Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

anyone know of cheap golf membership??

Go down 
+15
TigaWood
icorpion
Duval_S
Batman
NikeN
schnell
hkhamateur
aerosmith10
steven_koh
Kenneth
Bangla123
efoong
enwee
uncleP
golf boy boy
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
LuvTurf
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
LuvTurf

anyone know of cheap golf membership?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: anyone know of cheap golf membership??   anyone know of cheap golf membership?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 5:43 pm

Cheapest may not always be the best - it's the entire package and that is rather subjective. One size does not fit all when it comes to golf memberships - that's why we have around 13 golf clubs (and more courses) squeezed in this little red dot and surprisingly, they can still co-exist and cope quite well .. Some considerations would be :

Golf Kakis, Accessibility of Golf Club, Playbility and Maintenance of Golf Course, Number of Golf Courses, Availability of Slots on your preferred golf days (weekdays or weekends), Remaining Land Lease, Hospitality and Service of Club Management, Level of Sociability of existing Committee and Ordinary Members, and finally ....

Budget - yes, that's admittedly still a factor but if the price is within what you can afford and the package is attractive, why not .. Term programs are not to be compared to full m'ships Think : Forking out a fraction of the cost for a year or 2 of golfing pleasure and having the freedom of freeing your remaining savings for a rainy day VS paying the lump sum for a full m'ship and be tied down and controlled by the secondary market. Many golfers choose to pay and play nowadays but if they can acquire a very short term program like RCC's, they can almost feel like a member and yet not be saddled with a full m'ship. If after a year or 2 and you get bored, you will be free to terminate the arrangement and move on without any extra baggage because by then, you would have enjoyed in return, hundreds of hours of pure golfing pleasure.

Notice that I did not even mention social facilities as most clubs have almost all of the regular amenities. What draws a golfer to take up a short term program or a long term m'ship is essentially still the golf course. Otherwise, he might as well just join a social or non-estate club ..

Back to top Go down
ProTee123
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: anyone know of cheap golf membership??   anyone know of cheap golf membership?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 6:59 pm

I have to agree with LuvTurf. There is other point to take note. Politics!! If the Club got to many politics, it would not be fun to join as a member. Wait kanna sue for whatever reason. hahaha.... It will be too late as I will lose out on the transfer fee. This 1 year Access programme from RCC, which I got to know recently, would help. If I can "click" with the members there, I can consider continue to renew the membership or join as a full member. If can't "click", i don't have to worry about losing the transfer fee.
Back to top Go down
ProTee123
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: anyone know of cheap golf membership??   anyone know of cheap golf membership?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 7:01 pm

I have to agree with LuvTurf. There is other point to take note. Politics!! If the Club got to many politics, it would not be fun to join as a member. Wait kanna sue for whatever reason. hahaha.... It will be too late as I will lose out on the transfer fee. This 1 year Access programme from RCC, which I got to know recently, would help. If I can "click" with the members there, I can consider continue to renew the membership or join as a full member. If can't "click", i don't have to worry about losing the transfer fee.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: anyone know of cheap golf membership??   anyone know of cheap golf membership?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 11:29 pm

All clubs also got politics lah. RCC last committee election causes quite a big hooha. SICC u see that they are now in some argument as well. Btw there's no club in singapore u get so call life time membership, not even SICC. When the lease on the land is up, they need $$ to lease from government again. So if the club got a lot of sinking fund. It'll not be a problem if not members had to pay and top up.

Fyi. Keppel still got abt 10-11 years on it's present location. They were saying about shifting but up till now no exact location or time yet.
Back to top Go down
kenahiro
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
kenahiro

PostSubject: Re: anyone know of cheap golf membership??   anyone know of cheap golf membership?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 11:43 pm

seebayho wrote:
chien wrote:
seebayho wrote:
LuvTurf wrote:

Raffles Country Club's special access program is real value for money ! Check it out lol!

RCC 6k for 1 year Vs Changi 10K life Va 20k kepple life

Hey bro.

This guy wants somewhere in the north la... If I'm right now nsrcc is $4 k for 10 years for 10 years??? Except you have to pay another $38 for weekday and slightly more for weekend games... kranji sanctuary so north you can even hear jb when you putt.... lol!

cheers

Oops, however anywhere in S'pore is still better than in JB.

NSRCC should be the cheapest now, there's 5 years term for 2K plus. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: anyone know of cheap golf membership??   anyone know of cheap golf membership?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

anyone know of cheap golf membership??
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2