Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

golf at Genting or Cameron?

Go down 
+4
yaozza07
TDO
enwee
greenteaz
8 posters
AuthorMessage
greenteaz
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
greenteaz

golf at Genting or Cameron? Empty
PostSubject: golf at Genting or Cameron?   golf at Genting or Cameron? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 2:50 pm

Anyone tried taking the tour bus at beach Road to go genting or Cameron with your whole golf bag?

Any issues with the customs/bus/etc?
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: golf at Genting or Cameron?   golf at Genting or Cameron? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 2:56 pm

Genting better of cos, provided your bus driver is not sleeping.Very Happy 

But given a choice, I would not go either. Play in Melaka or KL better.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: golf at Genting or Cameron?   golf at Genting or Cameron? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 3:10 pm

I dislike playing Genting Awana Course. Ball always kena plug and sometimes cannot find it too. 

If taking tour bus, be prepared to bring the golf bag up and down the down for customs check at Malaysia side (going in) and Singapore side (coming back). Too much of a hassle. I would prefer to drive there with friends.
Back to top Go down
yaozza07
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: golf at Genting or Cameron?   golf at Genting or Cameron? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 3:13 pm

I played Bukit Tinggi few years ago, one of the best courses in the country (partly due to beautiful weather).
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: golf at Genting or Cameron?   golf at Genting or Cameron? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 3:31 pm

yaozza07 wrote:
I played Bukit Tinggi few years ago, one of the best courses in the country (partly due to beautiful weather).
Yup! Agree that Bt Tinggi is a better option. But watch out for plenty of monkeys.Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
yaozza07
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: golf at Genting or Cameron?   golf at Genting or Cameron? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 3:56 pm

TDO wrote:
yaozza07 wrote:
Yup! Agree that Bt Tinggi is a better option. But watch out for plenty of monkeys.Very Happy 
It's ok la, just don't simply put food in your buggy and store your valuables in the bag (not in the buggy cup holders). Monkeys won't bother you if you don't bother them. 

Apart from the weather, the view is great too. On some parts you can see Colmar Tropicale at the background and some parts beautiful natural green mountains. I really recommend this course (provided it has not deteriorated)
Back to top Go down
de_moschino
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: golf at Genting or Cameron?   golf at Genting or Cameron? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 4:10 pm

Awana quite soggy, I prefer Bukit Tinggi.
Back to top Go down
Batman
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Batman

PostSubject: Re: golf at Genting or Cameron?   golf at Genting or Cameron? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 4:11 pm

Agree w TDO on Awana golf course that is near to Genting. Tee off swee swee, split the fairway...
walk there, sway sway, cannot find ball... + now 7th month. so lagi wont find ball! affraid 
Back to top Go down
greenteaz
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
greenteaz

PostSubject: Re: golf at Genting or Cameron?   golf at Genting or Cameron? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 4:19 pm

Eh...my question was on the bus... not the conditions of the course. Hahahahah
Back to top Go down
IceShelterX
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: golf at Genting or Cameron?   golf at Genting or Cameron? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 4:27 pm

hahaha sound very bad cannot find balls... i plan to go play too when holiday to genting.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: golf at Genting or Cameron?   golf at Genting or Cameron? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 4:44 pm

Eh...my question was on the bus... not the conditions of the course. Hahahahah

Eh, I answered your question liao leh.

"If taking tour bus, be prepared to bring the golf bag up and down the down for customs check at Malaysia side (going in) and Singapore side (coming back). Too much of a hassle. I would prefer to drive there with friends."
Back to top Go down
Gofnut
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: golf at Genting or Cameron?   golf at Genting or Cameron? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 5:45 pm

If you have to travel by bus, I would suggest that you take a smaller golf bag and make do with less clubs. I manage to stuff 11 clubs into my compact travel bag and still enjoyed a decent game.
Played in Camerons last August. 9 holes were under renovation and not sure if it is completed and open for play. When I was there, the renovation looks almost completed and the course was beautiful. If its rainy season, the balls do get plugged on the cow grass fairways so be prepared for it. The joy of playing there is of course the cool weather and fresh air. Used to be able to play for unlimited rounds for the whole day but not sure if this is still applicable. There is a special rate for senior citizens so if you qualify, do check with the registration clerk. There are quite a lot of Japanese retirees there. Good place to relax and enjoy! Don't forget to try the Highland tea and scones at the tea shop nearing Tanah Rata (when approaching from the direction of Tapah. If travelling from Ipoh, it will be after Tanah Rata town).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: golf at Genting or Cameron?   golf at Genting or Cameron? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

golf at Genting or Cameron?
Page 1 of 1