Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Putters and shafts

Go down 
+14
kevinhwc
silverdove
audi
aerosmith10
fergo
acidic88
tronos
hacknet
robert33
eiji
jtek
golfcoma
joshyo
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
joshyo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
joshyo

Putters and shafts Empty
PostSubject: Putters and shafts   Putters and shafts I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 10:07 pm

I currently own a Yes! Tracy Putter and I don't really like the feeling i get when i putt with it. Not used to the heavy shaft combined with heavy head. I kinda prefer the TM Rossa Fontana but they told me they aren't producing those anymore. Think i prefer medium weight shaft with a slightly heavy head kinda like the Scotty Newport 2 or 2.5 or the rossa fontana. (I think my current shaft is true temper on the tracy)

Recently tried some odyssey putter, adjustable back weight blade putter. Liked that feel. Only problem is budget. The Scotty and odyssey are more to the expensive range for me. $300++

Any other putters that would fit the description of light shaft with slightly heavy head? That costs about 200+ Slightly under 300 would be ok. Or should i just re-shaft my Yes! Tracy putter..?

Regards
josh
Back to top Go down
golfcoma
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Putters and shafts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putters and shafts   Putters and shafts I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 10:11 pm

Have you tried the Zen putter? I went from a scotty to a hiro matsumoto, and am now gaming with a zen putter. Try doing a search on the forum and you should be able to find lots of review.
Back to top Go down
jtek
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

Putters and shafts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putters and shafts   Putters and shafts I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 10:23 pm

U mean Zen is more affortable than odyssey?
Back to top Go down
joshyo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
joshyo

Putters and shafts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putters and shafts   Putters and shafts I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 10:26 pm

Im betting zen is at least $400 with what i see they're offering..
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

Putters and shafts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putters and shafts   Putters and shafts I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 10:29 pm

A putter is used more often than a driver, but most won't bat an eyelid when spending 300-500 every year for the latest driver.

A good putter will accompany you for years, a bad putter will only give you grief and you may end up spending more in search of the right one.

Thats what I think, it can be a Zen, Odyssey, Scotty, Bettinardi, Miura, etc etc.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
robert33
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
robert33

Putters and shafts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putters and shafts   Putters and shafts I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 10:41 pm

Hi joshyo,

You may wanna consider e TM imola putter i am selling...

http://www.golfrepublic.org/t13566-last-3-putters-for-sale

Cheers
Back to top Go down
hacknet
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Putters and shafts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putters and shafts   Putters and shafts I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 10:47 pm

what length do you guys use? i keep seeing 35" for sale but im told that most people should be using a 32"
Back to top Go down
joshyo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
joshyo

Putters and shafts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putters and shafts   Putters and shafts I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 10:59 pm

I got a feeling my Tracy is a 35" But i like my putters short so 33" would be optimum i guess..

Robert: No sorry, tried that model before but it doesnt really suit me. Most likely the TM110 would be ok but still not my ideal.
Back to top Go down
golfcoma
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Putters and shafts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putters and shafts   Putters and shafts I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 11:12 pm

hacknet wrote:
what length do you guys use? i keep seeing 35" for sale but im told that most people should be using a 32"

The putter length depends on your height, how long your arms are, and how you address/putt. If you're not sure what putter length you should be using, go visit a good fitter and they should be able to help you with it. I'm using a 34.5 inch putter shaft.
Back to top Go down
robert33
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
robert33

Putters and shafts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putters and shafts   Putters and shafts I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 11:18 pm

joshyo wrote:
I got a feeling my Tracy is a 35" But i like my putters short so 33" would be optimum i guess..

Robert: No sorry, tried that model before but it doesnt really suit me. Most likely the TM110 would be ok but still not my ideal.

No worries bro....

Putter is a very unique piece in our golf bag...

Happi putter hunting...!

Cheers
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

Putters and shafts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putters and shafts   Putters and shafts I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 1:26 am

ever try different grip? there are more real variety of putter grips than iron grips...
Back to top Go down
acidic88
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Putters and shafts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putters and shafts   Putters and shafts I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 10:13 pm

Bro, have you tried a Mizuno T103? If not, go have a try at GH. It may surprise you and definitely fit your budget.
Back to top Go down
fergo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
fergo

Putters and shafts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putters and shafts   Putters and shafts I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 10:23 pm

i have a scotty california 34" and a scotty ltd edition "casanova" 34" if you're interested.
Back to top Go down
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

Putters and shafts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putters and shafts   Putters and shafts I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 10:36 pm

fergo wrote:
i have a scotty california 34" and a scotty ltd edition "casanova" 34" if you're interested.

love your avatar Beer
Back to top Go down
fergo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
fergo

Putters and shafts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putters and shafts   Putters and shafts I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 10:38 pm

2008 wrote:
fergo wrote:

love your avatar Beer

hahhaha... thanks! hoping one day that 'she''ll appear in my flight. bounce
Back to top Go down
aerosmith10
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Putters and shafts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putters and shafts   Putters and shafts I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 10:54 pm

fergo wrote:

which series of the california is yours? im kinda interested. good condition?
Back to top Go down
fergo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
fergo

Putters and shafts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putters and shafts   Putters and shafts I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 10:56 pm

Hollywood. aint in perfect condition. some marks here and there. its fitted with Custom Shop Midsize Black grip. will PM u some pics.
Back to top Go down
aerosmith10
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Putters and shafts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putters and shafts   Putters and shafts I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 11:08 pm

ok!
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

Putters and shafts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putters and shafts   Putters and shafts I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 9:13 pm

golfcoma wrote:
Have you tried the Zen putter? I went from a scotty to a hiro matsumoto, and am now gaming with a zen putter. Try doing a search on the forum and you should be able to find lots of review.

are you thinking of selling the hiro putter bro? am looking for 1, classic one preferrable
Back to top Go down
silverdove
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Putters and shafts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putters and shafts   Putters and shafts I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 11:16 am

Anyone got comments on the TM Rossa putters?
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

Putters and shafts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putters and shafts   Putters and shafts I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 12:02 pm

picked up a cheap Hiro mallet (the cheaper one, not the premium ones), they are quite light ....

also have a graphite shaft putter (older cheap Honma), very light overall..... Maybe a graphite shaft will help?

also have jumbo grip on Baby Ben, made the putter very 'light' as compared to the previous 'normal' grip.

Back to top Go down
kevinhwc
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kevinhwc

Putters and shafts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putters and shafts   Putters and shafts I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 1:57 pm

silverdove,

I have the TM Rossa ghost in my bag.... tried hitting it once (not mine... mine still new)... not bad... feedback was ok...

Personally, I prefer the scotty newport 2... just got one from a bro... love it...
Back to top Go down
madmaru
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
madmaru

Putters and shafts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putters and shafts   Putters and shafts I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 2:59 pm

i'm using the cleveland BRZ 1 nice feel and cheap too under $100 from GD spin milled face and with copper insert go try it out
Back to top Go down
silverdove
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Putters and shafts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putters and shafts   Putters and shafts I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 3:15 pm

Thanks Kevin,

I was actually referring to the TM TP by Kia Ma (TM's equivalent of Scotty Cam). I've heard good things but the pricing isn't too different... anyone have this putter?
Back to top Go down
zhenxua
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
zhenxua

Putters and shafts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putters and shafts   Putters and shafts I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 4:46 am

is there any centre shafted sabertooth putter available in the market?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Putters and shafts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putters and shafts   Putters and shafts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Putters and shafts
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next