Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Does noise bother u during your turn to hit he ball?

Go down 
+34
buzz1211
Lee36328
mengteck71
LousyGolfer
mcmug
meia07656
watermyforrest
nirvana2638
jimmychoo
Turbo
slinger
shimizu.toruk
TDO
glim
Technospaz
NikeN
dmateo
Golfer Guy
JohnBGLee
mizzy
Slicer51
mi5trooper
Bangla123
pocketace
sob
weesern
audi
peace2903
asahi
pushslice
Cyp_PGA
hkhamateur
Cyrano
Duval_S
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

Does noise bother u during your turn to hit he ball? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does noise bother u during your turn to hit he ball?   Does noise bother u during your turn to hit he ball? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 9:50 am

pushslice wrote:
I was marshaling at HSBC, the pros were chipping or putting. I put up the quiet please sign to the crowd. Everybody kinda stopped walking and standing still.

Then a big plane landed nearby vrrroooaaaarrr!...see how inconsequential my quiet sign was at that moment? Laughing

unless we golf on a vacuum or on some remote course with nobody around, not even birds chirpin, gotta deal with noise hor

Whahaha.... Laughing
I was there, marshallg too. Wink
Can understand. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Does noise bother u during your turn to hit he ball?   Does noise bother u during your turn to hit he ball? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 10:04 am

Yes, especially when it's my flightmates yelling FORE/BALL in anticipation of my crappy shot Sad
Back to top Go down
glim
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Does noise bother u during your turn to hit he ball?   Does noise bother u during your turn to hit he ball? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 11:17 am

for me it does , but usually i just smile and shrugged it off ...
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Does noise bother u during your turn to hit he ball?   Does noise bother u during your turn to hit he ball? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 11:30 am

Noise from Mother Nature is very acceptable and comfortable for me. It sort of put me at ease with my game. Face Hug

Noise from fellow golfers who talk loudly and their hyena laughter when someone is about to take his shot is intolerable as these golfers have this lack of courtesy and etiquette for others. Mad
Back to top Go down
shimizu.toruk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
shimizu.toruk

PostSubject: Re: Does noise bother u during your turn to hit he ball?   Does noise bother u during your turn to hit he ball? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 1:14 pm

On range, I try to head towards where the loud talkers are...Can practice mental focus as well while hitting shots :-D
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Does noise bother u during your turn to hit he ball?   Does noise bother u during your turn to hit he ball? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 1:41 pm

Slicer51 wrote:
I guess I am okay when it is noisy but the sudden noise that really kill especially during my downswing Stretcher

my dear shi xiong......

i heard that the more sex u have, u will less likely be distracted by all sorts of noises......
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Does noise bother u during your turn to hit he ball?   Does noise bother u during your turn to hit he ball? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 1:43 pm

audi wrote:
yeah i think by keeping focus on your shot, you wont get bothered by the noises around you. well, unless its sudden noise.

I agree that if the noise is consistent (e.g. already exists even before one tee off) it is fine but definitely not a sudden shriek coming from no where ...
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

PostSubject: Re: Does noise bother u during your turn to hit he ball?   Does noise bother u during your turn to hit he ball? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 1:54 pm

Noise only bother me when I am not playing well. cyclops
Back to top Go down
nirvana2638
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Does noise bother u during your turn to hit he ball?   Does noise bother u during your turn to hit he ball? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 2:41 pm

Turbo wrote:
audi wrote:
yeah i think by keeping focus on your shot, you wont get bothered by the noises around you. well, unless its sudden noise.

I agree that if the noise is consistent (e.g. already exists even before one tee off) it is fine but definitely not a sudden shriek coming from no where ...

Agree wif Bro Turbo..
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: Does noise bother u during your turn to hit he ball?   Does noise bother u during your turn to hit he ball? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 3:26 pm

slinger wrote:
Slicer51 wrote:
I guess I am okay when it is noisy but the sudden noise that really kill especially during my downswing Stretcher

my dear shi xiong......

i heard that the more sex u have, u will less likely be distracted by all sorts of noises......

Not truth, dear shi xiong .. I always have allot of sex but hearing still the same " well trained to make sure I hear her husband is coming back " hehehehe albino
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: Does noise bother u during your turn to hit he ball?   Does noise bother u during your turn to hit he ball? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 5:27 pm

I'm always bothered by the white noise...
Back to top Go down
meia07656
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Does noise bother u during your turn to hit he ball?   Does noise bother u during your turn to hit he ball? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 6:23 pm

Noise doesn't bother me. 3 tone deaf amigos trying to sing the national anthem off key and not knowing words bother me.
Back to top Go down
mcmug
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Does noise bother u during your turn to hit he ball?   Does noise bother u during your turn to hit he ball? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 10:41 pm

I didn't think noise bothered me until I got distracted by a lawn blower in Kranji yesterday. Taking my second shot across water at 10th Tee. Behind the lawn blower was humming loud. My head keep thinking, shouldn't the lawn mower kill the engine when a golfer is addressing? Alas, I brought this thought into my address and you can guess what happen... I got a triple bogey Sad

Golf is a psychology game. If you are not distracted by ambient noise, you can play your game. Once the thought creeps into your head, you just can't shake it off.

BTW, in hole 13, another lawn mower was lurking behind. I held a whisper sign to that guy. He killed the engine immediately. But guess what? The moment I took my address, he fired up the engine and moved away... thinking that it will help me! I got a double B again...

BTW, what's up with Kranji and gardeners on a Sunday morning? HSBC Inter-club Youth Championship .... And the greens were fast!
Back to top Go down
LousyGolfer
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Does noise bother u during your turn to hit he ball?   Does noise bother u during your turn to hit he ball? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 11:40 pm

@McMug... that always happen at Kranji... the guys operating the machines always have their engines on and circle around the tee just when you are teeing up. Guess they must be having a game to see how many drives they can screw up. On the bright side, you can always treat it as a free mental coach.

Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Does noise bother u during your turn to hit he ball?   Does noise bother u during your turn to hit he ball? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 8:51 am

I noticed that this only happen in uniquely Singapore. I noticed that most of the time when playing in JB the gardeners would switch off the mowers. I think JB gardeners got better etiquette. Smile
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: Does noise bother u during your turn to hit he ball?   Does noise bother u during your turn to hit he ball? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 9:39 am

I totally agree with TDO. In indo courses also same as JB. I guess this have to blame the green committee for not explaining and enforcing such things
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Does noise bother u during your turn to hit he ball?   Does noise bother u during your turn to hit he ball? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 9:56 am

TDO wrote:
I noticed that this only happen in uniquely Singapore. I noticed that most of the time when playing in JB the gardeners would switch off the mowers. I think JB gardeners got better etiquette. Smile

mengteck71 wrote:
I totally agree with TDO. In indo courses also same as JB. I guess this have to blame the green committee for not explaining and enforcing such things

Likewise courses in KL, Selangor, Negeri Sembilan, places I've played. The maintenance crew will usually stop everything they are doing (no noise) and practically freeze (no movement) until we have all hit our shots and moved on.

Maybe in my case they are also watching my ball just in case they need to duck out of the way.

So, wondering why this does not happen in Singapore.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Does noise bother u during your turn to hit he ball?   Does noise bother u during your turn to hit he ball? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 10:28 am

Maybe in my case they are also watching my ball just in case they need to duck out of the "way."

They are probably watching and waiting to pick your ball in case it got lost and you don't know where it is. Laughing
Back to top Go down
buzz1211
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
buzz1211

PostSubject: Re: Does noise bother u during your turn to hit he ball?   Does noise bother u during your turn to hit he ball? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 11:30 am

The worse noise is the psyche type. Here's what I mean: Airforce short par 3 - 9 iron.
Friend gets ready and playing partner keeps saying not enough club, playing into wind. Then comments bunker is deep and woof, friend skulls. Now it's my turn. All quiet then the same playing partner coughs just before I hit the ball. Topped. Even when you hit a good shot, he will pass comments like "Going into water", "Not enough" and poof, our ball is on the green. Argh.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Does noise bother u during your turn to hit he ball?   Does noise bother u during your turn to hit he ball? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 11:33 am

buzz1211 wrote:
The worse noise is the psyche type. Here's what I mean: Airforce short par 3 - 9 iron.
Friend gets ready and playing partner keeps saying not enough club, playing into wind. Then comments bunker is deep and woof, friend skulls. Now it's my turn. All quiet then the same playing partner coughs just before I hit the ball. Topped. Even when you hit a good shot, he will pass comments like "Going into water", "Not enough" and poof, our ball is on the green. Argh.

My personal advice, stop playing with these type of golfer "friends". He will then realise why he have fewer and fewer friends inviting him for a game.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Does noise bother u during your turn to hit he ball?   Does noise bother u during your turn to hit he ball? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 3:19 pm

TDO wrote:
Maybe in my case they are also watching my ball just in case they need to duck out of the "way."

They are probably watching and waiting to pick your ball in case it got lost and you don't know where it is. Laughing

Ha ha, you may be right.

Once I was teeing off, I saw a head bobbing up and down in the water hazard I was trying to carry in a par 3. There was a concern I would hit him. need to cater for the wind, etc. With all that going on in my mind, somehow duff, and ball went straight into the water.

I paid him a couple of bucks on the spot to dive and recover my new proV1 with the dragon head. He gave me some additional ProV1 from his collection bag as well, so worked out to be a bargain since we cut the middle man out.

Thereafter, he followed us for a few holes, swimming in the hazard. But I got used to him and did not duff after that.

Now I know how all those used balls for sale are recovered.
Back to top Go down
buzz1211
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
buzz1211

PostSubject: Re: Does noise bother u during your turn to hit he ball?   Does noise bother u during your turn to hit he ball? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 3:29 pm

Agree with TDO. Unfortunately, sometimes obliged to play so I worked out that those games are for me to try silly shots. Try fade (some say slice), try draw (many say hook) and try the "I can get there if I pray real hard" shots.
Back to top Go down
SigmaOne
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
SigmaOne

PostSubject: Re: Does noise bother u during your turn to hit he ball?   Does noise bother u during your turn to hit he ball? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 5:54 pm

mcmug wrote:
I didn't think noise bothered me until I got distracted by a lawn blower in Kranji yesterday. Taking my second shot across water at 10th Tee. Behind the lawn blower was humming loud. My head keep thinking, shouldn't the lawn mower kill the engine when a golfer is addressing? Alas, I brought this thought into my address and you can guess what happen... I got a triple bogey Sad

Golf is a psychology game. If you are not distracted by ambient noise, you can play your game. Once the thought creeps into your head, you just can't shake it off.

BTW, in hole 13, another lawn mower was lurking behind. I held a whisper sign to that guy. He killed the engine immediately. But guess what? The moment I took my address, he fired up the engine and moved away... thinking that it will help me! I got a double B again...

BTW, what's up with Kranji and gardeners on a Sunday morning? HSBC Inter-club Youth Championship .... And the greens were fast!

Yesterday wrote to NSRCC abt grasscutter. They promise they will double up training and tell them to be more considerate while we tee off on the box. But due to high traffic, i believe some incidents are unavoidable. Do feedback to them and help them to correct this. Cheers Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.SigmaGolfStudio.com
pippin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
pippin

PostSubject: Re: Does noise bother u during your turn to hit he ball?   Does noise bother u during your turn to hit he ball? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 5:59 pm

Sebastian... you give me the impression that you are really very free... multiple sales posts... replies to all the threads... doing free marketing on GR

Honestly speaking, I really dun wanna know the kind deeds that you have done, the great prices that you gave to your customers... or who is seeing you at what time...

Is it ok to unclutter this forum and separate the noise from the advise.
Back to top Go down
BigblackGoof
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
BigblackGoof

PostSubject: Re: Does noise bother u during your turn to hit he ball?   Does noise bother u during your turn to hit he ball? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 8:44 pm

Hey pippin, i can't help but notice your above comments was bias... pse read thru the thread and if you think Sigma's making too much 'noise' then i guess you'll probably need to manage your expectation... this is not the FAQ website, its a forum for interaction and cut some slack from our daily stress...

Cool it and pse avoid bring your personal grievances, if any, to this forum...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does noise bother u during your turn to hit he ball?   Does noise bother u during your turn to hit he ball? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does noise bother u during your turn to hit he ball?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next