Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bettinardi Putters

Go down 
+7
Denmeister
Duval_S
audi
slinger
DRGjr72
pocketace
DKing
11 posters
AuthorMessage
DKing
Caddy
Caddy
DKing

Bettinardi Putters Empty
PostSubject: Bettinardi Putters   Bettinardi Putters I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 1:33 am

Hi all, the putter is one piece of equipment which holds much endearment.

I've recently been acquainted with Bettinardi putters and I kinda like them.
I would like to seek feedback and reviews on these putters please.
And any specific model to recommend?

Thank you.

Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

Bettinardi Putters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bettinardi Putters   Bettinardi Putters I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 1:49 am

It is very premium, I used to have two (SB-12 and one co-branded under Mizuno Bettinardi) ... didn't really work for me
But it is one fine piece of crafting, all milled in USA
Are you intending to game it or to collect it?
Not sure how the folks here can recommend a gamer cos it really depends on your putting style/preference
but yeah, I agree it is a beauty, I always sneak a peek when I pop by Golf N Leisure
Back to top Go down
DKing
Caddy
Caddy
DKing

Bettinardi Putters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bettinardi Putters   Bettinardi Putters I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 2:13 am

pocketace wrote:
It is very premium, I used to have two (SB-12 and one co-branded under Mizuno Bettinardi) ... didn't really work for me
But it is one fine piece of crafting, all milled in USA
Are you intending to game it or to collect it?
Not sure how the folks here can recommend a gamer cos it really depends on your putting style/preference
but yeah, I agree it is a beauty, I always sneak a peek when I pop by Golf N Leisure

Wow, didn't expect a reply so soon and so early in the morning.
Thanks Pocketace, I'm contemplating to game one.
Yah, putter selection is very subjective, hence trying to see if there're many favorable reviews before considering them. More like trying to find out if Bettinardi putters, in general, works and if so, how well.

Kinda disappointed that the first review isn't all that positive.
I do hope you've found "The One". Smile
Back to top Go down
DRGjr72
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
DRGjr72

Bettinardi Putters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bettinardi Putters   Bettinardi Putters I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 8:20 am

Bettinardi putters are a very nice option in the market today. They can be expensive depending on the version that you select.

In my experience with them, they are a very high quality putter. I had a couple of the tour issued versions and thought they were every bit as nice as any putter I had owned.

They offer a wide variety of styles and finishes. I think the most important thing of a putter is to find one that suits your eye and stroke, and is proper in length and lie angle for your stroke and setup, as that will allow you to make more putts.

http://www.bettinardi.com/
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

Bettinardi Putters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bettinardi Putters   Bettinardi Putters I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 10:10 am

1) Bettinardi Red Dawn : Putter was done to commemorate the capture of Saddam by the 4th Infantry US Army
[img]Bettinardi Putters 014[/img]
[img]Bettinardi Putters 018-1[/img]
[img]Bettinardi Putters 015-1[/img]
[img]Bettinardi Putters 019-1[/img]

2) Bettinardi 44 Magnum : Only 444 of this putter was made to celebrate the 44th birthday of the man himself, there are 44 golden plated ingots on the putter face. There is also another putter; the 38 Special for his 38th birthday, but i dont have it.
[img]Bettinardi Putters 011-2[/img]
[img]Bettinardi Putters 007-4[/img]
[img]Bettinardi Putters 003-1[/img]
[img]Bettinardi Putters 001-3[/img]
[img]Bettinardi Putters 002-2[/img]
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

Bettinardi Putters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bettinardi Putters   Bettinardi Putters I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 10:27 am

bro slinger, do u have the link for the hiro putter?
Back to top Go down
DKing
Caddy
Caddy
DKing

Bettinardi Putters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bettinardi Putters   Bettinardi Putters I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 10:39 am

DRGjr72 wrote:
Bettinardi putters are a very nice option in the market today. They can be expensive depending on the version that you select.

In my experience with them, they are a very high quality putter. I had a couple of the tour issued versions and thought they were every bit as nice as any putter I had owned.

They offer a wide variety of styles and finishes. I think the most important thing of a putter is to find one that suits your eye and stroke, and is proper in length and lie angle for your stroke and setup, as that will allow you to make more putts.

Thanks DRGjr72, am thinking of Bettinardi as it is easier to fit than Scottys and comes with more option in length as well.
I see you have a Zen. How is it over the Bettinardis you had?
Back to top Go down
DKing
Caddy
Caddy
DKing

Bettinardi Putters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bettinardi Putters   Bettinardi Putters I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 10:46 am

Nice collection you have there Slinger!
How is your Zen Zim by the way?
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

Bettinardi Putters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bettinardi Putters   Bettinardi Putters I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 11:01 am

[img]Bettinardi Putters 068[/img]
[img]Bettinardi Putters 065-1[/img]

its a 32in with a rounded grip....

trying to improve my putting stats cos thats my weakest link....

only my 4th game playing with it.....still work in progress
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

Bettinardi Putters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bettinardi Putters   Bettinardi Putters I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 11:02 am

the magnum looks awesome bro
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

Bettinardi Putters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bettinardi Putters   Bettinardi Putters I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 11:03 am

audi wrote:
the magnum looks awesome bro

send u PM.....

many thanks....
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

Bettinardi Putters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bettinardi Putters   Bettinardi Putters I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 11:27 am

#1.... u using belly putter ?
Back to top Go down
DKing
Caddy
Caddy
DKing

Bettinardi Putters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bettinardi Putters   Bettinardi Putters I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 12:00 pm

Your posts are poisonous Slinger.
Thanks for taking the trouble to post so many pictures.
Back to top Go down
DRGjr72
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
DRGjr72

Bettinardi Putters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bettinardi Putters   Bettinardi Putters I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 2:44 pm

DKing wrote:
DRGjr72 wrote:

Thanks DRGjr72, am thinking of Bettinardi as it is easier to fit than Scottys and comes with more option in length as well.

I have had many, many putters in my time. I might say that during my golf career and now I might have used over 100 different models. So there is a lot to compare to.

As to your question. The Zen is a great putter. I really think the technology on the face is quite good and gets the ball rolling very well (which is super important). I have a round grip on it right now and I really like it. Feels very natural and I am able to hold onto it like all my other clubs and I am rolling it pretty well, in fact as good as I have in some time.

As far as how it compares to the Bettinardi's that I owned. The Bettinardi's I have owned have been both tour issue (acquired when I played in a PGA Tour event) and retail versions acquired here and there when I had an itch to scratch. They are on the same par meaning they are both excellent putters and if fit properly, should produce good results for the owner. Zen uses RDE technology on the face of the putter for the roll, and Bettinardi used (might still use) honeycomb technology for their milling. From an aesthetics standpoint the milling on the bettinardi face is pretty slick and it does produce a decent roll. The RDE is more of a groove based technology and produces a great roll as well. I think it comes down to what looks good when it sets up to the ball and how does it feel/sound when you putt the ball, and finally does it hole putts (because if it does not hole putts, it does not matter how good it looks).

If I was going to be picky, my one gripe about any putter is the inability to provide adjustably of the head weight. I feel that if you could have a weight kit and change the head weight you could adjust your putter either to your preferred weight or adjust it for the various speeds of greens that you might play on. I would like to see it more often as I think it would help people.
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

Bettinardi Putters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bettinardi Putters   Bettinardi Putters I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 4:12 pm

slinger wrote:
[img]Bettinardi Putters 068[/img]
[img]Bettinardi Putters 065-1[/img]

its a 32in with a rounded grip....

trying to improve my putting stats cos thats my weakest link....

only my 4th game playing with it.....still work in progress

Bro,

You borrow your flight mate's putter to measure putter length takes?
Back to top Go down
DKing
Caddy
Caddy
DKing

Bettinardi Putters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bettinardi Putters   Bettinardi Putters I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 4:56 pm

DRGjr72 wrote:
DKing wrote:
DRGjr72 wrote:

I have had many, many putters in my time. I might say that during my golf career and now I might have used over 100 different models. So there is a lot to compare to.

As to your question. The Zen is a great putter. I really think the technology on the face is quite good and gets the ball rolling very well (which is super important). I have a round grip on it right now and I really like it. Feels very natural and I am able to hold onto it like all my other clubs and I am rolling it pretty well, in fact as good as I have in some time.

As far as how it compares to the Bettinardi's that I owned. The Bettinardi's I have owned have been both tour issue (acquired when I played in a PGA Tour event) and retail versions acquired here and there when I had an itch to scratch. They are on the same par meaning they are both excellent putters and if fit properly, should produce good results for the owner. Zen uses RDE technology on the face of the putter for the roll, and Bettinardi used (might still use) honeycomb technology for their milling. From an aesthetics standpoint the milling on the bettinardi face is pretty slick and it does produce a decent roll. The RDE is more of a groove based technology and produces a great roll as well. I think it comes down to what looks good when it sets up to the ball and how does it feel/sound when you putt the ball, and finally does it hole putts (because if it does not hole putts, it does not matter how good it looks).

If I was going to be picky, my one gripe about any putter is the inability to provide adjustably of the head weight. I feel that if you could have a weight kit and change the head weight you could adjust your putter either to your preferred weight or adjust it for the various speeds of greens that you might play on. I would like to see it more often as I think it would help people.

Bettinardi is still employing the honeycomb milling process and yeah, it sure is slick.
It is said to produce a flatter surface which I hope accounts for a more accurate putt.
And I like the fact that the whole putter is milled from a single block of material.

Have you tried Edel? They do have options for variable weight and variable loft.

I'm glad to hear that the Bettinardi does produce a good roll.
This makes me all the more eager to lay my hands on one.
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

Bettinardi Putters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bettinardi Putters   Bettinardi Putters I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 8:22 pm

looking at bettinardi's, i think you should look at them as jewellery. So pretty, like some cakes that sometimes you cannot bear to eat. Feel is something so personal, how do you know what works till you hit a Zen, betti and, or scotty's, yourself.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

Bettinardi Putters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bettinardi Putters   Bettinardi Putters I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 9:45 pm

I have a brand spankin' new BC7 which is sexy Smile But don't know if I like it enough to game it... just too pretty.
Back to top Go down
DKing
Caddy
Caddy
DKing

Bettinardi Putters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bettinardi Putters   Bettinardi Putters I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 11:09 pm

haragolfer wrote:
looking at bettinardi's, i think you should look at them as jewellery. So pretty, like some cakes that sometimes you cannot bear to eat. Feel is something so personal, how do you know what works till you hit a Zen, betti and, or scotty's, yourself.

I couldn't agree more. Actually I was looking to get a Zen, tried it together with a Scotty and to my dismay, I did better with the Scotty. I should be paying Golf N Leisure a visit as soon as time permits.

Is there anywhere else I can try these "cakes"?
Back to top Go down
Doraemon
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Doraemon

Bettinardi Putters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bettinardi Putters   Bettinardi Putters I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 11:38 pm

I am using the MIZUNO/BETTINARDI

No matter how you tap, knock or push it......

The ball just rolls truly......

Try it. You will love it.

And IF you still don't make putts, don't blame it..
Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Kengnam
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Kengnam

Bettinardi Putters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bettinardi Putters   Bettinardi Putters I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 12:06 am

I got one SB-12 and it feel so soft to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bettinardi Putters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bettinardi Putters   Bettinardi Putters I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bettinardi Putters
Page 1 of 1