Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

When is breaking 80 legit!!?

Go down 
+13
Shanks!
Cyrano
LousyGolfer
pocketace
zhenxua
skybobo
blee67
Underdog
haragolfer
Technospaz
Aloyboy
TigaWood
TourSwing
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

When is breaking 80 legit!!? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: When is breaking 80 legit!!?   When is breaking 80 legit!!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 10:42 pm

DRGjr72 wrote:
Breaking 80 is a threshold that many golfers will never experience. Enjoy the accomplishment.

Thanks Dan ... If and when you have the time , would love to hear your thoughts on the journey to sratch golf ... Either here or maybe http://www.golfrepublic.org/t8359-sharing-experience-on-becoming-scratch-player

Interested in scratch golf rather than pro golf, the latter been discussed recently

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: When is breaking 80 legit!!?   When is breaking 80 legit!!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 11:11 pm

Hey tourswing, y don u share what happen that day? Eg....what did u do different ?

Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

PostSubject: Re: When is breaking 80 legit!!?   When is breaking 80 legit!!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 5:34 am

Sure Short Game Guru, let me begin with my round earlier in the week ... Shot a 100 at Sentosa Tanjong ... Worst round in many months ... Anything and everything that could go wrong actually did go wrong ... There came a point around the 10 th hole when i asked Guy and ZX what I could do to change things around .. And the consensus was to stop thinking and enjoy the game ... I birdied the next hole, but OB'd the next drive and things got from bad to worse ...

Playing a tournament next week (two man best ball , system 36) , so decided to practice with my partner .. Night golf mbgc white tees

Due to the format of the tournament I decided that I wanted to make as many birdies as possible and the $$$ was based on that as well ...

Birdied the 3rd hole ... But had a kevin na experience at the hole 5 in the woods ... Ended up with an 8 double par ... Since birdies was the name of the game I soldiered on unphased by the disaster ... Birdied the next hole par 5 .... And then birdied the par 3 hole 9 by chipping in ... Am especially proud of that as I had my playing partner walk across the green to mark his ball before i chipped , because i planned on chipping in ... As easy as that!!! Birdied 10 and 11 ... And went on to miss a number of other birdie putts during the course of the round ...

All in all was very happy with my performance ... And realized that a positive frame of mind makes all the difference .... From now onwards i intend on playing aggressive golf as that compliments my LANPAR game Smile

So a 77 despite a quad bogey ... and everything seems so simple and straightforward for now .. But Golf is a great game and it will have me scrambling again in no time ....

So if i have learned anything it is to be aggressive in an intelligent sort of way and need to stay positive through the good times and the bad !
Back to top Go down
LousyGolfer
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: When is breaking 80 legit!!?   When is breaking 80 legit!!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 7:32 am

Great game bro.... 77 is confirmed legit "break 80" no matter what tees it is off.

Best of luck for your tourney next week and looking forward to you posting some more good news soon!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When is breaking 80 legit!!?   When is breaking 80 legit!!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When is breaking 80 legit!!?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2