?
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...?   Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 9:49 am

wow, let cool down gentleman. I am sure nobody is pointing finger at anybody. I also understand Mod had a set of rules to follow to keep this forum in the right path too.

In fact, I am on BBM with Alliandy golf now. I called him Mr. Aldy. He says he do not mean to cause trouble to anybody and perhaps he might has done something incorrect without realizing it.

I have suggested that he post to explain the situation and resolve this miss understanding. He told me that he is unable to log in now to do it.

I also suggest that, let forget about it and let the matter rest and move on but he asked me for my help as GR is important to his golf business since he already have many requested for golf rates through member of GR.

I do not know why I am doing this as I do not gain anything through this but since I know him by his name and would like to just pass his messages.

Dear Mod, please let me know what he can do to resolve this miss understanding to release from the ban? can he just write / whatapp / BBM directly to you ?

Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...?   Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 9:53 am

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
Begbie wrote:

lets do it Smile
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...?   Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 9:54 am

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
Duval_S wrote:

Dear Boss,

Best Regards,
mUAr_cHEe
Free Man

lol! That is funny !
Back to top Go down
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
sob

PostSubject: Re: Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...?   Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 9:59 am

Slicer51 wrote:
In fact, I am on BBM with Alliandy golf now. I called him Mr. Aldy. He says he do not mean to cause trouble to anybody and perhaps he might has done something incorrect without realizing it.

I have suggested that he post to explain the situation and resolve this miss understanding. He told me that he is unable to log in now to do it.

I also suggest that, let forget about it and let the matter rest and move on but he asked me for my help as GR is important to his golf business since he already have many requested for golf rates through member of GR.

I do not know why I am doing this as I do not gain anything through this but since I know him by his name and would like to just pass his messages.

+1

Dear Mods, think we should give the man a chance to explain.
Let's not be too quick on the draw.
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...?   Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 10:05 am

like I said, its a one day temp ban, he shouldn't be banned already.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
mowen
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mowen

PostSubject: Re: Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...?   Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 10:13 am

InTheHole! wrote:
mUAr_cHEe wrote:
Begbie wrote:

Hahaha, reminds me of a friend of mine at Keppel, every time fly aeroplane such that we become 3 ball flight. Sometimes he will turn up at the 13th or 14th hole to play 3 /4 holes only...

I also kanna a few times ... also at Keppel .. Hopefully this Thu won't kanna
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...?   Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 10:15 am

mowen wrote:
I also kanna a few times ... also at Keppel .. Hopefully this Thu won't kanna

mervyntan in china. he has already flown.
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...?   Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 10:18 am

eiji wrote:
like I said, its a one day temp ban, he shouldn't be banned already.

Thank you Eiji, understood. I will inform him.
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...?   Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 10:27 am

Slicer51 wrote:
wow, let cool down gentleman. I am sure nobody is pointing finger at anybody. I also understand Mod had a set of rules to follow to keep this forum in the right path too.

Dear Mod, please let me know what he can do to resolve this miss understanding to release from the ban? can he just write / whatapp / BBM directly to you ?

Thanks Bpk..

Anda adalah seorang laki-laki baik bpk

Beer

Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

PostSubject: Re: Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...?   Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 10:44 am

I got a traffic summon some days ago for making an illegal U-turn in Clementi Ave 3.
I wrote in a letter to the TP explaining to them that I am in fact making a right turn into a school but found that the school gate was closed, I can't reverse and thus move forward and the action look like a U-turn to the TP standing not far away. They don't accept my explanation by telling me that I am still against the traffic rule and hence has to take the penalty.
Back to the banning issue here, the mod has to exercise the necessary action when they find something fishy, I don't think there is anything wrong here. Just like what the TP did, they have some rules to follow and as a user, I need to stick to their rule. The different here is the mods are more lenient, they are more open to explanation.
Bias? I have been warned twice in this forum for some reason and you know what, most of the mods here are very good friend of mine including Moon and Sunny. I expect for some bias here but I get none.... nbz
Harsh? Ya, when they serve me the warning. Now? I will ask them out for a game of golf and settle it on the course. Razz
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...?   Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 10:57 am

ROFL

bro, I wish yours never kena warning... last time I definitely check everytime you post something, just in case got new things to see.
Back to top Go down
missmoon
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
missmoon

PostSubject: Re: Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...?   Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 11:05 am

jimmychoo wrote:
I got a traffic summon some days ago for making an illegal U-turn in Clementi Ave 3.
I wrote in a letter to the TP explaining to them that I am in fact making a right turn into a school but found that the school gate was closed, I can't reverse and thus move forward and the action look like a U-turn to the TP standing not far away. They don't accept my explanation by telling me that I am still against the traffic rule and hence has to take the penalty.
Back to the banning issue here, the mod has to exercise the necessary action when they find something fishy, I don't think there is anything wrong here. Just like what the TP did, they have some rules to follow and as a user, I need to stick to their rule. The different here is the mods are more lenient, they are more open to explanation.
Bias? I have been warned twice in this forum for some reason and you know what, most of the mods here are very good friend of mine including Moon and Sunny. I expect for some bias here but I get none.... nbz
Harsh? Ya, when they serve me the warning. Now? I will ask them out for a game of golf and settle it on the course. Razz

Logical and good analogy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.golfrepublic.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...?   Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is it Necessary to be So Harsh on other Forum Members...?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next