Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Golf membership

Go down 
+31
kian
asahi
blee67
mtbdude74
golfkaki
dmateo
Leo
poresia
bkll
pushslice
and68low
ms tHe
watermyforrest
JohnBGLee
daveaha
eiji
mloy
hoppie
TigaWood
drawbias
duffader
bb2
jtek
Technospaz
jocheang
boboking
skybobo
nientsu
haragolfer
Duval_S
benjiaming
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
drawbias
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
drawbias

Golf membership - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf membership   Golf membership - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 4:28 pm

benjiaming wrote:
I supposed you know the reserved $$ Seletar has plus the estimation $$ of the new lease price since you are able come out with the $12K to $20K amount. Can you share this info?

One of my pal bought seletar membership @ S$40K recently ......
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Golf membership   Golf membership - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 4:49 pm

benjiaming wrote:
Selection between OCC vs. Seletar? Which one would you recommend? Can share your thoughts on this?

SELETAR anytime!
Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Golf membership   Golf membership - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 4:51 pm

nientsu wrote:
Try for keppel.

I heard its the only (if not one of the few) memberships where you can 'pass down' the membership to your kids.

Wow, Is It? must check it out!
Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
hoppie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf membership   Golf membership - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 4:56 pm

Does MBGC has membership?
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: Golf membership   Golf membership - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 5:38 pm

benjiaming wrote:
Selection between OCC vs. Seletar? Which one would you recommend? Can share your thoughts on this?

I would think OCC would be a better choice. They have 3 nine holes. A few of the GRians are members and lots of My Golf Kaki members who can play there. Through them you already have kakis. Its difficult to join a club where you do not have regulars and to invite your friends it would be too expensive for them to join you. Hope that helps.
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Golf membership   Golf membership - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 5:44 pm

Duval_S wrote:
Quote :
Technospaz wrote:
Duval_S wrote:
Quote :
Technospaz wrote:
I was in the same dilemma. Decided that it didn't make sense to pick up a golf course membership at such prices so opted instead to join SSC and continue my golfing escapades in JB and in SG (on a case-by-case basis) Smile

SSC....eh, I heard the cina restaurant quite good. when you buying me dinner? hahahaha

Eiji, you and I play level lah...loser buy dinner

I'll always buy you dinner, bro, cos you're so kind in giving 5-5 for all our games Smile

I will send out official invitation.....

You give TS 5-5 and u want to play with me level, my standard not that different from TS. Should be giving me 5-5
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Golf membership   Golf membership - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 6:35 pm

Eh harlow guys, dun hijack thread again...

Maybe we should create a section of "GIVE TAKE THREAD"
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
JohnBGLee
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
JohnBGLee

PostSubject: Re: Golf membership   Golf membership - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 10:39 pm

benjiaming wrote:
I am a weekend player only ...

Check on the weekend booking system before deciding on one.
I HearSay from the members in one of the club of your choice - that they need to start "Queuing" at dawn inorder to get a slot for the following weekend.

Back to top Go down
benjiaming
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf membership   Golf membership - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 10:18 am

JohnBGLee, this kind of info. is very useful .... possible to indicate which club specifically will start implementing "Queuing" for the weekend game?
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: Golf membership   Golf membership - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 10:33 am

seebayho wrote:
nientsu wrote:
Try for keppel.

I heard its the only (if not one of the few) memberships where you can 'pass down' the membership to your kids.

Can I be your son? Razz
Back to top Go down
ms tHe
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
ms tHe

PostSubject: Re: Golf membership   Golf membership - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 10:37 am

hoppie wrote:
Does MBGC has membership?
haa.. this one i can help.. Very Happy
as MBGC is a public course, it does not have the typical club memebrship. They only have the MBGC Card (about $20++?) which effectively gives you a 5% waiver of the service charge and enables online booking via MBGC website.

Other than that, i tink MBGC uses it to keep tabs on current handicap records of golfers. That's about all me thinks. Wink
Back to top Go down
and68low
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
and68low

PostSubject: Re: Golf membership   Golf membership - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 11:05 am

benjiaming wrote:

OCC feels like a public course and the affiliation with NTUC... hmmm everything must come cheap and good, very difficult to acheived "value" in terms of prestige, very inclined to "prostitute"(i.e sacrifice) members value for $$$$ ! (mine own opinion)

Seletar more of a "private club' better run in terms of "members interest' comes first !

I go for seletar between them.!

Golf course lay out I though its very personal ( play well, golf course good! play bad golf course F#$@%)
hope it helps.... but there are many other things to consider like transfer fees, monthly sub, voting rights and remaining years left in the lease, having new lease do they have the money or members have to co-pay and so forth....
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Golf membership   Golf membership - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 11:36 am

"Golf course lay out I though its very personal ( play well, golf course good! play bad golf course F#$@%)..."

Ain't that the truth... i dislike OCC courses, not bcoz its bad but bcoz I never score well there..then I'd say to myself..the course just doesnt suit me ROFL
Back to top Go down
bkll
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
bkll

PostSubject: Re: Golf membership   Golf membership - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 11:55 am

Half of the the weekend slots at Seletar are available for in-person booking on a first-come-first-serve basis on Thursdays. So, JohnBGLee is right that some members will be at the club house before dawn to get the best slots.

The other half the slots are available for online booking. These slots go very fast too but it starts at 9 a.m. so you dont have to sacrifice your sleep.
Back to top Go down
benjiaming
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf membership   Golf membership - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 1:42 pm

Didn't hear much about Jurong CC .... anyone could advise whether it is a better buy vs. Seletar CC?
Back to top Go down
poresia
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
poresia

PostSubject: Re: Golf membership   Golf membership - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 4:14 pm

[quote="watermyforrest"]
seebayho wrote:
nientsu wrote:
Try for keppel.

i thought all the memberships can pass to children when the member is gone?

its an asset and the children can take over or sell it and keep the $.
Back to top Go down
benjiaming
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf membership   Golf membership - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 1:30 pm

Update .... thank you very much for your kind input when I posted this topic about golf membership. I have since bought Seletar 5 months ago and happy to say that I have been enjoying it so far.

Played with pushslice and dmateo last Thursday ... hope they enjoyed it as much as I did.

Should anyone want to know more about Seletar CC, feel free to pm me and I will be in position to provide more info.

Cheers !
Back to top Go down
Leo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf membership   Golf membership - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 1:50 pm

hi benjiaming i am a member at seletar too, maybe we can arrange a game there soon!
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Golf membership   Golf membership - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 2:09 pm

Despite my lousy score, I enjoyed playing at Seletar. Thanks Ben for hosting us!
Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf membership   Golf membership - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 2:50 pm

PushSlice, I thought your gauge on whether you like the course or not is whether you played well on that particular course. So how come Seletar is an exception Very Happy

Thank Bro Ben, I didn't play as well as I wanted to in Seletar, so hope you don't mind with that kind of sub standard. The good news is that I will not give up and is working on improving my crap driving distance and direction before going back to Seletar Smile

Come on PushSlice we have a score to settle with Seletar course blue tee.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Golf membership   Golf membership - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 2:56 pm

that is concluded only after I give it a few tries...if I'm still playing bad, then yes the course doesnt suit me Laughing

we have to return and the goal is to play at most +4 our handicap there. I gotta get back my long game first (woods). 2nd shots are mostly using woods off blue.

Maybe January?
Back to top Go down
benjiaming
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf membership   Golf membership - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 4:30 pm

actually both of you played better than my 1st time playing at Seletar a few years back ... so don't feel bad Smile

will be my pleasure to play with both of you again when you are ready ... no issue for January game, we shall arrange it .....

Leo - definitely we can arrange to play together. January also?
Back to top Go down
golfkaki
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
golfkaki

PostSubject: Re: Golf membership   Golf membership - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 6:32 pm

As i m staying on the west side, I bought RCC few months ago too...

I find RCC palm, off the blue tee is pretty tough. Lake wld b a confidence boosting course, more forgiving, anyway, RCC is currently having a promo, every Tuesday member can sign in for guest at 50% off which work out to be $70 + $20 for buggy...

Back to top Go down
mtbdude74
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf membership   Golf membership - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 6:38 pm

golfkaki wrote:

I find RCC palm, off the blue tee is pretty tough. Lake wld b a confidence boosting course, more forgiving, anyway, RCC is currently having a promo, every Tuesday member can sign in for guest at 50% off which work out to be $70 + $20 for buggy...

I just joined RCC last week. I'll send you a pm.
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Golf membership   Golf membership - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 6:52 pm

mtbdude74 wrote:
golfkaki wrote:

I just joined RCC last week. I'll send you a pm.

You got kaki Liao, no need come occ Liao hor.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Golf membership   Golf membership - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Golf membership
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next