Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Putter feels Harsh

Go down 
+6
r510tp
samT
simoner
pushslice
TheFocalPoint
Khorkar
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

Putter feels Harsh Empty
PostSubject: Putter feels Harsh   Putter feels Harsh I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 11:58 pm

I have a scotty 1.5, have it for probably year now, the only problem is that I seldom game with it. Partly, I felt that it feels kinda harsh. Very clicky. Is there anyway or anything I can use to dampen the feel besides using softballs, changing grip or shafts? Anything else that I can do...??

Appreciate yr advice..
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

Putter feels Harsh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putter feels Harsh   Putter feels Harsh I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 6:06 am

Buy the TM-101 putter. Smile
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

Putter feels Harsh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putter feels Harsh   Putter feels Harsh I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 6:09 am

Hi KK

first, who is she?

Ok, i totally understand what you mean by the harsh click on impact. I was a scotty user before switching to Zen. Thought Scotty was soft, until i tested Zen. Zen's trick is the F360 graphite shaft. The shaft is designed to dampen harsh vibrations.

You can ask Dgman if the f360 flow motion graphite shaft is available for sale (to match with other heads).

Or maybe ask wizgolf if they have graphite shafts with similar attributes.

all else fail, its just the head design and material. E.g. I tried yarra's bronze yamada putter at the den, even with steel shaft, i swear that is the softest feeling putter ive tried. Its available for sale.
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
simoner

Putter feels Harsh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putter feels Harsh   Putter feels Harsh I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 6:32 am

Play more often with it and try to use "soft feel" balls rather than distance balls.
Back to top Go down
samT
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
samT

Putter feels Harsh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putter feels Harsh   Putter feels Harsh I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 10:33 am

Khorkar wrote:
I have a scotty 1.5, have it for probably year now, the only problem is that I seldom game with it. Partly, I felt that it feels kinda harsh. Very clicky. Is there anyway or anything I can use to dampen the feel besides using softballs, changing grip or shafts? Anything else that I can do...??

Appreciate yr advice..
KK,

I thought that's how Scotty should feel, hahaha. If you don't like the feel, just sell lor. Can switch to Zen, Yes, or RIFE. These use grooves which may give you a different feel. I am not sure about shafts in putter. Some ppl tell me there is a diff, I am sure you can try it out for yourself.
Back to top Go down
r510tp
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Putter feels Harsh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putter feels Harsh   Putter feels Harsh I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 12:36 pm

Actually my experience with most Scotty putters have been quite nice and soft. Very Happy Smile

Other than soft balls, grips and shafts, I think you try:

1. Checking / adjusting the lie angle and length of the putter
This is very important to ensure correct putter surface contact. Too low gives a very harsh dead feel. The ball should contact the putter face about half the height of the putter face from the ground up. And the putter face should contact the ball at or slightly above the ball's equator.

2. Checking your putting style
This maybe open for debate, but most golf instructors advocate hitting down slightly with the putter. Translated, this means your hands should be in front of the putter head when the putter face contacts the ball. Again, this step ensures the ball meets the "sweet spot" of the putter face.

3. Checking / adjusting the swingweight and total weight of the putter
Very light clubs almost always feel dead whatever ball we use. And clubs feel light or heavy depending on our individual strength. Try adding a piece of lead tape to the back of the putter until it feels comfortable to your hands.

Scotty Cameron Smile
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

Putter feels Harsh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putter feels Harsh   Putter feels Harsh I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 2:14 pm

because its KK so this is my advice for him. this message is not meant for anyone else.

next week a bunch of guys are going to resurface the tennis court at Laguna.

bring your putter there and get the guys to give your putter face 3 micron coating. add tooth picks for RDE effect. final coat with clear lacquer and you should be on your way to a softer feeling putter.

i hope you like green.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

Putter feels Harsh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putter feels Harsh   Putter feels Harsh I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 2:19 pm

Laughing nice one boss......eh you just missed a nice juicy steak

KK, you know what to do. Even Benny got his from Sungei Road.
Back to top Go down
samT
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
samT

Putter feels Harsh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putter feels Harsh   Putter feels Harsh I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 2:26 pm

KK - Why you so special? Hahaha...
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

Putter feels Harsh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putter feels Harsh   Putter feels Harsh I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 3:04 pm

I can sell you my Scotty with insert, can't get softer Scotty than that.

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

Putter feels Harsh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putter feels Harsh   Putter feels Harsh I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 5:02 pm

Sigh... this scotty really giving me a lot to think of. If I am mad enough, I might really give DGman's idea a thought. Good thing I am traveling else there will be news of a crazy golfer stealing resurface materials in Laguna. RDE is the way to go.

I wonder if plaster resin will work.........

@pushslice... she is hot ya... But I dont know her, I happen to see pic on china snapshot in news website. Razz

Last edited by Khorkar on Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

Putter feels Harsh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putter feels Harsh   Putter feels Harsh I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 6:54 pm

tape the face..even though its illegal.

Back to top Go down
Bellatang
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Putter feels Harsh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putter feels Harsh   Putter feels Harsh I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 10:36 am

You might want to head to Bob's Golf Shop at Rangoon Road...they have this machine that can tell you how many oscillations your shaft makes and if it fits your height!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Putter feels Harsh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putter feels Harsh   Putter feels Harsh I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Putter feels Harsh
Page 1 of 1