Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SR flex for irons = SR flex for woods, hybrids and driver too?

Go down 
+2
Derek
beehome
6 posters
AuthorMessage
beehome
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
beehome

SR flex for irons = SR flex for woods, hybrids and driver too? Empty
PostSubject: SR flex for irons = SR flex for woods, hybrids and driver too?   SR flex for irons = SR flex for woods, hybrids and driver too? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 5:20 pm

hi fellow GRians,

got a question bothering me for a while.

I got my swing analysed n was advised to use irons with SR flex shaft. I forgot to ask then abt the other clubs bcos I want trying to fix my irons 1st.

Now I am thinking of changing my wood and driver. So I want to be sure abt the shaft flex before buying any.

Any experience bro, pls advise. Thnks.

Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: SR flex for irons = SR flex for woods, hybrids and driver too?   SR flex for irons = SR flex for woods, hybrids and driver too? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 5:22 pm

when u say SR do you mean Senior Flex or Stiff-Regular?
Back to top Go down
beehome
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
beehome

PostSubject: Re: SR flex for irons = SR flex for woods, hybrids and driver too?   SR flex for irons = SR flex for woods, hybrids and driver too? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 5:38 pm

Stiff-Regular. thks
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: SR flex for irons = SR flex for woods, hybrids and driver too?   SR flex for irons = SR flex for woods, hybrids and driver too? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 6:09 pm

I don't know enough to comment on how to match flex for clubs, which is why I go to a qualified fitter to get it done.

What I do know is that Flex definitions across manufacturers are not consistent. Even if you buy all SR flexes from different brands, you might not end up with the flex profile desired across all your clubs.

That being said, it is a good place to start, but the best judge would be actually trying the club, and if it feels good and sends the ball where you want, just buy it and ignore what it says on the shaft.
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

PostSubject: Re: SR flex for irons = SR flex for woods, hybrids and driver too?   SR flex for irons = SR flex for woods, hybrids and driver too? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 6:45 pm

interesting topic. i guess its back to yourself, see which one you are comfortable with. my irons are reg flex, fairway stiff, driver reg.
Back to top Go down
shimizu.toruk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
shimizu.toruk

PostSubject: Re: SR flex for irons = SR flex for woods, hybrids and driver too?   SR flex for irons = SR flex for woods, hybrids and driver too? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 8:27 pm

I was told that, as a general rule of thumb, play the same flex for all clubs. That being said, I don't know much about flex to begin with (which explains why I play regular flex)...
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: SR flex for irons = SR flex for woods, hybrids and driver too?   SR flex for irons = SR flex for woods, hybrids and driver too? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 8:49 pm

See a clubfitter. its their profession, is what they do best, they can best advise you on what suits you better.

that said, its wise to visit a reputable club fitter who will fit you honestly, some guys just want make a sale and close the deal. the good ones are those that take a look at your swing and make professional recommendations. It could be "come back again when your swing is more consistent", "you are hitting fine as it is, no need for any change, a swing tweak might get you better results" or "you are suitable for this shaft, this shaft or this shaft, depends on your budget."

Some guys play softer flex in their irons and stiffer in their woods, some play softer in the woods and stiffer in their irons. everyone's swing is different even if they came from the same school/coach.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: SR flex for irons = SR flex for woods, hybrids and driver too?   SR flex for irons = SR flex for woods, hybrids and driver too? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 8:51 pm

FYI, SR can also be Soft Regular.

I agree with Eiji - see a fitter. While I agree that playing the same flex for all clubs makes sense, it's not a perfect science and a fitter can help decipher and solve the problem.
Back to top Go down
beehome
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
beehome

PostSubject: Re: SR flex for irons = SR flex for woods, hybrids and driver too?   SR flex for irons = SR flex for woods, hybrids and driver too? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 9:01 pm

many thks to all for ur advice. hmmmm....now i hv to go back to my club fitter to figure out club by club. good advice, guys. much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SR flex for irons = SR flex for woods, hybrids and driver too?   SR flex for irons = SR flex for woods, hybrids and driver too? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SR flex for irons = SR flex for woods, hybrids and driver too?
Page 1 of 1