Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What are the lofts of your hybrids?

Go down 
+9
jaketang
Linch
ironfist
jtek
solarpop
Duval_S
who8168
daveaha
Technospaz
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

What are the lofts of your hybrids? Empty
PostSubject: What are the lofts of your hybrids?   What are the lofts of your hybrids? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 8:38 pm

Just curious, folks: if you do carry hybrids, what loft(s) are they?

I'm currently using a 20.5˚ Launcher and a 25˚ TM Burner Rescue. I don't use the 25˚ too much because I don't like the TM and I was wondering whether it made sense to pick up a 23˚ or 26˚ Launcher hybrid instead?

Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: What are the lofts of your hybrids?   What are the lofts of your hybrids? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 8:41 pm

Bro, in this case can you seill the 25deg Rescue to me ? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I'm looking for one...
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
who8168
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
who8168

PostSubject: Re: What are the lofts of your hybrids?   What are the lofts of your hybrids? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 8:48 pm

I carry 2 hybrids, both TM 07 Burners - 19 & 22 deg, with Graman #5 80 gm shafts, stiff flex.

So far only 1 other hybrid felt better than my current ones, and that was Quinike's Baffler Pro, stock stiff shaft. Club head was even smaller than the TM hybrids, but impact felt really solid. I may consider changing to that..... ISS (itchy backside syndrome) again. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: What are the lofts of your hybrids?   What are the lofts of your hybrids? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 8:49 pm

daveaha wrote:
Bro, in this case can you seill the 25deg Rescue to me ? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I'm looking for one...

LOL! Sure... let me see if I can pick up a 23˚ first Smile
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What are the lofts of your hybrids?   What are the lofts of your hybrids? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 9:01 pm

I must be the oddball....started the game with the same hybrid and till now...same hybrid....no technology embracing improvement....

I carry CPR 18 and 21 deg... this is supposedly (at least on paper) to carry 170m and 150m.........
Back to top Go down
solarpop
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
solarpop

PostSubject: Re: What are the lofts of your hybrids?   What are the lofts of your hybrids? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 9:06 pm

Titleist 909H 19*, my 3 iron replacement.
This replaced my nike CPR 18* which i was using for quite a few years. Titleist slightly less forgiving, but feel on impact is excellent, almost orgasmic hahaha.

Reason to get a hybrid is to plug your distance gaps, so get whatever that will help your game.

Techno - do you have problems hitting your 4 and 5 iron? If not, no reason to get such a high lofted hybrid.
Back to top Go down
jtek
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What are the lofts of your hybrids?   What are the lofts of your hybrids? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 9:20 pm

I only have my TM Rescue Mid 19Deg... Cos the rest of the wood I can't use... hee hee hee Smile
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: What are the lofts of your hybrids?   What are the lofts of your hybrids? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 9:24 pm

solarpop wrote:
Titleist 909H 19*, my 3 iron replacement.
This replaced my nike CPR 18* which i was using for quite a few years. Titleist slightly less forgiving, but feel on impact is excellent, almost orgasmic hahaha.

Reason to get a hybrid is to plug your distance gaps, so get whatever that will help your game.

Techno - do you have problems hitting your 4 and 5 iron? If not, no reason to get such a high lofted hybrid.

Actually, I don't have a problem hitting my 4i/5i (well, on most days anyway). I guess the 25˚/26˚ is excessive. Appreciate the feedback, SP Smile
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PostSubject: Re: What are the lofts of your hybrids?   What are the lofts of your hybrids? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 10:17 pm

i have a Cleveland Launcher 20.5* 3-hybrid. don't need anymore cos i love my 4i. Razz

don't seem to like how light it is though.. i'm thinking of actually reshafting it to a steel shaft but i'll have to see what the clubfitter says.
Back to top Go down
Linch
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Linch

PostSubject: Re: What are the lofts of your hybrids?   What are the lofts of your hybrids? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 10:52 pm

I carry a TM Draw 19* to carry 180m. Seldom use in the course.
I like to use my 5 wood better.
Don't know why, It tops every time I try. Therefore I lose confident.
Only when the ball gets trap into a bad rough and I need distance, I try using again.
Back to top Go down
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/indoprof-golf/
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What are the lofts of your hybrids?   What are the lofts of your hybrids? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 11:14 pm

i have got a 3H 20degree n 4H 23degree from my adams A2 iron set...

so far nvr put the 3H in my bag, only 4H n my 5 wood (18degree)
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: What are the lofts of your hybrids?   What are the lofts of your hybrids? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 7:26 am

ironfist wrote:
i have a Cleveland Launcher 20.5* 3-hybrid. don't need anymore cos i love my 4i. Razz

don't seem to like how light it is though.. i'm thinking of actually reshafting it to a steel shaft but i'll have to see what the clubfitter says.

I agree that the stock 20.5˚ Launcher feels a little light but I play it reasonably well. Don't wanna change anything about it.... may spoil the chi Wink
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: What are the lofts of your hybrids?   What are the lofts of your hybrids? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 9:05 am

21 degree - Callaway X with Crossfire - 190m
26 degree - Cleveland Launcher with Crossfire - 170m

the 21 degree is my saviour club and the 26 degree is the par maker for the long holes or the par 3s.

Jason...forget about the chi in your launcher, you got to try the Xfire to get some Boomz into your hybrid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Roystonnn
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What are the lofts of your hybrids?   What are the lofts of your hybrids? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 9:31 am

DGman wrote:

the 21 degree is my saviour club and the 26 degree is the par maker for the long holes or the par 3s.

Jason...forget about the chi in your launcher, you got to try the Xfire to get some Boomz into your hybrid.

Haha!! yaya, the word "chi" is out already.
Nowdays people use the word "Boomz". ROFL
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: What are the lofts of your hybrids?   What are the lofts of your hybrids? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 9:49 am

DGman wrote:

I think I'll pick up a 23/26˚ Launcher and get the shaft changed to the Xfire... let me see how that baby works out.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: What are the lofts of your hybrids?   What are the lofts of your hybrids? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 10:08 am

i think there is a demo 26 degree launcher with a xfire stiff in the demo bag by the launch monitor.

go for it Jason.....very Boomz....
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

PostSubject: Re: What are the lofts of your hybrids?   What are the lofts of your hybrids? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 10:10 am

DGman wrote:

i have personally witnessed the killing power of DGman's hybrids.... trust the man when he says that there is BoomZ in his hybridZ.....
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: What are the lofts of your hybrids?   What are the lofts of your hybrids? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 10:14 am

Wau MT you woke up so early today ah? how was your Chairman MAO test?

will be at driving range later for demo...hopefully can post some pictures....tried the new zelocity software, quite nice but the spin rate appears to be off so we are reverting to the old software version...4.0.

jason you can pick up the demo from frostee.

DGman
Back to top Go down
golfamigo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
golfamigo

PostSubject: Re: What are the lofts of your hybrids?   What are the lofts of your hybrids? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 10:14 am

DGman wrote:
i think there is a demo 26 degree launcher with a xfire stiff in the demo bag by the launch monitor....

Confirmed, the 26deg Hyb is sitting there, just did some warm up with it with my new Ecco shoe...hahaha
Back to top Go down
http://www.ivangolf.com
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: What are the lofts of your hybrids?   What are the lofts of your hybrids? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 10:15 am

DGman wrote:
i think there is a demo 26 degree launcher with a xfire stiff in the demo bag by the launch monitor.

go for it Jason.....very Boomz....

WOOT! I'm going to pick it up to test Smile Thanks boss!

On a separate note, has anyone tried Mizuno hybrids (in particular, the MX-700s)?
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: What are the lofts of your hybrids?   What are the lofts of your hybrids? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 10:16 am

the 43 white?
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

PostSubject: Re: What are the lofts of your hybrids?   What are the lofts of your hybrids? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 10:18 am

DGman wrote:
Wau MT you woke up so early today ah? how was your Chairman MAO test?

will be at driving range later for demo...hopefully can post some pictures....tried the new zelocity software, quite nice but the spin rate appears to be off so we are reverting to the old software version...4.0.

jason you can pick up the demo from frostee.

DGman

i always wake up so early... anyway, of course i passed my test... but with no colours.. haha...

which driving range are u going to??
i will be paying my shifu a visit before going to marina bay for a slaughter time with my dearest bro LOSTSOUL....

anyway jason, this shaft is a monster... trust me... don't even test it... just put the shaft into all your clubs ASAP!!! B OOMZ BOOMZ BOOMZ ~!!!!!!!
someone should make a BOOMZ smiley.
Back to top Go down
golfamigo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
golfamigo

PostSubject: Re: What are the lofts of your hybrids?   What are the lofts of your hybrids? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 10:20 am

DGman wrote:
the 43 white?

Yup, the white, but I can still wear the 42, only a bit tight but it looks damn good.

that's why still here, take the silver, b'cos i vain or take the white one???
Back to top Go down
http://www.ivangolf.com
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

PostSubject: Re: What are the lofts of your hybrids?   What are the lofts of your hybrids? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 10:22 am

golfamigo wrote:
DGman wrote:
the 43 white?

Yup, the white, but I can still wear the 42, only a bit tight but it looks damn good.

that's why still here, take the silver, b'cos i vain or take the white one???

bro, this is why god make us with 2 LEGS.... 1 leg can wear the silver, 1 leg can wear the white.. ROFL
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: What are the lofts of your hybrids?   What are the lofts of your hybrids? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 10:22 am

i dont know which range leh...jason coming to pick me up and have lunch before heading out. i believe its in the city...

oh i forgot to tell you i am in taipei today....

DGman
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are the lofts of your hybrids?   What are the lofts of your hybrids? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are the lofts of your hybrids?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next