Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

playing in genting highland is fun

Go down 
+3
peace2903
Golfer Guy
mi5trooper
7 posters
AuthorMessage
mi5trooper
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

playing in genting highland is fun Empty
PostSubject: playing in genting highland is fun   playing in genting highland is fun I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 11:50 pm

everybody, next time we must go genting highland for a game of golf. the air is cooling, not very must of sweat, and the ball fly further then usual. the cost is weekday $115 only (2 to go) and no need caddy.

i was there but i only 1 to go, as the sur-charge for single is quite high, so i opt for 9 hole only. anyway, i want to say is, any one wanna go with me next time? hehe......
Back to top Go down
Golfer Guy
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: playing in genting highland is fun   playing in genting highland is fun I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 12:04 am

Don't tee off too early though, or you won't be able to track your ball through the morning mist. Agree that the climate is absolutely glorious!
Back to top Go down
peace2903
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: playing in genting highland is fun   playing in genting highland is fun I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 4:50 am

but i heard the grd is tooi soft to enjoy golf.... true?
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: playing in genting highland is fun   playing in genting highland is fun I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 6:11 am

peace2903 wrote:
but i heard the grd is tooi soft to enjoy golf.... true?

I take it the course is the Awana Genting.

During the monsoon season, that would be the case.

But now that it is so dry and hot, it shouldn't be a problem. The highland cool weather would be a nice respite from the hot days we are having at sea level.

Another nice course nearby would be the Berjaya Hills Bukit Tinggi course. Also quite cool, and with its better drainage, no plugging issue even during monsoon.

The courses are a bit short, but tight and winding. So accuracy is a premium.

Both are wonderfully scenic. Don't forget to stop by Gohtong Raya for some food and coffee. Because the water up there is so pure and clean, everything including the coffee tastes better. After a round of golf, you'll have a hearty appetite.
Back to top Go down
Golfer Guy
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: playing in genting highland is fun   playing in genting highland is fun I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 11:00 am

Bukit Tinggi is a wonderful golfing challenge, mature course with tree lined fairways and smallish greens, so there is a premium on accuracy. Personally I feel that the maintenance can be better.

1 more very important thing to note, make sure that you see your bag being loaded into your car or bus when leaving, one of the guys in my group lost his bag of Honma clubs, someone obviously had pinched it.
Back to top Go down
Peterinjb
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: playing in genting highland is fun   playing in genting highland is fun I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 11:29 am

played Awana a few years back, was very disappointed as ground was soft and balls plug, also the greens were strewn with leaves and pine straws...maintenence could be better...but weather was cool.

was at bukit tinggi last yr but didn't play there, course looks nice weather also not so hot, will definately want to try it. stay at the tropical colmar, a french village/castle mockup. rooms r 3 star in my opinion tho.
Back to top Go down
NikeN
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
NikeN

PostSubject: Re: playing in genting highland is fun   playing in genting highland is fun I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 11:44 am

How wish GR can organize a tour game, Genting -> Port Dickson -> Malacca -> JB. cheers
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: playing in genting highland is fun   playing in genting highland is fun I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 12:15 pm

U start Le?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: playing in genting highland is fun   playing in genting highland is fun I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

playing in genting highland is fun
Page 1 of 1