Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rust on vokey oil can..

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
garylin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
garylin

Rust on vokey oil can.. Empty
PostSubject: Rust on vokey oil can..   Rust on vokey oil can.. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 1:08 am

Anyone knows how to remove the rust from the vokey oil can? Dip in coke will remove the oil can finish too? Anyway to maintain it?
Back to top Go down
Batman
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Rust on vokey oil can..   Rust on vokey oil can.. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 5:44 am

No way, unless u use sand paper n then put 'Singer' sewing machine oil to oil it like how we oil rifle during army days.

What I usually does is to use a brass brush to brush away the rust so that they do not accumulate too much and make it look like a bad rusting looking head.

Hooe this helps.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Rust on vokey oil can..   Rust on vokey oil can.. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 9:54 am

Actually the used of oil can on the wedge is to intentionally make it rust to create better spin effect. If you are removing the rust is as good as defeating the purpose of having a oil can wedge. Just my 2 cents' worth ... I stand corrected nevertheless ... Smile
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Rust on vokey oil can..   Rust on vokey oil can.. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 10:05 am

Turbo wrote:
Actually the used of oil can on the wedge is to intentionally make it rust to create better spin effect. If you are removing the rust is as good as defeating the purpose of having a oil can wedge. Just my 2 cents' worth ... I stand corrected nevertheless ... Smile

That's what I TOT too.. just like trusty rusty... Made to rust.. if not just buy the satin finish la...
Back to top Go down
garylin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
garylin

PostSubject: Re: Rust on vokey oil can..   Rust on vokey oil can.. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 10:41 am

Turbo wrote:

actually i didnt know when i bought it. Thought it jus looks chio.. haha now its rusting and staining my bag.. want to revive it to the oil can look but dunno how... maybe ill just replace it with a chrome one instead
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rust on vokey oil can..   Rust on vokey oil can.. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rust on vokey oil can..
Page 1 of 1