Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ladies club feels and hit better, is it me or is it normal?

Go down 
+19
watermyforrest
nientsu
mloy
Tian
Duval_S
samT
fabian03
smallhorse
escyb
zixter
JetA1
Technospaz
kynoe_tan
uncleteh
remod
b.b.carabanesis
purple2311
Roystonnn
hoppie
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
hoppie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

Ladies club feels and hit better, is it me or is it normal? Empty
PostSubject: Ladies club feels and hit better, is it me or is it normal?   Ladies club feels and hit better, is it me or is it normal? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 4:01 pm

Whenever i tried hitting with my Wife's Irons (Mizuno Efil) or my friend's Irons (Mizuno Opti), the percentage of good ball flight is very high, seems much easier to hit than my men's set of irons (BTW, i am a guy but skinny and Tall).

I can continuously hit balls and achieve good ball flight and straight, does that means Ladies club are more suitable for me? Man's clubs feels heavier, yes i maybe getting more distance with the men's club, typically my 7i is the same distance as the ladies 5i but the ladies club has more consistent launch/distance.

Typically, i feel more comfortable holding a lighter clubs than the heavy ones. Is it normal for everyone? I tried measuring the Ladies 5i is the same length as the men's 7i.

I recently custom fitted a set of Ping G15, they recommended me SR(Soft Regular) Steel which is about 20g heavier than the Regular graphite. I hope i will not regret my decision later.
Back to top Go down
Roystonnn
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ladies club feels and hit better, is it me or is it normal?   Ladies club feels and hit better, is it me or is it normal? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 6:49 pm

Bro, i felt the sane when usr my wife mizuno club also. Hahaha!
There was once i got the urge to bring it to green. Haha!!!
Back to top Go down
purple2311
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ladies club feels and hit better, is it me or is it normal?   Ladies club feels and hit better, is it me or is it normal? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 8:12 pm

hoppie wrote:
Whenever i tried hitting with my Wife's Irons (Mizuno Efil) or my friend's Irons (Mizuno Opti), the percentage of good ball flight is very high, seems much easier to hit than my men's set of irons (BTW, i am a guy but skinny and Tall).

I can continuously hit balls and achieve good ball flight and straight, does that means Ladies club are more suitable for me? Man's clubs feels heavier, yes i maybe getting more distance with the men's club, typically my 7i is the same distance as the ladies 5i but the ladies club has more consistent launch/distance.

Typically, i feel more comfortable holding a lighter clubs than the heavy ones. Is it normal for everyone? I tried measuring the Ladies 5i is the same length as the men's 7i.

I recently custom fitted a set of Ping G15, they recommended me SR(Soft Regular) Steel which is about 20g heavier than the Regular graphite. I hope i will not regret my decision later.

I second that bro! basically u r not alone. Wink
Back to top Go down
b.b.carabanesis
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
b.b.carabanesis

PostSubject: Re: Ladies club feels and hit better, is it me or is it normal?   Ladies club feels and hit better, is it me or is it normal? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 9:35 pm

You guys are in touch with your feminine side.
Back to top Go down
remod
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
remod

PostSubject: Re: Ladies club feels and hit better, is it me or is it normal?   Ladies club feels and hit better, is it me or is it normal? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 9:53 pm

hoppie wrote:

I can continuously hit balls and achieve good ball flight and straight, does that means Ladies club are more suitable for me? Man's clubs feels heavier, yes i maybe getting more distance with the men's club,

Its only natural to hit higher (since ladies clubs are loftier in natural to mens & shorter in length. "Think of hitting a 6iron vs a 9iron" --> a 9iron will naturally have a higher ball flight due to its loft.

For "forgiviness", a larger cavity is standard for ladies clubs vs mens clubs --> so it translate to an easier hit.

ISNT IT JUST LOGICAL???
(take a look at LPGA vs PGA LeaderBoard Standings)(The standings on the LeaderBoard shows that it takes lesser points to be in one than the other)
Back to top Go down
uncleteh
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ladies club feels and hit better, is it me or is it normal?   Ladies club feels and hit better, is it me or is it normal? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 10:13 pm

I play w steel clubs b4, then regular graphite but settled with senior graphite clubs although i not really that senior, i think the point is as long as one is comfortable n e clubs u choose gives u the confidence den it really doesn't matter if its a ladies club ... wats important to me is i have better scores and fun out of the game, playing within one ability, macho or not is jst a matter of face. For me as long as I enjoys it I cannot be bothered about comments by others coz they are not me .... its my game and purely my own enjoyment from the clubs i choose to play.
Back to top Go down
hoppie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ladies club feels and hit better, is it me or is it normal?   Ladies club feels and hit better, is it me or is it normal? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 11:57 pm

uncleteh wrote:
I play w steel clubs b4, then regular graphite but settled with senior graphite clubs although i not really that senior, i think the point is as long as one is comfortable n e clubs u choose gives u the confidence den it really doesn't matter if its a ladies club ... wats important to me is i have better scores and fun out of the game, playing within one ability, macho or not is jst a matter of face. For me as long as I enjoys it I cannot be bothered about comments by others coz they are not me .... its my game and purely my own enjoyment from the clubs i choose to play.

Seems like not all manufacturer offers Senior graphite, can't find the shaft at Ping website, they only have the Regular Graphite.
Back to top Go down
kynoe_tan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ladies club feels and hit better, is it me or is it normal?   Ladies club feels and hit better, is it me or is it normal? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 3:01 pm

does any guys really use ladies clubs in the green?

My wife is completely opposite, both of us prefer to use men's irons
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Ladies club feels and hit better, is it me or is it normal?   Ladies club feels and hit better, is it me or is it normal? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 3:02 pm

I say use whatever makes you happiest. If the clubs work, then that's what counts. I've tried a ladies driver before. I've discovered that I slice regardless of what driver you put in my hand. Sigh...
Back to top Go down
kynoe_tan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ladies club feels and hit better, is it me or is it normal?   Ladies club feels and hit better, is it me or is it normal? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 3:11 pm

For me I'm quite fine with men's clubs ...

but when my wife used my clubs to play, we get funny looks from people ... wonder what they are thinking in their mind.
Back to top Go down
JetA1
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
JetA1

PostSubject: Re: Ladies club feels and hit better, is it me or is it normal?   Ladies club feels and hit better, is it me or is it normal? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 3:16 pm

kynoe_tan wrote:
For me I'm quite fine with men's clubs ...

but when my wife used my clubs to play, we get funny looks from people ... wonder what they are thinking in their mind.
cos apart from playing ur clubs, ur wife played the balls too ROFL
Back to top Go down
zixter
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ladies club feels and hit better, is it me or is it normal?   Ladies club feels and hit better, is it me or is it normal? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 12:58 am

Will the ladies club break easily if used too much by a man with an average male swing?
Back to top Go down
escyb
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
escyb

PostSubject: Re: Ladies club feels and hit better, is it me or is it normal?   Ladies club feels and hit better, is it me or is it normal? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 2:05 am

uncleteh wrote:
For me as long as I enjoys it I cannot be bothered about comments by others coz they are not me .... its my game and purely my own enjoyment from the clubs i choose to play.

Well Said!! I play with different flexes between my woods, hybrids n irons. Feels very comfortable to me and I end up enjoying my game more.
Back to top Go down
smallhorse
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ladies club feels and hit better, is it me or is it normal?   Ladies club feels and hit better, is it me or is it normal? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 10:58 am

hoppie wrote:

I have this feeling too.
Playing others clubs feels great.

I get same distance using a ladies driver against my R5. (I suck!)
Back to top Go down
fabian03
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ladies club feels and hit better, is it me or is it normal?   Ladies club feels and hit better, is it me or is it normal? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 10:38 pm

hi all, New here . i know it's Topic OFF
I am looking for a set of clubs for my wife. do let me know if anyone is looking to sell their set.

And seriously, I am not trying to find an excuse to buy a ladies set for myself to use. Laughing Thanks!
Back to top Go down
samT
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
samT

PostSubject: Re: Ladies club feels and hit better, is it me or is it normal?   Ladies club feels and hit better, is it me or is it normal? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 12:29 am

Not sure if it is true...I was told that the iron heads for ladies are exactly the same as those for men, just different colour. Perhaps hybrid/wood too. Same goes for the shafts too (but probably lower flex since generally lady do swing slower). Perhaps it could be that most golf clubs are merely packaged to appeal to different target groups of buyers, based on the typical swing profiles of these groups.

So, if a bloke finds a "lady" set more suitable, then it probably means that the specs for the particular "lady" set is the right one for him. I am sure a good club fitter can build a "man" set based on those specs, without the fancy colours.

Just my 2c.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ladies club feels and hit better, is it me or is it normal?   Ladies club feels and hit better, is it me or is it normal? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 8:44 am

bro,,,,,we all have a femine side inside us....many times we just don let it out.

like one wellknown leader in the land-of phlem spitting.......don care what cat, can catch mouse is a good cat.

ps: I will hate myself if I got beaten by a bloke carrying lady-set......but I can get used to it.
Back to top Go down
Tian
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Tian

PostSubject: Re: Ladies club feels and hit better, is it me or is it normal?   Ladies club feels and hit better, is it me or is it normal? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 1:20 pm

I think i'm a perfect example, played like crap with my own set.

Got fed up and took my girlfriend's set out for a round, came back with one of my lowest scores ever.

I was really tempted to use her set on a permanent basis but i think due to stupid ego issues, couldn't bring myself to do it.
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: Ladies club feels and hit better, is it me or is it normal?   Ladies club feels and hit better, is it me or is it normal? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 1:26 pm

Tian wrote:

Got fed up and took my girlfriend's set out for a round, came back with one of my lowest scores ever.

I was really tempted to use her set on a permanent basis.

You don't say, she don't say & I don't say... who is to know you are using a lady set. Razz
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Ladies club feels and hit better, is it me or is it normal?   Ladies club feels and hit better, is it me or is it normal? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 1:34 pm

Then again, i know some people who beleives that if you are the clubs meant for the opposite sex, it will destroy your swing. I find this hard to believe. But apparently, a lot of coaches tell their students not to use clubs not meant for your gender.
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: Ladies club feels and hit better, is it me or is it normal?   Ladies club feels and hit better, is it me or is it normal? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 1:34 pm

Well... Now we all know Razz
Back to top Go down
Tian
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Tian

PostSubject: Re: Ladies club feels and hit better, is it me or is it normal?   Ladies club feels and hit better, is it me or is it normal? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 1:52 pm

mloy wrote:
Tian wrote:

I was really tempted to use her set on a permanent basis.

You don't say, she don't say & I don't say... who is to know you are using a lady set. Razz

Hahaha, like I've said the the ego tht is acting up.

Actually, i think its the fact that ladies clubs are softer and lighter thus guys don't feel the need to force the swing.

When one doesn't force his/her swing, the result will naturally be better??
Back to top Go down
Ryan Lee
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Ryan Lee

PostSubject: Re: Ladies club feels and hit better, is it me or is it normal?   Ladies club feels and hit better, is it me or is it normal? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 3:01 pm

Tian wrote:

I was really tempted to use her set on a permanent basis but i think due to stupid ego issues, couldn't bring myself to do it.

Lowest Score ever!!.. Bro, u should stick to this set and sell ur callie, and many pple will be chop. Maybe most of ur kaki will switch to a lady set afterthat flower

Ego aside, look at Yong Chun boxing, which originated for lady, but Master Yip Man played the Y C style to a superior level. Who dares say its for girl & will get his ass whip. (like the movie) Stretcher

Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Ladies club feels and hit better, is it me or is it normal?   Ladies club feels and hit better, is it me or is it normal? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 3:38 pm

they are termed ladies for marketing purposes... if u like pink, you can have the paint fill pink... so if a lady can use men's clubs means they are men like??

Nothing wrong using a softer flex if it is better for you... ppl laugh at u u just show them your score... see who has the last laugh...

Tian, i got a feeling tat if u use them for a few more rounds, they may not feel as good...
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ladies club feels and hit better, is it me or is it normal?   Ladies club feels and hit better, is it me or is it normal? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 6:03 pm

average asian men height closer to the avg ang mo lady height?? (according to Wiki, that itself should be taken with a grain of salt)

SG men avg is 5'7" and US white ladies avg is 5'5" where US white male is 5'10". Malaysian avg men are 5'5" same as US ladies!!!!!!

therefore the shorter shaft length suits both?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ladies club feels and hit better, is it me or is it normal?   Ladies club feels and hit better, is it me or is it normal? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ladies club feels and hit better, is it me or is it normal?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next