Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What to do with your old clubs??

Go down 
+9
Begbie
Newtogolf
golfnut
hkhamateur
slash
kevinhwc
nrafee
eiji
zacaroo
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
zacaroo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
zacaroo

What to do with your old clubs?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What to do with your old clubs??   What to do with your old clubs?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 10:11 pm

thanks alot for the constructive feedbacks guys! yea guess all i have to do now is to focus on getting my swing and impact right. Swing The poisonous equipment can wait haha.
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What to do with your old clubs??   What to do with your old clubs?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 12:48 am

good to ask ur coach for clarification. I doubt your swing is stable enough after 2 months to talk about offset.

but one have to be happy with ones equipment. There is no joy playing a set which y dont like or u have doubts about (no matter what u tell ur self...indian not arrow..indian not arrow...*hits a slice* " damn stupid driver, if only i have the R11s, can adjust the face and FCT to draw and the white head to properly setup bla bla bla)

Back to top Go down
Newtogolf
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What to do with your old clubs??   What to do with your old clubs?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 12:10 am

I used to practice off a ChimE Mizuno CB that's almost 15yrs old with a Ladies Flex shaft.
I couldn't even hit the ball past 100 yards after 2 months.

After months and months of continuous weekly practice and drilling at the range and finally able to go onto the Green at long last, that original loaned club is as close as a swing trainer for me now due to its flex.

Its fun to see the ball balloon every now and then with the old club and remind myself of what I was 1 year ago and where I am now.

I used to slice with my current set of irons and I almost got into the addiction of buying and selling then my instructor just gave a comment, "Your choice of irons are pretty good for a beginner and an intermediate player. Now let me see how it is. I never had one of these to try before."

And he hammered the ball out to 150 yards with my 7 Iron and I could just only stand there like a goldfish.

I guess alot of it has to do with your confidence level as well. Practice hard! And your confidence level will grow!
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: What to do with your old clubs??   What to do with your old clubs?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 10:18 am

Newtogolf wrote:

And he hammered the ball out to 150 yards with my 7 Iron and I could just only stand there like a goldfish.

I guess alot of it has to do with your confidence level as well. Practice hard! And your confidence level will grow!

I am pretty sure the 150 yards 7 iron was probably only a half swing or a really relaxed swing for your instructor as well!
Back to top Go down
Newtogolf
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What to do with your old clubs??   What to do with your old clubs?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 10:24 am

Derek wrote:
Newtogolf wrote:

I am pretty sure the 150 yards 7 iron was probably only a half swing or a really relaxed swing for your instructor as well!
Pretty much so. I asked him about the farthest drive he'd ever taken but he'd refused to say.

I'd asked him about using a putter as a substitute for a driver once and he'd showed me it could be done (but not advisable). He hammered the ball off the rubber tee and I lost track of it 2secs after takeoff...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What to do with your old clubs??   What to do with your old clubs?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What to do with your old clubs??
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2