Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

following Tiger to Honda

Go down 
+9
TigaWood
Lee36328
Technospaz
HyBriD
DP
Cyrano
Turbo
mUAr_cHEe
Duval_S
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

following Tiger to Honda Empty
PostSubject: following Tiger to Honda   following Tiger to Honda I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 2:13 pm

last week....he used Lamkin grip on his putter

this week...he is going to Ping.....just like me....
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: following Tiger to Honda   following Tiger to Honda I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 3:22 pm

and the similarities stop there...
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: following Tiger to Honda   following Tiger to Honda I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 10:05 pm

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
and the similarities stop there...

lol! ROFL
Back to top Go down
Cyrano
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: following Tiger to Honda   following Tiger to Honda I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 4:54 am

looks like Tiger still has lots of work to do on his putting.. changing grip doesn't help him much today..
Back to top Go down
DP
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: following Tiger to Honda   following Tiger to Honda I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 8:17 am

Tiger is 1 over after first round.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: following Tiger to Honda   following Tiger to Honda I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 9:11 am

Quote :
Cyrano wrote:
looks like Tiger still has lots of work to do on his putting.. changing grip doesn't help him much today..

bro MC aka #5.....see...another similarity
Back to top Go down
Cyrano
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: following Tiger to Honda   following Tiger to Honda I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 11:14 am

saw that he went straight to the practice green with his caddy and coach after his round..
but i think it's not so much his putting and short game that is lacking.. it's his heart. Lee Westwood missed short putts too.. and had bad first shots and approach shots too.. but what makes the difference is that it seemed that Lee had conviction in every shot he made. Tiger just seemed... for lack of better words.. lost.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: following Tiger to Honda   following Tiger to Honda I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 12:10 pm

2nd round...... Hit fewer GIR as compared to rd1, but better putting .

Result. Better score

I think I better go practise putting
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

PostSubject: Re: following Tiger to Honda   following Tiger to Honda I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 1:53 pm

I hope Nike would seriously invest in getting Scotty Cameron to their Business group so that TW will be able to use again his old putter back.

Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/pnchung
Cyrano
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: following Tiger to Honda   following Tiger to Honda I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 2:58 pm

@HyBriD - truly agree with u there..
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: following Tiger to Honda   following Tiger to Honda I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 8:59 am

Tiger did good the final round

Clearly..this shows

" When the bad shots are exhausted, the good shots come in a plenty '

watch out for TW in the next tourney
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: following Tiger to Honda   following Tiger to Honda I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 9:02 am

Duval_S wrote:
Tiger did good the final round

Clearly..this shows

" When the bad shots are exhausted, the good shots come in a plenty '

watch out for TW in the next tourney

I agree... With the amount of bad shots I have used and the many I have left in my bag, I anticipate winning the US Masters when I'm 120 yrs old.
Back to top Go down
Cyrano
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: following Tiger to Honda   following Tiger to Honda I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 10:06 am

finally.. tiger figured out what went wrong.. not the putter.. not the grip.. but the shoes!.. hahahahahhaha
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: following Tiger to Honda   following Tiger to Honda I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 11:01 am

Tiger is awesome in the final round! It looks like the old Tiger is back! I can't wait to see him roar in the forthcoming Master!
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: following Tiger to Honda   following Tiger to Honda I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 12:06 pm

Turbo wrote:
Tiger is awesome in the final round! It looks like the old Tiger is back! I can't wait to see him roar in the forthcoming Master!

His score cards for day 1 and day 4 are night and day.

While he had trouble sinking short putts in the beginning, on the final day he pulled 4 birdies and TWO EAGLES seemingly out of nowhere.

I heard on the golf channel this is Tiger's lowest Day 4 score on record?

Just when I was too disgusted to even watch him putt, instead opting to just listen to the spectator groans in indicate yet another short putt missed, he goes and does this.

He is still patchy, ups and downs, but his ups are getting more spectacular.

The Tiger 'comeback' is long over due, some say he will never be as dominant, while others continue to say he will come back as soon as he figures out his game. After a showing like this, faith is renewed, and we hold our collective breaths longer.

And when he does, he will have worthy adversaries in the likes of McIlroy and Westwood. And we will enjoy the spectacle.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: following Tiger to Honda   following Tiger to Honda I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 12:36 pm

I am typically 20 strokes or so behind tiger........so I hope he improve fast.....so that I can improve
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: following Tiger to Honda   following Tiger to Honda I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Duval_S wrote:
I am typically 20 strokes or so behind tiger........so I hope he improve fast.....so that I can improve

He got plenty of babes, you not far behind?
Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

PostSubject: Re: following Tiger to Honda   following Tiger to Honda I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 1:48 pm

too bad TW 62 score was not able to make him a champion.

Just wondering why he only wears RED during the last and final round.

Wearing a the Bright Red seems to give him a Lucky charm

maybe he, TW, should wear all RED during every tourney
Back to top Go down
golfnut
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
golfnut

PostSubject: Re: following Tiger to Honda   following Tiger to Honda I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 1:51 pm

He half thai he buddhist he taksin supporter Laughing
Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: following Tiger to Honda   following Tiger to Honda I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 2:15 pm

luck si reserve for critical situation lah.. if always wear red everyday, no shiok already.. 62 62 62 62. Even rory and Luke will die if like that.
it's the suspense and adrenaline that brings the crowd and we always like a plot twist here and there otherwise it's boring.. Smile
Back to top Go down
Joshua
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Joshua

PostSubject: Re: following Tiger to Honda   following Tiger to Honda I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 2:35 pm

HyBriD wrote:
too bad TW 62 score was not able to make him a champion.

Just wondering why he only wears RED during the last and final round.

Wearing a the Bright Red seems to give him a Lucky charm

maybe he, TW, should wear all RED during every tourney

undies also red?
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: following Tiger to Honda   following Tiger to Honda I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 8:48 pm

Take a look at this amazing eagle shot ... A typical Tiger fashion!

It is always exciting & exuberatingly fun to see the great Tiger around in a tourney ...

Back to top Go down
jtek
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: following Tiger to Honda   following Tiger to Honda I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 8:55 pm

I love this tiger!!!
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

PostSubject: Re: following Tiger to Honda   following Tiger to Honda I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 1:14 pm

just wanna add something that i have read....

Woods - "It's just a matter of time"

Tiger Woods insists that "it is just a matter of time" before he wins on the US PGA Tour again and sees this year's Masters in April as a realistic target.

This after the long-time former World No 1 had produced a final round 8-under 62 that was not only his best round of golf in more than two years, but also a career best final score that put him just two shots behind Honda Classic winner Rory McIlroy after starting the day eight shots back.

"I've been close to shooting this score, or scores like this. And it was just a matter of time before things all fell into place," Woods told the media afterwards.

It was Woods' lowest score since a 62 in the third round of the 2009 BMW Championship, his last PGA Tour victory.

The crowd, who had urged him on all week, were at their most vocal after his superb eagle on the par five 18th, where he hit a magnificent second shot to the green and then drained a confident putt from seven feet.

Finally, Woods is talking about his recent turmoil and trouble in the past tense.

"I think I just need the time. I switched coaches and I got hurt for most of last year, and I started putting the pieces together.

"Overall, my finishes have been pretty good since Australia and it was just a matter of keep building, keep sticking with it, the process.

"Each tournament I've progressed, I've gotten better. And it's just a matter of time before I put it all together for an entire tournament," he said.

Woods came into the tournament at the PGA National concerned about his recent putting problems, but after taking 34 putts in the opening round, he never needed more than 28 for the final three rounds. On Sunday it was just 26.

Woods moves to Doral next week for the WGC-Cadillac Championship, but admits his biggest target right is the Masters in April and the opportunity of winning a fifth Green Jacket.

"I'm thrilled at the fact that each and every week, my game has gotten better. Each tournament it's gotten better, and that's the whole idea heading into April."

source page
Back to top Go down
Cyrano
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: following Tiger to Honda   following Tiger to Honda I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 1:55 pm

finally.. on the last day.. we start to see that conviction in every shot.. that fist punch.. that hop on the green as the ball rolled its way into the cup. That is the good ole' Tiger. The first 2 days we didn't see that. Hope he will start to gain his confidence and enjoy the game in its purest sense.. like how he used to.

Go Tiger!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: following Tiger to Honda   following Tiger to Honda I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

following Tiger to Honda
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next