Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Golf membership

Go down 
+31
kian
asahi
blee67
mtbdude74
golfkaki
dmateo
Leo
poresia
bkll
pushslice
and68low
ms tHe
watermyforrest
JohnBGLee
daveaha
eiji
mloy
hoppie
TigaWood
drawbias
duffader
bb2
jtek
Technospaz
jocheang
boboking
skybobo
nientsu
haragolfer
Duval_S
benjiaming
35 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
benjiaming
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Golf membership Empty
PostSubject: Golf membership   Golf membership I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 11:46 am

I am staying in the East side of Singapore (Bedok) and have been been playing golf for the past 10 years, mainly in Johor. Presently thinking about buying a golf membership in Singapore that cost less than $50K which includes Selear, RCC, Kepple, Jurong or OCC? Trying to weigh in the pros and cons of each course but seem tough to decide. Can anyone advise which is a better option to buy, in your opinion?
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

Golf membership Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf membership   Golf membership I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 12:15 pm

I like Seletar. The one thing you should consider is whether you have kakis to play there...else LPPL

Why seletar...thought its only one 18, the course layout is nice...and I think the golf activities there are also pretty good.....I do know they have a decent junior program.

Cant speak for the others, coz I donno enough.

BTW, I am not a member of any
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

Golf membership Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf membership   Golf membership I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 12:22 pm

buy safra nsrcc membership first. then look further.
Back to top Go down
benjiaming
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Golf membership Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf membership   Golf membership I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 1:45 pm

I am a weekend player only ... Safra is out as I understand it is very tough to get a slot on weekend plus don't have any kaki there.
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

Golf membership Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf membership   Golf membership I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 1:58 pm

Try for keppel.

I heard its the only (if not one of the few) memberships where you can 'pass down' the membership to your kids.
Back to top Go down
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

Golf membership Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf membership   Golf membership I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 2:31 pm

benjiaming wrote:
I am a weekend player only ... Safra is out as I understand it is very tough to get a slot on weekend plus don't have any kaki there.
It is not tough to get a slot on weekends
U just need fast hands and be ready at 5.59pm n Thu or Fri.
Then again, Sat am is tough, Sat pm no prob....likewise Sun am is also a bit tough but Sun pm....wah there's a lorry.

Kakis should not be a prob.
I have known many NSRCC weekend members here at GR. (Kian, Slinger, Titu, Bomby, Golf Beginner, MC, Steven, Adrain, Poresia, Drawbias)....thanks guys for the games, you are great.
Back to top Go down
benjiaming
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Golf membership Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf membership   Golf membership I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 2:35 pm

what about other clubs? I am kind of interested in RCC as it has 2x18 but not sure whether travelling back and forth from East to West and return would be a big hassle over a period of time?
Back to top Go down
boboking
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
boboking

Golf membership Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf membership   Golf membership I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 2:41 pm

Some would say RCC is the best value for money club with 2x18 holes at the $40K+ range. In the I would recommend to buy a club where most of your kakis will be playing else it will be too expensive for you and your non member kakis.
Back to top Go down
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

Golf membership Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf membership   Golf membership I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 2:52 pm

benjiaming wrote:
what about other clubs? I am kind of interested in RCC as it has 2x18 but not sure whether travelling back and forth from East to West and return would be a big hassle over a period of time?
Why not get a term membership at JCC?
Nearer too?

RCC is a bit far, almost Johor liao.
I stay in the east too and if I can afford it, I will not buy RCC
Back to top Go down
benjiaming
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Golf membership Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf membership   Golf membership I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 2:58 pm

if selection between OCC vs. Seletar, which would you recommend?
Back to top Go down
jocheang
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Golf membership Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf membership   Golf membership I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 3:39 pm

i'd recommend keppel.. not too far from your place (ecp all the way exit telok blangah probably takes you 15-20mins), good course for training (narrow so trains your accuracy, need a steady short game, lots of uphill/downhill/sidehill lies), good price (~20-25k), and the lease ends in 10 years with rumours that the club will shift to a location with a brand new course.
Back to top Go down
benjiaming
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Golf membership Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf membership   Golf membership I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 3:49 pm

Good points you mentioned. However, I read that there are more than 5000 members at Keppel and that weekend golfing requires balloting. In addition, shifting to a brand new course may require members to top up certain amount of $$ unless the reserved $$ is enough to pay for new land lease (30 years I supposed) plus $$ building up brand new course which may costs more than $100 million or more, I think
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

Golf membership Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf membership   Golf membership I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 3:58 pm

I was in the same dilemma. Decided that it didn't make sense to pick up a golf course membership at such prices so opted instead to join SSC and continue my golfing escapades in JB and in SG (on a case-by-case basis) Smile
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

Golf membership Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf membership   Golf membership I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 4:03 pm

Quote :
Technospaz wrote:
I was in the same dilemma. Decided that it didn't make sense to pick up a golf course membership at such prices so opted instead to join SSC and continue my golfing escapades in JB and in SG (on a case-by-case basis) Smile

SSC....eh, I heard the cina restaurant quite good. when you buying me dinner? hahahaha

Eiji, you and I play level lah...loser buy dinner

Back to top Go down
benjiaming
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Golf membership Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf membership   Golf membership I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 4:05 pm

Selection between OCC vs. Seletar? Which one would you recommend? Can share your thoughts on this?
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

Golf membership Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf membership   Golf membership I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 4:08 pm

Quote :
benjiaming wrote:
Selection between OCC vs. Seletar? Which one would you recommend? Can share your thoughts on this?

If you want to consider OCC, then alternative is to join MGK and NTUC union member, also can liao.

But if you want to buy membership, then I go for Seletar...as I think its more family oriented...
Back to top Go down
jtek
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

Golf membership Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf membership   Golf membership I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 8:12 pm

Sorry to hijack... Anyone got comment or view on Changi Golf Club? Any idea how much is it now? Also, what facilities they have (swimming pool?)?
Back to top Go down
bb2
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
bb2

Golf membership Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf membership   Golf membership I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 8:30 pm

benjiaming wrote:

seletar - tough and long course. can walk 18 on weekdays, weekends 9 hole. very friendly golfing staff. small membership base. place is quiet and rustic, some may find it hard to get to as it is situated deep in seletar air hub area.

orchid - buggy course, just join golf kaki can liao.
Back to top Go down
benjiaming
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Golf membership Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf membership   Golf membership I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 3:31 pm

any idea the amount of reserved $$ Seletar has? will members have top up the fund for lease extension when it expires in abt 12 years time?
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

Golf membership Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf membership   Golf membership I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 3:38 pm

They will definitely have to top up. should range between 12k-20k range depending on the number of members and also the cost of the new place.
Back to top Go down
benjiaming
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Golf membership Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf membership   Golf membership I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 3:45 pm

I supposed you know the reserved $$ Seletar has plus the estimation $$ of the new lease price since you are able come out with the $12K to $20K amount. Can you share this info?
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

Golf membership Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf membership   Golf membership I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 3:53 pm

Duval_S wrote:
Quote :
Technospaz wrote:

SSC....eh, I heard the cina restaurant quite good. when you buying me dinner? hahahaha

I'll always buy you dinner, bro, cos you're so kind in giving 5-5 for all our games Smile
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

Golf membership Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf membership   Golf membership I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 4:04 pm

benjiaming wrote:
I supposed you know the reserved $$ Seletar has plus the estimation $$ of the new lease price since you are able come out with the $12K to $20K amount. Can you share this info?

Not really... imagine, if a club can get more money from a member during such an opportunity, why not. And if they were to ask more than 20k, everybody will start selling cos the membership now is only less than $30k. I am looking at a business perspective.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

Golf membership Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf membership   Golf membership I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 4:06 pm

Quote :
Technospaz wrote:
Duval_S wrote:
Quote :
Technospaz wrote:

I'll always buy you dinner, bro, cos you're so kind in giving 5-5 for all our games Smile

I will send out official invitation.....

Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

Golf membership Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf membership   Golf membership I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 4:17 pm

Duval_S wrote:
Quote :
Technospaz wrote:
Duval_S wrote:
Quote :
Technospaz wrote:

I will send out official invitation.....

I will circle the relevant index holes on my score card Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Golf membership Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf membership   Golf membership I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Golf membership
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next