Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Honda Classic PGA Tourney

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

Honda Classic PGA Tourney Empty
PostSubject: Honda Classic PGA Tourney   Honda Classic PGA Tourney I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 8:39 am

One of the site posted

Quote :
Black And Blue

A U.S. Open broke out Thursday at the Honda Classic. With only eight players -- -- able to break par in Round 1,

Well, it dawn on me that it very much mirror my golf games...we have the black and blue, we have nobody break par....

but at the same time, definitely way better than my usual flights.....we never break par....not even +10 strokes fm it....

Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Honda Classic PGA Tourney   Honda Classic PGA Tourney I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 10:15 pm

Brings back both good and bad memories.

The winds are what I remember constantly playing in. Its a real test to try hitting a driver >200yds and 100yd 7 irons when its in your face.

DRGjr72 will know what I am talking about.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Honda Classic PGA Tourney   Honda Classic PGA Tourney I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 10:17 pm

Quote :
S70B wrote:
Brings back both good and bad memories.

The winds are what I remember constantly playing in. Its a real test to try hitting a driver >200yds and 100yd 7 irons when its in your face.

DRGjr72 will know what I am talking about.

Bro, don forget about me ........ I too understand what you talking....as even in good weather with no backwind....I too have difficulty hitting > 200 yards with driver.... ROFL
Back to top Go down
DRGjr72
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
DRGjr72

PostSubject: Re: Honda Classic PGA Tourney   Honda Classic PGA Tourney I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 12:40 pm

@S7OB...I do know exactly what you mean. I worked at PGA National for 8 years and I can tell you when the wind is up on the championship course it is a bear!!! 100 yard 7 irons are not out of the question. Not to mention there is water all over that place, one bad swing and you are swimming with the fishes.

Great golf course, super hard though. They made some improvements to the course (length, new greens, etc.) in order to acquire the Honda from Mirasol across the street. I think that PGA National is a better facility to host the event and the Championship course is just that good. They hosted a Ryder Cup there and it used to be the home of the Senior PGA Championship.

Also starting on hole 13 the course gets super difficult. One missed shot and you could see double bogey very easy. Add the wind in there and it is just a long couple of hours coming home on that back nine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Honda Classic PGA Tourney   Honda Classic PGA Tourney I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Honda Classic PGA Tourney
Page 1 of 1