Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is getting a Handicap necessary?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
snakeman
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Is getting a Handicap necessary? Empty
PostSubject: Is getting a Handicap necessary?   Is getting a Handicap necessary? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 3:53 pm

i had played in many golf courses and i still managed to get in the course without a valid handicap, especially JB courses.

For SG courses, some require swing test and your're ready to play.

So do you guys think its necessary to get a valid Handicap?

Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Is getting a Handicap necessary?   Is getting a Handicap necessary? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 4:09 pm

places like US and Australia many courses also no need but locally we got too many players and everyone want to be fast. So this is the only way to do it eventhough it's not fool proof.
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Is getting a Handicap necessary?   Is getting a Handicap necessary? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 10:35 am

Hi bro, its all up to you rather than getting others opinions whether it is advantages to get HC in Singapore or not. JB is not much of an issue in non premium clubs. Just that when you have a group of your best kakis going to play in most clubs in Singapore and you can't join them because you don't have an official HC, then you just got to it a pass. So if you think that you are satisfied currently without HC and you are happy playing that way, by all means, give it a pass. Like I said, its your choice. My 2cts worth.

titu
Back to top Go down
snakeman
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is getting a Handicap necessary?   Is getting a Handicap necessary? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 2:25 pm

Apart from joining a club, what is the best and cheapest way to maintain a Handicap?
Any suggestions? thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
renode
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
renode

PostSubject: Re: Is getting a Handicap necessary?   Is getting a Handicap necessary? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 3:09 pm

For those that do not want to join country clubs, try those SGA affiliated clubs such as MGK, which will maintain your handicap for an annual fee. You can find the list of SGA affiliated clubs in SGA website.

I used to be a member of Golfers.SG but their benefits are dwindling. In my opinion, golfbuddy network has quite gd benefits when you join.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Is getting a Handicap necessary?   Is getting a Handicap necessary? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 8:12 pm

renode wrote:
For those that do not want to join country clubs, try those SGA affiliated clubs such as MGK, which will maintain your handicap for an annual fee. You can find the list of SGA affiliated clubs in SGA website.

I used to be a member of Golfers.SG but their benefits are dwindling. In my opinion, golfbuddy network has quite gd benefits when you join.
SAFRA also got a handicap maintainence service.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is getting a Handicap necessary?   Is getting a Handicap necessary? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is getting a Handicap necessary?
Page 1 of 1