Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2012 Scotty California and Titleist SM4 wedges

Go down 
+16
guy013
sharky08
Turbo
hkhamateur
mygolfsucks
garylin
AhLEM
alvin7379
Batman
acidic88
jeremykoh
kooky
Leo
pushslice
shamusan
senmin
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
senmin
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

2012 Scotty California and Titleist SM4 wedges Empty
PostSubject: 2012 Scotty California and Titleist SM4 wedges   2012 Scotty California and Titleist SM4 wedges I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 1:13 pm

Dear friends,

Any ides if these are avil at our local stores now?
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Scotty California and Titleist SM4 wedges   2012 Scotty California and Titleist SM4 wedges I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 1:20 pm

Yes they are
Back to top Go down
senmin
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Scotty California and Titleist SM4 wedges   2012 Scotty California and Titleist SM4 wedges I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 1:27 pm

Hi Sham,

Where have u seen them?
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Scotty California and Titleist SM4 wedges   2012 Scotty California and Titleist SM4 wedges I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 3:41 pm

I'm a sucker for black nickel finish, and the black ni finish of the SM4 is a lot nicer than previous versions. I didnt use Vokeys bcoz the face scratches so easily/badly for a wedge. Spoke with Titty rep last weekend and they said the SM4 face is heat treated to address this issue.

Would love to hear feedback from anyone who use the SM4 soon, esp. after bunker shots. Can the face take the hits?
Back to top Go down
Leo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Scotty California and Titleist SM4 wedges   2012 Scotty California and Titleist SM4 wedges I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 4:37 pm

does golf direct have the new scottys?
Back to top Go down
kooky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Scotty California and Titleist SM4 wedges   2012 Scotty California and Titleist SM4 wedges I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 10:11 pm

Leo wrote:
does golf direct have the new scottys?

please be careful with the word 'NEW' scotty california at GD Ubi

Called them (the indian manager at Ubi outlet)

i asked the new one arrive already anot. He say he have. I came down all the way, realised he mean 'NEW' as the new (first hand) 2010/11 honey dipped californias. Yah, as if GD sells any not new 2nd hand stuff.

got into an argument with him, not because of my wasted trip because he became rude, claiming 2012 california not even released yet, far from even being released and I was dumb. So poor product knowledge, he even challenged me to find them in S'pore (Vinc Golf already sold out this week, Titleist SEA facebook also post that will be sold in retailers this week). Very very rude. I'm about to spend $400+ $500 on a putter and this is the kind of service I get from a Titleist retailer.

Such poor service, can't wait for him to slap himself in his face once he sees Titleist sending the new Scottys to his store this week.

So I was at fault to use the word 'NEW' and not '2012', according to the indian. Either way, GD is definitely not going to get any of my money. I have complained to Titleist about this poor service at their retailer. Not sure what Titleist can do about it, but just let them know loh..

Vinc golf much more friendly and knowledgable, price good also, I should have just been patient and buy there.
Back to top Go down
senmin
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Scotty California and Titleist SM4 wedges   2012 Scotty California and Titleist SM4 wedges I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 7:51 am

Hi friends,

MST has the 2012 new scottys. Just got mine there
Back to top Go down
jeremykoh
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Scotty California and Titleist SM4 wedges   2012 Scotty California and Titleist SM4 wedges I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 8:25 am

Transview has it too
Back to top Go down
acidic88
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Scotty California and Titleist SM4 wedges   2012 Scotty California and Titleist SM4 wedges I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 9:06 am

Eh.. I think GD is PI and not within Titleist control..
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Scotty California and Titleist SM4 wedges   2012 Scotty California and Titleist SM4 wedges I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 9:47 am

i've seen them at a few places.... but i won't be telling you where senmin...

guys that are looking for scottys now should pick up the first of 500 series if you can find them cos the first of 500 has a rough milled face and plays rather differently to the normally smooth milled faces...
Back to top Go down
Batman
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Batman

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Scotty California and Titleist SM4 wedges   2012 Scotty California and Titleist SM4 wedges I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 1:21 pm

Or anyone wanna group buy from US website like tgw.com to save on freight?
Bcos I m considering to buy from tgw.com
Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Scotty California and Titleist SM4 wedges   2012 Scotty California and Titleist SM4 wedges I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 7:21 pm

shamusan wrote:
i've seen them at a few places.... but i won't be telling you where senmin...

guys that are looking for scottys now should pick up the first of 500 series if you can find them cos the first of 500 has a rough milled face and plays rather differently to the normally smooth milled faces...

Wah... Bro can tell me where to get those? Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.visualtech.com.sg
AhLEM
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
AhLEM

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Scotty California and Titleist SM4 wedges   2012 Scotty California and Titleist SM4 wedges I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 10:31 pm

Saw Titleist SM4 wedges at Golf Direct (Kaki Bukit) today, @ $225. Staff said still has 30% discount. For info pls. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
garylin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
garylin

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Scotty California and Titleist SM4 wedges   2012 Scotty California and Titleist SM4 wedges I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 8:59 pm

pushslice wrote:
I'm a sucker for black nickel finish, and the black ni finish of the SM4 is a lot nicer than previous versions. I didnt use Vokeys bcoz the face scratches so easily/badly for a wedge. Spoke with Titty rep last weekend and they said the SM4 face is heat treated to address this issue.

Would love to hear feedback from anyone who use the SM4 soon, esp. after bunker shots. Can the face take the hits?

just bought the SM4 in black nicket finish.. put side by side with my SM3.. Cant tell the difference leh in terms of looks leh..
Back to top Go down
mygolfsucks
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Scotty California and Titleist SM4 wedges   2012 Scotty California and Titleist SM4 wedges I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 12:23 am

have the SM4 52-08 and 60-04.
they can take the hits alright, and maybe they take it too well for my liking. 1st 2 rounds were perfect. they hit the green and stopped as expected. after several rounds, they just seem to go on and on and on.... dont know if its anything to do with the new grooves, but cant seem to get it to bite anymore. anyone with similar experience?

Was using older gen Vokeys and after many rounds, they still sit pretty well.

and its not easy to scuff the balls anymore. Previously, after a solid full swing with good contact on my previous Vokey, the balls would tend to have scuff marks.

If its because of the new conforming grooves? is there anyway to make it un-conform? Like sending it for re-grooving or milling? Not a PGA tour golfer, so dun care too much for conforming grooves.
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Scotty California and Titleist SM4 wedges   2012 Scotty California and Titleist SM4 wedges I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 9:22 am

Am campg here fr more info definitely. Very Happy
Tell u abt GD. My colleague as well as golf Kakis was there to by a TM Sunday bag, saw a likg one in white n bcoz its a display set w mild hand print/dirt, he took out e balance few to inspect n guessed Wat? Question
GD friendly Indian mgr tell him off! Shocked
His quote 'Dont expect fm white bag la, go green wil get dirty still. And its nt expansive tat needed such search' No
My friend went off wo argue. There, a customer is lost! Neutral
Back to top Go down
kooky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Scotty California and Titleist SM4 wedges   2012 Scotty California and Titleist SM4 wedges I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 9:39 am

hkhamateur wrote:
Tell u abt GD. My colleague as well as golf Kakis was there to by a TM Sunday bag, saw a likg one in white n bcoz its a display set w mild hand print/dirt, he took out e balance few to inspect n guessed Wat? Question
His quote 'Dont expect fm white bag la, go green wil get dirty still. And its nt expansive tat needed such search' No

Haha, customers not supposed to check product before buying? Well don't expect much from that Indian dude anyway. He knows everything and the world revolves around him.

Check out the isetan shaw golf sale btw. Saw some nice tm bags cart and Stand on sale for about 130-150$ if I rmb correctly.
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Scotty California and Titleist SM4 wedges   2012 Scotty California and Titleist SM4 wedges I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 10:19 am

senmin wrote:
Hi friends,

MST has the 2012 new scottys. Just got mine there

Bro, where's MST? Question
Aso can pm me yr damage fr e 2012 scotty n e other range pricg as well? Shocked
Kam Sia. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Scotty California and Titleist SM4 wedges   2012 Scotty California and Titleist SM4 wedges I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 10:22 am

kooky wrote:
hkhamateur wrote:
Tell u abt GD. My colleague as well as golf Kakis was there to buy a TM Sunday bag, saw a likg one in white n bcoz its a display set w mild hand print/dirt, he took out e balance few to inspect n guessed Wat? Question

Haha, customers not supposed to check product before buying? Well don't expect much from that Indian dude anyway. He knows everything and the world revolves around him.

Check out the isetan shaw golf sale btw. Saw some nice tm bags cart and Stand on sale for about 130-150$ if I rmb correctly.

Think must link u n my colleague to b friend n flight mate. Sure alot to spk abt. Very Happy
Think he shld knw abt e isetan sales otherwise better nt call himself a golfer. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Scotty California and Titleist SM4 wedges   2012 Scotty California and Titleist SM4 wedges I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 2:08 pm

acidic88 wrote:

Not true, GD is one of the authorised resellers of Titleist equipment. In other words, GD does not parell-import Titleist equipment. That is why GD cannot markdown the prices of the Titleist clubs too much. The maximum discount that they can offer is 30%. For super regulars, maybe slightly more.
Back to top Go down
kooky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Scotty California and Titleist SM4 wedges   2012 Scotty California and Titleist SM4 wedges I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 3:11 pm

Turbo wrote:
acidic88 wrote:

Not true, GD is one of the authorised resellers of Titleist equipment. In other words, GD does not parell-import Titleist equipment. That is why GD cannot markdown the prices of the Titleist clubs too much. The maximum discount that they can offer is 30%. For super regulars, maybe slightly more.

Yup, it is under titleist control too. I remembered contacting titleist to share about my unpleasant experience. They were quick to get back to me I know more and sort of mediate the situation with me. Tom
Called me personally. If anything I am impressed with titleist's concern with their customers. Well it is true there is still limited control even over their retailers' service standards. I mean let's face it, overall sg service standard is poor.

Anyway it was already a few mths ago, have gotten my Scotty and enjoyed it so far!
Back to top Go down
sharky08
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
sharky08

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Scotty California and Titleist SM4 wedges   2012 Scotty California and Titleist SM4 wedges I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 4:55 pm

That indian dude is one of the owners of GD. They do carry the new Scotty Cali series. But I did not get mine from GD I got mine from FESC Golf Simply. The lady boss quite easy-going. Sold me Monterey 1.5 and 2 x SM 4 and gave me a free gift. Not that it matters alot but that should be the way to do business and customers would come back and buy even though if it is slightly ex.

And yes GD gives a 30% disc on all titleist stuff but I would suggest calling up Golf Simply and Golf Leisure @ FESC just to check cos sometimes the prices maybe cheaper than GD and you could possibly get some freebies if you spend large amounts plus better customer service.

Beer
Back to top Go down
guy013
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
guy013

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Scotty California and Titleist SM4 wedges   2012 Scotty California and Titleist SM4 wedges I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 5:29 pm

i just bought a fastback from GD commonwealth.
Back to top Go down
mygolfsucks
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Scotty California and Titleist SM4 wedges   2012 Scotty California and Titleist SM4 wedges I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 6:06 pm

Not the biggest fan of GD's customer service... was asking question about 910 shafts option.. got told off nicely. 'ALL STANDARD WAN LA, YOU WANT SPECIAL THIS SPECIAL THAT BETTER CALL TITLEIST DIRECTLY AND ASK THEM SELL YOU DIRECT.'
Ker KL!!!!
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Scotty California and Titleist SM4 wedges   2012 Scotty California and Titleist SM4 wedges I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 8:29 pm

Yup... If i hv to go golf direct i will go tO the one in commonwealth and look for Guna.. Damn nice guy... Not ubi
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Scotty California and Titleist SM4 wedges   2012 Scotty California and Titleist SM4 wedges I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2012 Scotty California and Titleist SM4 wedges
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next